If WW3 starts, will the draft come back?

First off, there will be no WWIII
There is no military power that can compete with the US and our allies

Second, anyone who tried would lose BIGLY
If we continue to fight wars with the civilian populations opinion dictating combat strategy then we will lose every time. If the US military goes all out then no country on Earth can stand against it, but that won't happen the loons in this country are more concerned about anything else but winning.

If we continue to fight wars with the civilian populations opinion dictating combat strategy then we will lose every time. If the US military goes all out then no country on Earth can stand against it, but that won't happen the loons in this country are more concerned about anything else but winning.
That is the same arrogant bullshit that ended in the ruins of Berlin for the Germans, WW2 was America's finest hour, one war worth fighting, it's been downhill ever since, one brutal Imperialist adventure after another just to make big $$$$$$$$$$ for the industrial military complex, and America has not won any of those conflicts, yet you still continue with the insanity, it's been that way since Vietnam, if you think you could fight a conventional war against Russia in Ukraine you are deluded, for a start i doubt you would be allowed to get the forces into the area.

if you think you could fight a conventional war against Russia in Ukraine you are deluded, for a start i doubt you would be allowed to get the forces into the area.
I agree
If we used our troops to invade Russia, Putin would go nuclear

That is why allowing Ukraine to bleed them dry is the best course of action. The Russian economy can’t sustain a long term occupation

I agree
If we used our troops to invade Russia, Putin would go nuclear

That is why allowing Ukraine to bleed them dry is the best course of action. The Russian economy can’t sustain a long term occupation
What you and your ilk can't get is that people of Ukraine aren't ready to turn their country into another Afghanistan. It is time to admit that the current strategy doesn't make sense and should be reshaped until it fails completely.

One of the best Military Units in the world operates just like that. The Foreign Legion. If you complete five years honorable service you get French Citizenship. This military unit has a long and distinguished history. Today it is considered an elite force which performs many difficult missions.
Yeah, but it is too bad they do not shower. They are so awful smelling it will turn your stomach!

Are you demeaning the loyalty of our armed forces and their willingness to deploy anywhere in the world and fight for our country?
If an immigrant is willing to do that for our country, I welcome them as citizens

They will make better citizens than most conservatives

Service guarantees citizenship!

Would you like to know more?
1701965225871.png

You're Heinlein's fascist wet dream. LOL

View attachment 869370

Service in Heinlein's book wasn't just military. Everyone was guaranteed the right to serve. If someone with an IQ of sixty wanted to serve they would find a janitorial job or something similar for him or her. Service to the nation to achieve the franchise is a good thing, not a bad thing. One of the minor characters was a research scientist who the movie made into a sadist torturing bug prisoners.

View attachment 869370

You might want to sit down and actually read the book instead of responding to that totally inaccurate movie made by a writer/director who not only never read the book but was anti-military to boot.

Heinlein made a lot of accurate predictions about current society; he called it the "crazy years".

Are we talking WWIII? That's a world war. Right?

In the event of a total world conflict, what are the odds of one idiot deciding to go nuclear? When that happens, all bets are off.

The war will be over in about 30 minutes after that.
What makes you think that?

I was in the 82nd Airborne with a guy who had come from Costa Rica. He had a green card and was serving as part of an effort to gain his citizenship.

He was a good soldier. He served in both Panama and Desert Shield/Storm. He got out and took the oath of citizenship. I thought it was superfluous at that point.

I saw on Facebook he was in Puerto Rico now. I guess he got his citizenship.

He was one of thirty people in that platoon. The Platoon Sergeant when I got there was also from Puerto Rico. An excellent Non Com. One of the best I’ve ever seen.

If they are willing to serve. If they are willing to serve honorably. I say give them the citizenship. They earned it and will be far better citizens than the jackasses who talk shit but never volunteer to risk their own skins for the nation they badmouth so frequently. Hell. If I had my way only Veterans would be allowed to vote.
Puerto Ricans are already US citizens!

Yea…..most Privates are like that

But if they are willing to join our military, defend our country
They are welcome as citizens

It has always been like that
No. If they are a naturalized citizen or have a green card they can enlist, but not if they are an illegal. Green card holders are ineligible for many military jobs because they have no security clearance.

They shouldn't. Equality and stuff. But no doubt if they were drafted, 90% would magically become pregnant, and this country would experience an unprecedented baby boom. I would suggest any such woman who becomes pregnant after notification of being drafted do a mandatory 2 year prison sentence, in order to discourage this practice...
So, no sex for any woman who could be drafted? You really think that would fly? :abgg2q.jpg:

No. If they are a naturalized citizen or have a green card they can enlist, but not if they are an illegal. Green card holders are ineligible for many military jobs because they have no security clearance.

What does it take to turn an illegal into a legal?

Paperwork. If an illegal is willing to serve our country, easy enough to file the paperwork to change their status

He was a 12B1P. Combat Engineer Paratrooper.
That means he probably did not need a security clearance. When I served in the Navy, Filipinos could join but had no ability to get a security clearance so ratings like cooks, storekeepers, and a few others were dominated by Filipinos because those ratings did not require clearances. I don't know if that policy has changed regarding them or not. I was in Navy recruiting while active duty and in Army recruiting as a civilian.

I hear that our US military doesn't currently have enough staffing to fight a conventional war. So, if WW3 starts, does that mean we will need to bring back the draft? I have a grandson who is draft age, so this concerns me.
I can't imagine why. We have plenty of military who are there willingly.

Although really, if WW 3 happens, it won't matter. We can all put our heads between our knees and kiss our butts goodbye.

If something major pops off I don't think a draft will be necessary. There are still enough people out there that love this Country that we are willing to sign up willingly.
none of us (clarification "us" is my family who have fought in every war since the 17th century.) will sign up in an army that trump might be cinc of next year. we are not going to fight in yemen, in ukraine, or on the streets of america for a loser like that.

Forum List

Back