New Age Movement/Medicine -Satanic false religion

gop_jeff said:
What I'm saying is that you would first have to turn from/renounce Christ, and then invite/allow a different spirit to inhabit your body. It is impossible for a demon to possess the body of a Christian because the Holy Spirit already dwells there.

It should also be noted that one does NOT have to DECIDE to turn from Christ and accept a foreign spirit. On can decide to accept the foreign spirit and sabotage the whole thing. Therefore, it can be done with one simple decision.

I think the only point of contention is that I believe a Christian would have to make a conscious decision to renounce Christ, while it seems to me that you are arguing that a Christian could unwittingly lose their salvation simply by going to a New Age "healer" who invites a foreign spirit into their body.

I never said that.

gop_jeff said:
I think faith healers believe that God can heal miraculously, which in my mind is different than healing through the use of a spirit.

That depends on the choice the recipient makes. -Not the person doing the healing.

NewGuy said:
Accupuncture, accupressure and Chinese medicine has no specific need for spirituality in the middle of the practice.

Neither do herbs.

I am well versed with both.

Spirituality where channeling or balancing energies come into play IS new age, and IS a form of "healing" that is debunked and THAT is what we are referring to.

So, no, Bully, you are far from correct. I was not looking to have a topic on "healing techniques" but the spirituality aspect of something all together different.

What do you think the purpose of accupuncture and accupressure is? They are a means of "...channeling or balancing energies..." by means of removing blockages to the flow of chi. Dismissed. :teeth:

NewGuy said:
It should also be noted that one does NOT have to DECIDE to turn from Christ and accept a foreign spirit. On can decide to accept the foreign spirit and sabotage the whole thing. Therefore, it can be done with one simple decision.

I disagree. If one is a Christian, I think one could be influenced by a foreign spirit, but one cannot accept a foreign spirit if one already has the Holy Spirit in them.

Bullypulpit said:
What do you think the purpose of accupuncture and accupressure is? They are a means of "...channeling or balancing energies..." by means of removing blockages to the flow of chi. Dismissed. :teeth:

Dismiss yourself.

You don't even KNOW what the "energies" mean.

In context, Chinese medicine works on pressures created by tension in the body and circulatory response like in a plumbing situation for a house or vacuum setup in a car's smog system.

If you want to "dismiss" anything, don't post. You obviously are trolling with nothing valuable to contribute.

interesting topic. I am going to have to give it the serious thought that it deserves before responding.

KLSuddeth said:
interesting topic. I am going to have to give it the serious thought that it deserves before responding.

:thewave: Thought of you when I saw this! :banana: :beer:

Ihave a feeling a couple of people did....one in particular lol
:laugh:

KLSuddeth said:
Ihave a feeling a couple of people did....one in particular lol
:laugh:

:kiss2: or this :spank3: today? Huh? Maybe both! He's been good!

eh not him (this time LMAO), but thats ok :)
Sometimes ya gotta rise above the muck. Lets see if Im capable of it. :teeth:

youre funny lol

but thank you all the same :)

as per my m.o. (LOL), it will be a little while as I mull all this over before I reply.

:teeth:

NewGuy said:
Dismiss yourself.

You don't even KNOW what the "energies" mean.

In context, Chinese medicine works on pressures created by tension in the body and circulatory response like in a plumbing situation for a house or vacuum setup in a car's smog system.

If you want to "dismiss" anything, don't post. You obviously are trolling with nothing valuable to contribute.

Got my information from a practitioner...the Gyalwa Karmapa's physician. Where'd you get yours?

Bullypulpit said:
Got my information from a practitioner...the Gyalwa Karmapa's physician. Where'd you get yours?

Angi Ma Wong. She came to my house and office to get our feng shui adjusted just right..... The only problem is that I am not sure if it is working or not.....

:thup:

Bullypulpit said:

Well, you got your information from someone who didn't require a true knowledge of the field in order to legally be able to practice.

This is the prime reason I don't like nor trust a doctor by their qualifications posted on the wall. A cert means nothing.

I got MY information about Chinese medicine through intense study from the 2 leading authorities as dictated by the eldest and most respected of Chinese martial arts and ancient healing arts authorities in China.

Of the two people my information comes from, 1 has dedicated his life to healing, and the other to using the same information as a healing/defense system.

Again, both are world renown and tops in their field. I have medical books on anatomy and medical sciences which is used to grant medical students their educations and backs up the information as to how the body works which verify the science.

For herbs, I get my information from numerous sources which include Americas leading authority on chemical composition of herbs and plants. His job for many years was to go into 3rd world nations and declare which herbs could be used for which medicines in case medical supplies for the military ran out. His botanical database is still online with the government and available for public access.

As far as the "energy" component of all of this, I have numerous books on energy, and have an education in electronics, computers, and residential elecrical. I have studied heavily in realms of elecromagnetics, physics, and biology and have texts on electromagnetic fields within the body and how the various frequencies and healing properties work to also stimulate regeneration of tissue.

On top of all of that, I have numerous study texts to refer to select areas of the Bible to look up topics according to what the Bible says and I can pick it up from there.

On top of all of that, I have the Bible.

I can read it cover to cover, and I have in the past, and understand it quite clearly in context.

So now the question remains.

Who is to be dismissed?

NewGuy said:
Well, you got your information from someone who didn't require a true knowledge of the field in order to legally be able to practice.

This is the prime reason I don't like nor trust a doctor by their qualifications posted on the wall. A cert means nothing.

I got MY information about Chinese medicine through intense study from the 2 leading authorities as dictated by the eldest and most respected of Chinese martial arts and ancient healing arts authorities in China.

Of the two people my information comes from, 1 has dedicated his life to healing, and the other to using the same information as a healing/defense system.

Again, both are world renown and tops in their field. I have medical books on anatomy and medical sciences which is used to grant medical students their educations and backs up the information as to how the body works which verify the science.

For herbs, I get my information from numerous sources which include Americas leading authority on chemical composition of herbs and plants. His job for many years was to go into 3rd world nations and declare which herbs could be used for which medicines in case medical supplies for the military ran out. His botanical database is still online with the government and available for public access.

As far as the "energy" component of all of this, I have numerous books on energy, and have an education in electronics, computers, and residential elecrical. I have studied heavily in realms of elecromagnetics, physics, and biology and have texts on electromagnetic fields within the body and how the various frequencies and healing properties work to also stimulate regeneration of tissue.

On top of all of that, I have numerous study texts to refer to select areas of the Bible to look up topics according to what the Bible says and I can pick it up from there.

On top of all of that, I have the Bible.

I can read it cover to cover, and I have in the past, and understand it quite clearly in context.

So now the question remains.

Who is to be dismissed?

All well and good...until you get to the bible part. That pretty much kills your credibility.

Bullypulpit said:
All well and good...until you get to the bible part. That pretty much kills your credibility.

Coming from you, I will take that as a compliment.

Bullypulpit said:

Despite your indifference to the bible it has been around for two millenia and there are extremely significant and historically documented facts verifying its authenticity. One must remember that the bible is but one book in a long documented history of man.

Forum List

Back