New Age Movement/Medicine -Satanic false religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by NewGuy, Jul 20, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious if anyone would like to discuss this topic.

Summary:

The claim is that reliance on allegedly "natural" and "spiritual" methods of healing offer medical care superior to that of modern orthodox medicine. Recourse is often made to various concepts about so-called invisible "life energies" as the reason it "works."

It has been discredited, despite numerous claims to the contrary.

It is Satanic/occultic in nature involving altered states of consciousness, psychic healing, channeling, divination, shamanism, and more.

This kind of takes us into another nice big realm of controversy I was looking to debate on.

Any takers?

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296

you talking about stuff like feng shui?

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I was talking about more of the stuff involving "healing" by way of channeling, or alligning "life energies".

-That sort of thing. Basically the stuff dealing with what would be percieved as "New Age Medicine".

Feng Shui if I remember correctly has more to do with external forces rather than internal.

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Yeah, Feng Shui is a decorating technique that supposedly channels external energy into its correct places. It's kinda cute, and many of the tipes they give are practical in nature and are good ideas, no matter if you beleive the energy thing or not. New age involves denying yourself a doctor, and that's dangerous.

5. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Actually, there's nothing "New Age" about it. It goes back centuries to Ayurvedic tradition, ancient Chinese medicine, accupucture and accupressure, the shamanic traditions with their extensive herbal lore...all shown to provide real benefits. These methods, in addition to the more mechanistic Western medical traditions provide a means of treating the whole person, rather than just managing the symptoms.

"New Age" medicine is nothing more than the re-discovery of centuries old methodologies. And Feng Shui is geomancy.

6. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Accupuncture, accupressure and Chinese medicine has no specific need for spirituality in the middle of the practice.

Neither do herbs.

I am well versed with both.

Spirituality where channeling or balancing energies come into play IS new age, and IS a form of "healing" that is debunked and THAT is what we are referring to.

So, no, Bully, you are far from correct. I was not looking to have a topic on "healing techniques" but the spirituality aspect of something all together different.

7. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    where, how, and what exactly was used to debunk the 'new age' medicine?

8. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Bully is correct in saying that herbs, acupuncture/acupressure, etc. have a great healing effect on the body.

But I understand what you are talking about, NG, and I agree with you in theory, though I've never done any study on the topic.

9. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed.

Herbs have chemical properties which are the entire basis of nearly all pharmaceuticals.

Chinese medicine has origins in pressure points as they relate to the circulatory system and supplying the proper regions with nutrition. Chaniging this pressure, diminishing it, or causing back pressure can do everything from heal to kill.

So what is left is the "spirituality" surrounding medicinal fields that needs to be understood as SEPERATE. This is often referred to as "New Age".

The reason I wanted to bring it up is that it is growing in popularity among "healers" who are nothing more than people adopting false spirituality and wrapping it around practices which they CLAIM promote healing, but in fact promote satanic posession and are not rooted in healing at all.

This being incredibly dangerous to the body and mind can also strip one of salvation.

That is why I thought it worth conversation.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Are you saying that someone could put a demon in me while pretending to spiritually heal me? Just making sure I understand this right.