If WW3 starts, will the draft come back?

Thanks for the snotty political BS. You're about what, 10 yrs old? Clearly you know little about the military. When I was in, if I was called, I went. How I felt about the current president was irrelevant. Anyone who can't understand or handle that, yes, please do us all a favor and don't sign up. Maybe you can find a nice Grateful Dead concert to attend instead. Tottttalllly duuuude....

What you and your ilk can't get is that people of Ukraine aren't ready to turn their country into another Afghanistan. It is time to admit that the current strategy doesn't make sense and should be reshaped until it fails completely.
The problem is, that there is no any "people of Ukraine". There are pretty different ethnical and political groups (fighting each other), and there is no political force that represents all of them. Nobody cares about whole Ukraine and Kievan Junta lesser of all. That's the whole plan - burn the country, take money and runaway.

I can't imagine why. We have plenty of military who are there willingly.

Although really, if WW 3 happens, it won't matter. We can all put our heads between our knees and kiss our butts goodbye.
Actually, no. Both Russians and Americans prefer protect their own civilians to killing civilians of the opponent. And it means, that the first strike is almost certainly will be counterforce and then there will be more or less acceptable peace suggestions.
America doesn't want to occupy the whole Russia, as well as Russia doesn't want to occupy the whole America (even in the case of unconditional surrender). Therefore, both sides has pretty limited (but really important) territorial objectives. The USA wants Crimea and Novorussia, Russia wants Alaska, Hawaii and Northern California.
So, if there is a choice "to lose Alaska but save America and wait for the next chance" and "lose whole America" or "to lose Novorussia but save Russia and wait for the next chance" and "to lose the whole Russia", than the choice is pretty simple.
More nukes you saved after their first counter-force strike, more soldiers you have to evaluate consequences of the said attack - better is your negotiation position.

The problem is, that there is no any "people of Ukraine". There are pretty different ethnical and political groups (fighting each other), and there is no political force that represents all of them. Nobody cares about whole Ukraine and Kievan Junta lesser of all. That's the whole plan - burn the country, take money and runaway.
Money? What money, Igor? All money were siphoned off by Ukrainian oligarchs and 'elite' for 30 years into various safe harbors.

Money? What money, Igor? All money were siphoned off by Ukrainian oligarchs and 'elite' for 30 years into various safe harbors.
How many "Ukrainian oligarchs" are "truly Ukrainian" (in the terms of citizenship, ethnicity, culture, language, business interests and so on)? And no, there are no "safe harbours" nowadays.

How many "Ukrainian oligarchs" are "truly Ukrainian" (in the terms of citizenship, ethnicity, culture, language, business interests and so on)? And no, there are no "safe harbours" nowadays.
Doesn’t matter at all as long as they used Ukrainian passports for their benefit.

If WW3 happens this will be our new POTUS
iu

Why do Americans have such revulsion to forcing people to do something they do not want to do?

Just talking to myself here.

Senator Dick Durbin wants to turn Iilegals into American soldiers...

''But, there’s also an incredible demand for legal immigration into this country even now. The presiding officer, my colleague from the state of Illinois has legislation which addresses one aspect of that.

Her bill, and I hope that I describe it accurately, says that if you are an undocumented person in this country and you can pass the physical and required background test and the like, you can serve in our military. And if you do it honorably, we will make you citizens of the United States.''

Chickenhawks Lay Rotten Eggs

Anything to avoid having to draft richboys and their boytoys who run away to college.

Forum List

Back