Holy War???

D

deciophobic

Would we all agree that the war in Iraq is not a holy war?

So why has George Bush done nothing but say God is on America's side. "God Bless America". Who says God wants America to win the war, who said God wanted this war in the first place?

This is one reason I despise Bush, he is making this a war in God's name, it is no better than what the religious leaders did during the time of the Crusades.

Where in one single quote has Bush said that this is a "holy war?"

God bless America, does not equate with calling something a holy war. So would you like to see the new Iraqi government fail? Do you not want to "bless" them and hope they succeed? Just curious.

If this was about religion, we would have destroyed Iran before Iraq.

deciophobic said:

It is a holy war according to the Muslims. Or have your forgotten that conveniently?

I think Yurt said it well. "God Bless America" does not apply strictly to this war - it is a phrase that has been used as far back as I can remember. I don't think bush considers this a holy war at all. The terrorists, however, have specifically declared this a holy war, in the false belief that God wants all non-Muslims to die.

The United States is fighting for self preservation ----physically and economically. The terrorist SAY they are fighting Christianity and Judaism because the Koran tells em to. I suspect their REAL motives to be far from religious.

dilloduck said:
The United States is fighting for self preservation ----physically and economically. The terrorist SAY they are fighting Christianity and Judaism because the Koran tells em to. I suspect their REAL motives to be far from religious.

When they say it, and their text promotes it, it can be believed.

dilloduck said:

you're right. i was reading recently about how the Religious Leaders of Iran are running everything there like a syndicate. They are the new ruling elite. The people are still oppressed, the oppressor is just disguised in a new form.

deciophobic said:

So why has George Bush done nothing but say God is on America's side. "God Bless America". Who says God wants America to win the war, who said God wanted this war in the first place?

This is one reason I despise Bush, he is making this a war in God's name, it is no better than what the religious leaders did during the time of the Crusades.

(sigh)

Now libs are really digging for reasons not to like one of our nations greatest leaders.

dilloduck said:
The terrorist SAY they are fighting Christianity and Judaism because the Koran tells em to. I suspect their REAL motives to be far from religious.

Evidently, Usama at least has been very religious for most of his life. I believe he fought in Afghanistan against the Soviets, and fights today because of his religious convictions. For him, this is indeed a holy war. I do not doubt that.

deciophobic said:

All agree? The Coalition is fighting a war to prevent the terrorists from destroying the world of mankind. The terrorists believe in their Allah given right to destroy all that do not believe in this moon-god idol. IOW it is a holy war on one side only.

Who said that G-d did not want this war? Who says that G-d does not want His creations to survive this assault on it by the idolotors who throw their children into the fire of their rock-god?

I'm certain that GW Bush has little love for your carcass. Yes George Bush yells from his White House, awwalllahauakbar, go my soldiers and fight the Islamic terrorists in the name of my personal god. The Crusaders were certainly led to war in the name of George Bush's god. Onward George Bush, onward to the fray, with the sword of America......

Are you a realy fairy?

gop_jeff said:
I think Yurt said it well. "God Bless America" does not apply strictly to this war - it is a phrase that has been used as far back as I can remember. I don't think bush considers this a holy war at all. The terrorists, however, have specifically declared this a holy war, in the false belief that God wants all non-Muslims to die.

I can't speak for Bush but most people that I know that use that term God Bless America are making a general statement of acknowledgement of how blessed a nation we are and that abundance comes from God. And yes it is the radical Muslims that are calling this war and all other actions going on related to the war on terrorism, as a HOLY WAR.

Forum List

Back