Need to bring back the draft

Worst thing about the draft were guys like Bill Clinton.

Don't judge a whole group by a few bad-apples

Audie Murphy wasn't drafted.

Lied his way into the military. Underage.

Some lie for the right reasons - Audie M - some lie for the wrongreasons Bill c (I didnt inhale - I never had sex with that women etc..................

Volunteer military is a last alternative for too many volunteers.

True statement.

But, with the high unemployment rate, the number of applicants is huge compared to the number of openings in today's military. The recruiters have their choice of the pick of the litter. There are lots of good people trying to get in but cannot.

Signed up for the draft in Sept of 1972 on my 19th birthday in the downtown Selective Service office.

Anything else both ing youi smucksS?

Still have my draft card. didnt burn it

Last edited:
Signed up for the draft in Sept of 1972 on my 19th birthday in the downtown Selective Service office.

What do you want, a fucking cookie? You're not supposed to burn your draft card.

I can't figure out if you are clowning around on the issue of combat or if you are yet another middle aged American who found their sense of bravery 30+ years after the conflict du joir.

Either way, despite what Tom Delay says, the military wasn't exactly turning people away. If you wanted to go and serve, you didn't have to wait for them to demand you show up under penalty of law.

By the way, since "no new draft orders were issued after 1972", I'll bet you were really sweating it weren't you?

http://www.sss.gov/LOTTER5.HTM

The lottery drawing held March 8, 1973, determined the order in which men born in 1954 were called to report for induction into the military.

This lottery was conducted for men who would have been called in 1974; however, no new draft orders were issued after 1972.

Last edited:

Who gives a fuck? why didn't you just go down to the Marines recruitment office and enlist? why the fuck are you bothering us with this now the Vietnam war is over you coward, you missed it.

I don't have to explain anythingto you smuchs.

Arnernt event my generation.

I obeyd the law of the land.

Wasn't that bigadeal - just went to the Ss office downtown after my 18 birthday in Sept 1971 to sighn up firthe draft. (thanks forcorrecting me - it was so long ago )

Nam was still going on butwas sort of winding down.

Nixon ended thewar that JFK started and LBJ turned into a fiasco. g

Last edited:
Wasn't that bigadeal - just went to the Ss office downtown after my 19th birthday to sighn up firthe draft.

Nam was still going on butwas sort of winding down.

Nixon ended thewar that JFK started and LBJ turned into a fiasco. g

So why didn't you go to Vietnam and fight some commies you fuckin pussy?

What do you want, a fucking cookie? You're not supposed to burn your draft card.

I can't figure out if you are clowning around on the issue of combat or if you are yet another middle aged American who found their sense of bravery 30+ years after the conflict du joir.

Either way, despite what Tom Delay says, the military wasn't exactly turning people away. If you wanted to go and serve, you didn't have to wait for them to demand you show up under penalty of law.

By the way, since "no new draft orders were issued after 1972", I'll bet you were really sweating it weren't you?

Selective Service System: History and Records

The lottery drawing held March 8, 1973, determined the order in which men born in 1954 were called to report for induction into the military.

This lottery was conducted for men who would have been called in 1974; however, no new draft orders were issued after 1972.

we'll bring back the draft when we get into to many wars or they lead upto a big one .

what we have is just not big enough .

So I was born Sept 1953 - signed up in the SS in Sept 1971 and went throught the draft lottery (which was changed from a universal draft) in 1972 aqnd I got a good number - like around 352- but it turns out NOBODY got drafted int thelottery - eveen if they drew the worst number. But they didnt know it at the time. You could tell which guys drew the short straws.

ANYTHING ELSE BOTHERING YOU CLOWNS???????????????

I still say therre should be a draftt military!!!!!!!!!! Would say that if I was 20 years old today.

Last edited:
So I was born Sept 1953 - signed up in the SS in Sept 1971 and went throught the draft lottery (which was changed from a universal draft) in 1972 aqnd I got a good number - like around 352- but it turns out NOBODY got drafted int thelottery - eveen if they drew the worst number. But they didnt know it at the time. You could tell which guys drew the short straws.

I still say therre should be a draftt military!!!!!!!!!! Would say that if I was 20 years old today.

Yeah. You want credit for obeying the law you low-expectation-having motherfucker. You think anyone here is going to be impressed with the fact that you did what you were supposed to do?

You think anything gives two flips about your thoughts on military service and combat?

Go back to watching the history channel and bitching about the fact that we are dealing with an enemy that just doesn't fight by the rules and wear cool Nazi uniforms gosh-darnit!

You're not just a tool. You are the entire tool shed.

your right , canada is full of 20 year old that were to good to serve their country .

I feel bad for canada , good people got our trash .

You are a fucking joke, I don't get why you keep mentioning your draft card, you were too much of a yellowbelly coward to go enlist so your draft card is irrelevant, you might as well just stick it right up your ass. It takes a real coward to ask for a draft when they know they are ineligible for it, god you are a fucking moron, coward and a clown.

Dindt burn my draft card - was ready to serve if called - like bringback the draft that Ali and Elivis etcdealt witrh.

HAD NO QUALMS ABOYT SERVING IN A UNIVERSAL DRAFT OR A DRAFT LOTTERY.

Just dont like -and never haver liked - the volunteer military.

Dindt burn my draft card - was ready to serve if called - like bringback the draft that Ali and Elivis etcdealt witrh.

HAD NO QUALMS ABOYT SERVING IN A UNIVERSAL DRAFT OR A DRAFT LOTTERY.

Just dont like -and never haver liked - the volunteer military.

You were a fucking coward who skipped out on Nam and you now want credit just because you kept your draft card? you are fucking pathetic, everyone who has the balls to serve in this volunteer Military is braver than you will ever be you fucking clown.

Forum List

Back