Need to bring back the draft

I know it isn't a very popular idea but I personally believe everybody living in America should be required to fulfill two years of military service. I'm all for the draft or something similar. Maybe immediately after finishing up high school you should be required to go into the military for two years and then on to college if you wish. I think that would be a great idea. Standing by waiting to be called "less than human" by many...

I know it isn't a very popular idea but I personally believe everybody living in America should be required to fulfill two years of military service. I'm all for the draft or something similar. Maybe immediately after finishing up high school you should be required to go into the military for two years and then on to college if you wish. I think that would be a great idea. Standing by waiting to be called "less than human" by many...

Alot of other countries do that, don't think that would go over well here though.

Boot camp is not as easy as you think.

there are a LOT of knuckle heads that want to join, but don't last.

Out of the 80 my boot company started with, we were down to about 55 original members.

We lost people for the nuttiest things;
very low reading ability
couldn't do math
couldn't swim [Yes, people sign up for Navy that can't swim]
could learn to fold cloths
make their bunks
etc, etc.

And you want to send everyone in? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Deep breath
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

ooo, I'ma getting dizzy.

Why draft when there is a waiting list to get in all branches?

Our present all-volunteer military is as professional and proficient as ever.

Waiting list? You obviously haven't been to a recruiter's office lately. In the recent past, the military has increased signing bonuses and lowered standards to entice people to sign up because they couldn't fill their quotas.

Incorrect

With the two wars winding down the standards for entering the military have increased dramatically.

I have a close relative who joined recently and believe me they are looking for any excuse to chapter people out of the military.

Even minor infractions that would normally get you an article 15 are now enough to have you kicked out.

Incorrect

With the two wars winding down the standards for entering the military have increased dramatically.

I have a close relative who joined recently and believe me they are looking for any excuse to chapter people out of the military.

Even minor infractions that would normally get you an article 15 are now enough to have you kicked out.

You nailed it Sunni, its a different Military these days, 20 years ago smoking marijuana or getting a DUI would just get you a letter of counseling and a stern talking to however these days the DUI gets you a Article 15 and in some cases can end your career, smoking weed gets you thrown in confinement and ends your career, you have to be a choir boy to make in this days Military.

And all volunteer army is the way to go.

I was drafted during Vietnam and definitely did not want to be there.

And my only motivation was to survive and make it through the two years.

Whereas volunteer troops are much more motivated and career oriented to be in the military.

Which leads to a higher degree of professionalism and better military performance.

Whereas volunteer troops are much more motivated and career oriented to be in the military.

Which leads to a higher degree of professionalism and better military performance.

I agree 100%, if you have a Military full of people that are forced to be there you don't get the same effort you would get from a force where everyone volunteered to be there, in my opinion a volunteer force is definently more efficient and productive than a force where people are required to be there.

I agree 100%, if you have a Military full of people that are forced to be there you don't get the same effort you would get from a force where everyone volunteered to be there, in my opinion a volunteer force is definently more efficient and productive than a force where people are required to be there.

Fighting some minor-leaguers who dont wear uniforms.

THEY BLOW

THEY BLOW

Really? I would bet my next 10 paychecks that you would get your shit pushed in by an Iraqi or Afghan insurgent in a fight.

THEY BLOW

Really? I would bet my next 10 paychecks that you would get your shit pushed in by an Iraqi or Afghan insurgent in a fight.

My elder generations fought in The Big One against big-time opp.

THEY BLOW

My elder generations fought in The Big One against big-time opp.

I don't give a fuck about your elder generations, these wars we are fighting are against guerilla forces who don't wear uniforms, and most of them could beat your ass to the ground with no problem you fucking chicken hawk arm chair General.:evil:

Was draft age during Nam.

Didnt like prsopect of fighting agqaint the cong

cowardly cheaters

Last edited:
Why draft when there is a waiting list to get in all branches?

Our present all-volunteer military is as professional and proficient as ever.

Waiting list? You obviously haven't been to a recruiter's office lately. In the recent past, the military has increased signing bonuses and lowered standards to entice people to sign up because they couldn't fill their quotas.

Defense.gov News Release: DOD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal Year-To-Date 2011 Through October

The above link shows all branches at or above 100 percent in recruiting and retention.

The unemployment rate in the 18-25 year old age group is around 25 percent.

I have not been to a recruiter's office lately but talked to one at the gym recently and read message boards other than this one.

All Volunteer has increased quality dramatically. You have people who are committed and competent rather than angry and dumb.

The big problem is we are seeing social segregation between those who have been in, and those who have not. The have nots are clueless and the haves are full of contempt.

Countries that have the draft now draft for reasons other than military competence. Spain does not permit volunteer, and they make a point of mixing folks up throughout the regions, for example. The goal is social cohesion rather than military. Who is spain going to fight? France?

even though we arentfightinganybody

Ask just about anyone in the military right now...they would much rather fight next to someone that wants to be there than someone that was forced to go! You have to know who you can count on, especially where they're at now!

You don't think they're fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq????? What do you think they're doing?

Forum List

Back