If WW3 starts, will the draft come back?

I hear that our US military doesn't currently have enough staffing to fight a conventional war. So, if WW3 starts, does that mean we will need to bring back the draft? I have a grandson who is draft age, so this concerns me.
I have 2 grandsons draft age, both college grads, so if it happens, possible they will be REMF

You would have to

1. Organize the Draft
2. Run it
3. Create/expand training facilities
4. Pull trainers from the active armed forces
5. Train them
6. Ramp up production to equip them

It would be at least 3-6 months for 1-3, and over a year for 4-6.
OK.

Our military has fewer “grunt” positions that can be filled with anyone off the street.
We don’t have the menial labor we did when we had a draft
Most MOSs require lengthy training and motivated personnel
Weapons systems are more complex

We don’t need a draft or want one

Last edited:
Our military has fewer “grunt” positions that can be filled with anyone off the street.
Most MOSs require lengthy training and motivated personnel
Weapons systems are more complex

We don’t need a draft or want one
OK.

I hear that our US military doesn't currently have enough staffing to fight a conventional war. So, if WW3 starts, does that mean we will need to bring back the draft? I have a grandson who is draft age, so this concerns me.
Citizens United

There should have been a draft and large standing military since 1776. No college "deferments," no letters from civilian doctors claiming disability, National Guard and Reserves for veterans only. 18-year-olds subject to one draft call, finding out immediately whether they ever have to serve.

Citizens United

There should have been a draft and large standing military since 1776. No college "deferments," no letters from civilian doctors claiming disability, National Guard and Reserves for veterans only. 18-year-olds subject to one draft call, finding out immediately whether they ever have to serve.
Sounds like a good idea. Especially if it applies to the children of wealthy, powerful people and poor, powerless people equally.

If it lasts long enough, yes, Congress will reinstate the draft. There is a plan in place, and personnel that stand ready to do so.

And that is a major problem right then and there.

By the time our government gets around to actually doing anything like instituting a draft the war will have been won by our enemies.

Draft is fine...if you can get this highly unpopular concept through congress. But it won't make it. How long did it take for them to get a Speaker of the House? And they held a majority the whole time.

The Republicans used to get elected upon saying that communist Russia was against us....now they run in fear of Russia and want to make nice while the Russians murder us in our sleep.

So....
No....WW3 will end with America being destroyed...and then rebuilt from the ashes to get some serious payback. Woe to those who cause it to be destroyed. Paybacks are a female dog.

Do you have a granddaughter of draft age? She will be conscripted also, in Joe Biden's America.

And that is a major problem right then and there.

By the time our government gets around to actually doing anything like instituting a draft the war will have been won by our enemies.

Draft is fine...if you can get this highly unpopular concept through congress. But it won't make it. How long did it take for them to get a Speaker of the House? And they held a majority the whole time.

The Republicans used to get elected upon saying that communist Russia was against us....now they run in fear of Russia and want to make nice while the Russians murder us in our sleep.

So....
No....WW3 will end with America being destroyed...and then rebuilt from the ashes to get some serious payback. Woe to those who cause it to be destroyed. Paybacks are a female dog.
Both houses of a divided Congress voted to invade Iraq.
Never say "it can't happen here".
I'm not saying it will, no prophet here, but it can.

So....

First off, there will be no WWIII
There is no military power that can compete with the US and our allies

Second, anyone who tried would lose BIGLY

Forum List

Back