Report by Judith Curry

Don't you think a better solution for the homeless would be to create conditions in which people do not lose their homes? Giving the homeless no place to rest their heads only produces homeless dead.
Some of them belong dead. Death is an important part of life. I do have some sympathy for that position however. It would be so nice and dreamy eyed sunshiney.... absolutely John lennonesque to pretend on the merits of universal egalitarianism....it would also be the most efficient route to the extinction of humanity.

Some of them belong dead. Death is an important part of life. I do have some sympathy for that position however. It would be so nice and dreamy eyed sunshiney.... absolutely John lennonesque to pretend on the merits of universal egalitarianism....it would also be the most efficient route to the extinction of humanity.
Yep,'Imagine' all the people!!! take away the people who make products and services and you have millions of people dead. And that is what I Imagine!!!!!

Yep,'Imagine' all the people!!! take away the people who make products and services and you have millions of people dead. And that is what I Imagine!!!!!
But! But!....the children! A fetus! A fetus! My kingdom for a fetus!

Please explain. There are nations on this planet that have essentially no homeless. Japan, one of the more densely populated nations on the planet has one homeless perseon for every 50,000 citizens. Thirty four nations have lower homelessness rates than does the United States, most of which have far lower per capita budgets that do we. Why would that be if not simply the prioritiy assigned to the issue? See List of sovereign states by homeless population - Wikipedia

Please explain. There are nations on this planet that have essentially no homeless. Japan, one of the more densely populated nations on the planet has one homeless perseon for every 50,000 citizens. Thirty four nations have lower homelessness rates than does the United States, most of which have far lower per capita budgets that do we. Why would that be if not simply the prioritiy assigned to the issue? See List of sovereign states by homeless population - Wikipedia
get rid of the drug problem in the US like shut the border. You know japan has a country with borders and they fking protect them.

I believe that they have a much better work Ethic Mr.C. I know people from Japan. Immigrated from here.... actually from my own workplace. WORK has the same status over there as Oxygen. I'm not arguing that we spend money on very stupid things that could be used to help the unfortunate....the Ukraine war is probably one of those things .... I think to a certain extent we are victims of our own prosperousness. I personally spend some of my time in volunteer activities and I try to be aware of those less fortunate. It's a good thing to do and I would never criticize anyone for doing it. It pains me to see the homeless....some of those close to me have chosen this life..but mind you...it was a choice.

Last edited:
I believe that they have a much better work Ethic Mr.C. I know people from Japan. Immigrated from here.... actually from my own workplace. WORK has the same status over there as Oxygen. I'm not arguing that we spend money on very stupid things that could be used to help the unfortunate....the Ukraine war is probably one of those things .... I think to a certain extent we are victims of our own prosperounrss. I personally spend some of my time in volunteer activities and I try to be aware of those less fortunate. It's a good thing to do and I would never criticize anyone for doing it. It pains me to see the homeless....some of those close to me have chosen this life..but mind you...it was a choice.
Correct many if not most do homelessness as a choice. People who were homeless and received help most times return to homelessness. I don't believe there is a methodology to force individuals to stop choosing to be lazy and dependent.

Last edited:
Correct many if not most do homelessness as a choice. People who were homeless and received help most times return to homelessness. I don't believe their is a methodology to force individuals to stop choosing to be lazy and dependent.
90 percent of them have chosen substance abuse as a way of life. It's unfortunate but his does that obligate others?

Surprising that they can afford it.
I tell you truthfully sir...the ingenuity of some of them is astonishing. My friend I have met some minds out there that I knew where many times larger than my own in just a few brief sentences....a humbling experience to be sure. Talented people who fell into the Damn-ned habit and couldn't shake it. I know what they do with the money I give them.... No judgement here just exasperation. Often times I go into Walmart and buy a few club sandwich to pass out to the patrons of wally world parking lot. It's not what they want and I know that. I don't smoke.... Still...I keep cigarettes on me to pass out. It seems to bring them some comfort.

Somewhere out there I have son...he could come home and he knows that. No pressure here either. He chooses not to. On some corner somewhere holding a sign. I can only hope that others are kind to him.

There but for the grace of God buddy ...whether you believe in him or not the saying is valid....I tell myself that all the time. There but for the grace of God ....Go I.

Jo

Forum List

Back