New Age Movement/Medicine -Satanic false religion

dilloduck said:
Unless you can be more specific about the type of spiritual, I would simply call this type a scam to convert non-believers. Anyone who told me that they could put a demon in me would also be a charlatan.
HUH?

Which type is a scam?

I lost you there.

I am going to jump in on this for a second. This might end up being a "drive-by" post..... you guys get way too into some of your topics and NOTHING is EVER agreed upon so sometimes it just seems like you all like seeing your words written on a screen.

I believe that all life forms have various forms of energy within them. I am not an expert on this, so I ain't gonna provide pages and pages of supporting documents. It is just something that I believe based on my understanding of things.

Now, having said that, I do not believe in NOT GOING TO A DOCTOR and seeing some quack when one is ill. Sure, desperate situations require desperate means (i.e. people with cancer going to Mexico trying to find ANYTHING that might cure them for example) but quackery has no place in a modern society although it does have a presence.

I follow the tenants of Feng Shui but mostly because my wife, who is Asian, firmly believes in it but my opinion is still being formed. When you think about it, there is a lot of sense in Feng Shui as even I believe that everything has energy and the entire premise of Feng Shui is that you want to keep positive energies flowing in a positive direction while putting up road blocks to negative energy.

BTW: My best position to face while working is the SW. Do you know yours?

A preacher healing me in front of a congregation I would call a scam to convert. Can you prove that I can have a demon put in me or are we still hypothesizing?

dilloduck said:
A preacher healing me in front of a congregation I would call a scam to convert.

Agreed.

Can you prove that I can have a demon put in me or are we still hypothesizing?

That depends on your acceptance and definition of evidence.

Only you can answer your own question of wether we are hypothesizing or not.

dilloduck said:
A preacher healing me in front of a congregation I would call a scam to convert. Can you prove that I can have a demon put in me or are we still hypothesizing?

dillo, why the negative karma for my post?

NewGuy said:
In context to your question, you have to seperate the two as the topic distinguishes the two then.

If faith of a practicioner is combined with a pill or drug that is fine as long as no ritual or spiritual transfer goes from the practicioner to patient.

If a practicioner decides to meditate and lay hands on a person who is told to relax and accept the feelings or transfer of energies, or whatever, now you have a whole different issue.

well, in order to avoid any conflicts on this issue with you, I'm just going to agree to disagree with you and leave it at that. I have a difference of opinion on the matter.

DKSuddeth said:
well, in order to avoid any conflicts on this issue with you, I'm just going to agree to disagree with you and leave it at that. I have a difference of opinion on the matter.

Otay.

dilloduck said:
Why do you accuse me?

go to user cp and you can see who has given you positive or negative karma. so why are you denying it?

[Red Dot] New Age Movement/Medici... 07-20-2004 09:37 AM dilloduck

Pretty clear to me.

sorry----i agreed with your post all the way--I work best facing south--the bad karma was my error or a glitch in the sytem. Thanks for showing me where I get comments from. I see you hit me with a negative so I guess we're even huh? This rep thing is gettin outta hand.

dilloduck said:
sorry----i agreed with your post all the way--I work best facing south--the bad karma was my error or a glitch in the sytem. Thanks for showing me where I get comments from. I see you hit me with a negative so I guess we're even huh? This rep thing is gettin outta hand.

we are even and I promise, I will give you some good karma to offset the bad!

freeandfun1 said:
we are even and I promise, I will give you some good karma to offset the bad!

Wah? Karma? Rep? What??? :happy2:

Kathianne said:
Wah? Karma? Rep? What??? :happy2:

the little green dots indicate a persons "reputation". If you like a post, click on the scales in the top right and you can give a good comment or a bad (you already know this I think as you have graced me with some good karma).

I guess the mods here use it to distinguish reputation. I used to participate in a pot smoker's board called overgrow.com. There, they called it Karma and I kinda like that so I call it karma here too.

freeandfun1 said:
the little green dots indicate a persons "reputation". If you like a post, click on the scales in the top right and you can give a good comment or a bad (you already know this I think as you have graced me with some good karma).

I guess the mods here use it to distinguish reputation. I used to participate in a pot smoker's board called overgrow.com. There, they called it Karma and I kinda like that so I call it karma here too.

Actually my attempt at 'humor' seems to have failed miserably. ;) I don't know about any of the other mods, but I wouldn't rate anyone by the dots! Seems to me that it sets up more of a race of who's online more, partisanship on political threads, and allies on the religious threads. Looking at those on the 'bottom' we have the leftwingers and trolls, not necessarily the same thing-Yeah guys, I DO know that! :happy2:

Left wingers, trolls, and "religious BS" posters will be the bottom.

In essence, the popular ones will end up being the fence sitters in the middle of everything because they don't want to offend.

NewGuy said:

In essence, the popular ones will end up being the fence sitters in the middle of everything because they don't want to offend.

like Dennis Miller said on his show last night..... if you haven't decided which side you are on right now, pick up a friggin newspaper and read it cuz he is baffled how anybody can be sitting by saying, "well, I am not sure what my position is on the WoT".

He also gave a wonderful editorial last night on Bush's decision to keep Cheney on the ticket.

NewGuy said:

Could be, but perhaps your underestimating the slant of the board? :mm:

Kathianne said:
Could be, but perhaps your underestimating the slant of the board? :mm:

Nah,

The slant means little if it is the vocal minority making the slant.

NewGuy said:
Jeff, you then have an issue.

If you turn from Christ and allow a spirit to inhabit your body knowingly, you have consciously made yourself commit the unpardonable sin.

There is no salvation for willingly turning from Christ. It requires recommitment. Also, if a non-believer becomes possesed, it is an incredible amount of work to become saved as their thinking and behavior bcomes murky.

Therefore you DO have risk of losing a potential salvation.

What I'm saying is that you would first have to turn from/renounce Christ, and then invite/allow a different spirit to inhabit your body. It is impossible for a demon to possess the body of a Christian because the Holy Spirit already dwells there.

I agree with you that if you renounce Christ, you have willingly terminated your previously held salvation. I also agree that if a former believer becomes demon-possessed, he is really screwed.

I think the only point of contention is that I believe a Christian would have to make a conscious decision to renounce Christ, while it seems to me that you are arguing that a Christian could unwittingly lose their salvation simply by going to a New Age "healer" who invites a foreign spirit into their body.

DKSuddeth said:
would not faith healers, like the evangelicals, be considered in the same group then?

I think faith healers believe that God can heal miraculously, which in my mind is different than healing through the use of a spirit.

Forum List

Back