Navy plans to allow same sex marriage on bases.

There must be at least a half dozen career military people on this board. And this is the way we talk to each other? On 9 Jun I will become the Commander of my local American Legion Post. I have nothing but respect for a veterans service. But, I can, and will attack an asshole in a heart beat.
Commander?.....Congratulations!

So, now YOU get the call from the bartender when the liquor supplier fucks up!:lol:

Just kidding!....Seriously, congratulations!:clap2:

There must be at least a half dozen career military people on this board. And this is the way we talk to each other? On 9 Jun I will become the Commander of my local American Legion Post. I have nothing but respect for a veterans service. But, I can, and will attack an asshole in a heart beat.

'Congrats Ollie, we need leadership locally. Been there done that. It's always the same guys.

What's pathetic is I posted in here one night about our local AL post (or VFW) - don't remember which, and some of these asshole liberals labeled our members as a bunch of old, irrelevant drunks.

God, if they only knew.

Precisely why I am in favor or MANDATORY military service - at least 2 years - for all of these assholes.

Congrats Ollie!

You do all Vets proud by your manner and posting style on here (since that is the only way I know you) and you are a good person.

Now, about that Sinner59 Troll, needless to say, anyone that attacks other Vets must be sniffing some Agent Orange.....

Ignore that ignoramus and just keep being you!

:salute:

So, now YOU get the call from the bartender when the liquor supplier fucks up!:lol:

Allow me to add that my post is one of those that does not operate a bar. We have a meeting room that belongs to us in City hall. As many years ago we donated the property to the village to build city hall.

Allow me to add that my post is one of those that does not operate a bar. We have a meeting room that belongs to us in City hall. As many years ago we donated the property to the village to build city hall.

We don't operate a bar either Ollie - and we do open it up for weddings, Boy Scout meetings, etc. It's a community space that's open to all.

Again, thanks for your service. I would be proud visit your post someday.

My stepfathers old post in Burbank Ca. ran a full bar.

My stepfather picked me up from Burbank airport on my very first leave after AIT....He took me straight from the airport to the Burbank Legion.....I was in my Class A's. Most of the members were WW2 and Korean Vets, with a few Vietnam vets.....Man, they got me so drunk (I was 18 years old) I was sick for the first two days of leave.....Needless to say, my girlfriend at the time was not happy.....I was completely useless.......Those bastards!

It's a great organization......They do a lot of good things. Both for the troops and the community.

Congrats again!

We don't operate a bar either Ollie - and we do open it up for weddings, Boy Scout meetings, etc. It's a community space that's open to all.

Again, thanks for your service. I would be proud visit your post someday.

Anytime you're in the AO....

Washington (CNN) -- A preliminary U.S. Navy plan to allow its chaplains to perform same-sex marriages in military chapels after the end of "don't ask, don't tell" has fired up congressional opposition.

All services are moving forward with the transition from the present ban on gays and lesbians serving openly in uniform. Top Pentagon officials are expected to sign off on the new rules and the progress of training in coming weeks.

An April 13 memo from the Navy officer in charge of chaplains says they "may" officiate at same-sex marriages or civil unions, depending on both local laws and their religious organization.

Navy plan to allow same-sex marriage on bases draws opposition - CNN.com

Thoughts?
Under the pre-existing rules, consumating the relationship still constitutes sodomy.

Washington (CNN) -- A preliminary U.S. Navy plan to allow its chaplains to perform same-sex marriages in military chapels after the end of "don't ask, don't tell" has fired up congressional opposition.

All services are moving forward with the transition from the present ban on gays and lesbians serving openly in uniform. Top Pentagon officials are expected to sign off on the new rules and the progress of training in coming weeks.

An April 13 memo from the Navy officer in charge of chaplains says they "may" officiate at same-sex marriages or civil unions, depending on both local laws and their religious organization.

Thoughts?
Under the pre-existing rules, consumating the relationship still constitutes sodomy.

Not anymore, well actually since United States v. Marcum and United States v. Bullock (both from 2004).

>>>>

So now it's simply down to fraternization and conduct unbecoming that 'would adversely affect good order and discipline'.

Was this not in the news, or did I just miss it?

Thoughts?

only one thing comes to mind [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw]YouTube - In the Navy[/ame]

Congrats Ollie!

You do all Vets proud by your manner and posting style on here (since that is the only way I know you) and you are a good person.

Now, about that Sinner59 Troll, needless to say, anyone that attacks other Vets must be sniffing some Agent Orange.....

Asa vet myself, I thank you :clap2:

Congrats Ollie!

Asa vet myself, I thank you :clap2:

fuck you people they attacked me first theses are just responses , but you would know that would you ?
oh you you fuck heads that think you can tell the service who can and cant join is just stupid
deal with what they send you , pussy's

Last edited:
Hey sissy, I did deal with what they sent me, for 22 years, and I sent many of them back home to Momma.

Today I am retired, but that doesn't mean I have to be quiet. I have an experienced opinion about what happens in the US military, if you don't like it that's too bad for you.

You're coming in here and acting like a jerk doesn't do anything other than show off your intelligence level. Please continue.

Hey sissy, I did deal with what they sent me, for 22 years, and I sent many of them back home to Momma.

Today I am retired, but that doesn't mean I have to be quiet. I have an experienced opinion about what happens in the US military, if you don't like it that's too bad for you.

You're coming in here and acting like a jerk doesn't do anything other than show off your intelligence level. Please continue.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I realize disagreeing with you is acting like a jerk but bottom line your wrong , unless the military has changes so much the unlisted can get away with flipping their superiors the finger , you deal with what they give you . as for sending them back home to mama ?
you must have served in the navy . that gose for the crack head too

in fact no other service is on here whining about who the government is sending them . the only problem they seem to have is all the out of shape fat recruits they get .

I see why the navy is so upset on gays , every segment of the military has kicked it as all gay .

like the joke why the navy commissioned the marines .

you people protest to much , like you mite be outed .
but ever since I post no choice you people have acted like children .
one more thing , I was in Vietnam in combat for 2 1/2 years my inter enlistment after training , I saved three lives ,

sissy ?
ok what did you do during the war ?

Last edited:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

my post to the scottish lady is for you as well , tell me about you brave act in combat .
please

Forum List

Back