Need advice: Nephew comes out gay to mom with emal utube. What a mess.

Science has not discovered the answer to this puzzle yet. But it seems that what they have discovered is pointing to homosexuality NOT being a choice.
LOL, the elusive homo gene ranks right up there with UFO's and Big Foot.

There is always pseudo scientific evidence 'pointing' to their existence.

But in reality, they ain't got squat. :cuckoo: :badgrin:

Good man and a great Uncle! Not sure where the gay coming out came in! There are few things a child can do that a parent should cut him/her off and disown them. A morally objectable crime (like rape, pedophillia, kidnap or murder) would be one. Coming out gay would not be one.

Rick Santorum said it best when asked if he had a son that came out gay. "I would love him the same as I did the second before he came out."

Rick Santorm what if you had a son who came out gay - YouTube
Now I will grant you that my sister spends a little too much time reading here Bible, and not enough time watching the news. She can be inflexible, so I can understand why my nephew used this tasteless utube to come out. Apparently, it has been around for a while, but recently friends, family, and my world became aware of it. The one in blue jeans and a black belt is ours. He is nearly an honor student at a major university.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik7wh7n0xLU

My sister and her wimp of a husband cut the kid off, and threw him out of their family. After I told the kid he was an idiot to bite the hand that feeds, I agreed to fund his college until he can work things out with his mother, if at all. He is in summer school now. I told him he could take his breaks at our house anytime, and the key is under the mat. If he wants to bring a friend, (and we are pretty sure there is one), they would not be allowed to sleep in the same room, (I will not be labeled a 'facilitator' by my own sister). However, my wife and I would not invade his privacy, (wink, wink).

I am really most interested in the opinion of GLBTQ to this situation, but I also welcome the opinions of those who are open-minded to gay people. Please help. Thank you.

Only idiots believe homosexuality is a choice BUT even if it is, its STILL so one's effing business.

The End.

(You rw freaks need to stop meddling in other people's lives and take care of your own.)

Sunday, only day off with my wife, ruined by argument. Check. Smoking and drinking alcohol after quitting years ago. Check. Blood pressure going up due to people who can not solve their own problems. Check. Solving family problems, that are not mine, on my day off. Check. Falling into the role of "head of the family" after my father because my brother has now weaseled out of it. Check. Selecting new blinds, an experience my wife had been looking forward to together, dampened. Check. A small, fun, motorized practical gimmick out of the picture because I can not afford it due to family members will not act like adults. Check. Not enjoying my internet experience at USMB because of other people and their problems. Check.

Beachboy - which ones of these are not in YOUR control?

Sunday, only day off with my wife, ruined by argument. Check. Smoking and drinking alcohol after quitting years ago. Check. Blood pressure going up due to people who can not solve their own problems. Check. Solving family problems, that are not mine, on my day off. Check. Falling into the role of "head of the family" after my father because my brother has now weaseled out of it. Check. Selecting new blinds, an experience my wife had been looking forward to together, dampened. Check. A small, fun, motorized practical gimmick out of the picture because I can not afford it due to family members will not act like adults. Check. Not enjoying my internet experience at USMB because of other people and their problems. Check.
Beachboy - which ones of these are not in YOUR control?

It is called taking responsibility. It is why a family like ours has lasted as a unit for over 300 years in the United States. I never expected to be "head of the family," but circumstances have thrust me into this as no one wants my father to know or become upset about it.

Last edited:
By tomorrow I expect to have some news on my nephew agreeing to take a MMPI psychological test, which is a good sign. My sister received the flowers I sent to get things back on track after the blow up Sunday with my wife, so we are speaking, I call that progress.

My nephew wants me to post this episode of the gay television show, The New Normal. I told him that if I did, I would post something from his mother. This preacher, Damon Thompson's name was on some of the literature I received from her some time ago.

I'll let them have their propaganda to a degree here, (only my nephew is reading this thread, not his mother), but it is going to be equally distributed.

Last edited by a moderator:
How old is your nephew? Sounds like he needs to strike out on his own to me. I left home at the age of 17, went to college on a scholarship/loan program. Never really went back home after that.

Run, nephew, run! You don't have to justify yourself or explain yourself or see a shrink. Cut the cord, surround yourself with people who accept you and love you for who you are.

People "choose" to become rapists, child molesters, homosexuals, murderers, etc.

There is No gene that makes/forces them engage in these aberant lifestyle choices.

Last edited:
Science has not discovered the answer to this puzzle yet. But it seems that what they have discovered is pointing to homosexuality NOT being a choice.
LOL, the elusive homo gene ranks right up there with UFO's and Big Foot.

There is always pseudo scientific evidence 'pointing' to their existence.

But in reality, they ain't got squat. :cuckoo: :badgrin:

Controversial no doubt, but there are enough homosexuals through the human races, amongst apes and other animal species to support a strong theory that some type of gene exists.

I am sorry. I just can't post on this today. I understand the scriptural considerations of homosexuality, and I understand the gay human rights struggle, but I am just tired. I find this topic unsettling, and recently it has felt like an issue thrust on me by everyone.

If this was a matter I had to face in my office at work, I would call both sides in, tell them to 'fix it,' and fire all of them if they did not do so.

It has gotten so bad that I see two men talking on the street and I start wondering if they are having sex. This is ridiculous, but I will be back tomorrow and address all the above posts, hopefully with a fresh perspective. Tonight I watch NCIS; Los Angeles on my DVR.

persuasion_techniques.jpg

Years ago a Bible reading Christian was considered to be an honorable person whom you could trust for an honest viewpoint. Now that the sodomites have gained power a Bible reading person is viewed as "inflexible". Bigotry runs both ways and you can bet your ass (no pun intended) that there is no flexibility in the radical gay community.

... it has felt like an issue thrust on me by everyone.

Nobody can take you anyplace you don't want to go.

You have the power to put this all right back in the laps of the primary players. Be supportive but really, you cant do more than that and, as I said before, it will most certainly backfire on you.

I hope your nephew is doing okay with this. Its really no one's business but his and his lover's.

How old is your nephew? Sounds like he needs to strike out on his own to me. I left home at the age of 17, went to college on a scholarship/loan program. Never really went back home after that.

Run, nephew, run! You don't have to justify yourself or explain yourself or see a shrink. Cut the cord, surround yourself with people who accept you and love you for who you are.

My nephew is 20, and will be a college junior this September, so his life plan has always been based upon college graduation in two years.

I am truly sorry to learn that you never went back home after going to college. Family has always been the primary value which we instill in our children. It has been the responsibility of one generation to pass on the family in tact to the next generation. Just watching last nights newscast I wonder if that is becoming an impossibility in this crazy world of ours.

I think that right about now you are in my nephews head because I know he would like to cut the cord with the family. I believe my wife and I may be the only things keeping this family connected. We love our nephew very much or we would not be going through all of this for him.

electtronic-cigarette-symptoms.jpg

This is about the size of it, even the little things don't make sense.

Last edited:
Years ago a Bible reading Christian was considered to be an honorable person whom you could trust for an honest viewpoint. Now that the sodomites have gained power a Bible reading person is viewed as "inflexible". Bigotry runs both ways and you can bet your ass (no pun intended) that there is no flexibility in the radical gay community.

I wish it was that simple from where I sit. It was my hope that my nephew would take the MMPI psychological test, which he is agreeing to do with one stipulation. I thought that if a person of the cloth in the form of an Episcopaleon minister could talk with my sister they would come to some common ground, and this problem would go away.

My sister refuses to speak with the Episcopaleon minister, and suggests that my nephew speak again with her Pentecost preacher. That is not going to happen, let's say my nephew does not have much respect for the Pentecost preacher based upon heated previous discussions.

Now the deal breaker. My nephew will only take the MMPI psychological test if his mother does. I have not even asked her yet, but I don't think this is going to happen, so it is back to square one. My nephew does not seem concerned about taking the MMPI psychological, but my sister thinks it is some kind of trick.

My attempt to broker some kind of understanding is going down in flames. Looks like come Labor Day, I will be picking up the tab for my nephew's college, and providing him a home. A visit by my nephew is expected soon. Gotta tell you though, my nephew seems willing to work things out with my sister. My sister is acting like she is on a "mission from God."

Like I said yesterday. I wish this was a work decision because I would tell all of them to work this out, or I would fire all of them. Unfortunately, it does not work that way in family. And, I am running out of patience. Now, I understand why everyone in the family thinks my father is a dictator. It is not like there is a lot of choice when trying to keep a family running.

dysfunctional.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like your family has more serious issues than the rather simple one of your nephew being gay.
He wants to strike out on his own, but wants someone else to pay for his college. This isn't striking out on one's own.

If I were this kid's mother, I would tell him to put his dick in his pants (whether the object is male or female) and make the college money well spent. And leave it at that. You have another question to answer. Are you helping or enabling.

My nephew is 20, and will be a college junior this September, so his life plan has always been based upon college graduation in two years.

I am truly sorry to learn that you never went back home after going to college. Family has always been the primary value which we instill in our children. It has been the responsibility of one generation to pass on the family in tact to the next generation. Just watching last nights newscast I wonder if that is becoming an impossibility in this crazy world of ours.

I think that right about now you are in my nephews head because I know he would like to cut the cord with the family. I believe my wife and I may be the only things keeping this family connected. We love our nephew very much or we would not be going through all of this for him.

electtronic-cigarette-symptoms.jpg

This is about the size of it, even the little things don't make sense.

You misunderstand...I do not mean that I never went back home TO VISIT after going away to college. I did go home to visit, still loved my parents. What I meant is that I was out on my own from that point on. I had my own place to live, didn't live with my parents anymore. But visit them...sure!

My Dad did disown me one time because I was "living in sin" with a guy (back in the early 70s). My Mom was furious with him for that. I ended up marrying the guy so I could go home and visit and be accepted by my Dad. BIG MISTAKE.

Nephew, it's YOUR life, live it as you see fit, if they won't accept you, it's their loss. Make sure and be a huge success at whatever you choose to do...they'll come crawling back some day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back