Name a region of the globe where climate has changed in the last 30 years

Yes, the Andes are one area that the warming is affecting, and in a very serious manner. Here is a study:

https://facweb.northseattle.edu/ccummings/Cultural Anthropology/Glaciers of the Andes are Meltin.PDF
So is there some mandate that glaciers don't melt? Isn't the Grand Canyon the result of melting glaciers? I don't think there are any there today. I ask a question, isn't possible that the glaciers would eventually melt around the world after the ice age?

Yes, the Andes are one area that the warming is affecting, and in a very serious manner. Here is a study:

https://facweb.northseattle.edu/ccummings/Cultural Anthropology/Glaciers of the Andes are Meltin.PDF
I picked the image from the andes survivors whose plane crashed in the snow of the Andes more than 30 years ago, because I was awestruck. Getting down was an ordeal when that happened, several of the passengers died in an avalanche. Today there doesn't seem to be much snow left even to try a crashland.

I picked the image from the andes survivors whose plane crashed in the snow of the Andes more than 30 years ago, because I was awestruck. Getting down was an ordeal when that happened, several of the passengers died in an avalanche. Today there doesn't seem to be much snow left even to try a crashland.
here is a link to what's the weather like web site..the Andes climate info what s the weather like in the Andes Argentina

jc,
I fail to see what you are trying to point out... apart from the fact that the Andes is the longest mountain range in the world.
really? so you bring up the lack of snow in here for the Andes and I provide updates that it isn't necessarily so. And then you ask what I'm trying to point out? Wow, not very bright.

And if that wasn't your intent, then you were trolling my thread and trying to make a distraction.

really? so you bring up the lack of snow in here for the Andes and I provide updates that it isn't necessarily so. And then you ask what I'm trying to point out? Wow, not very bright.

And if that wasn't your intent, then you were trolling my thread and trying to make a distraction.
No , I am not trolling. It is a serious statement.
The andes crash happened at a very specific spot. 34° S 70° W and altitude 1,200 m.

So to put it in words, snow has significantly diminished at that region below the 1,200 m around the 34 parallel.

Now the Andes is a very long range, so while there might be no snow at 34 S you may still find snow at 40 or 50 S or going at even higher altitudes.

jc,
I fail to see what you are trying to point out... apart from the fact that the Andes is the longest mountain range in the world.

No , I am not trolling. It is a serious statement.
The andes crash happened at a very specific spot. 34° S 70° W and altitude 1,200 m.

So to put it in words, snow has significantly diminished at that region below the 1,200 m around the 34 parallel.

Now the Andes is a very long range, so while there might be no snow at 34 S you may still find snow at 40 or 50 S or going at even higher altitudes.
And all I'll say is, perhaps that is normal!

what region has actually experienced a different climate let's say in winter; where it was cold 30 to 100 years ago and today they are playing outside with their bathing suits on? Or in summer, where there is now cold and snow where 30 to 100 years ago it was above 80 degrees 'F'?

You're consuming too much Rightwing media. The theory of climate change doesn't stipulate anything close to your examples. The theory only stipulates a general trend of warming over a long period, with more severity to weather patterns in general, e.g., longer droughts, more explosive storms, etc.

I personally think it's all pointless because human behavior can't be changed. Government can't solve this problem any more than it can re-make the Arab world in our image.

Regardless: maybe you should study some actual scientific claims. I don't mean reading summaries. I'm suggesting you read actual research papers so you are actually responding to actual claims. You embarrass yourself by shadow boxing against strawmen which were strategically created by people who have a strong financial interest in the issue. (My advice holds for cheerleaders on both sides of this pointless debate.)

[also, if you spent more time actually studying stuff (as opposed to being a mouthpiece for a movement) you'd realize that a general trend of warming or warming in the aggregate includes the possibility of variations at the micro level, e.g., you won't find a uniform or constant increase of temperature, but an overall trend whereby global temps as a whole are rising by very small amounts over long periods. But none of this would make sense to anyone unless they grappled with the actual theory, part of which explains why a general trend of warming over a long period, even if the increases are small, can fuck with weather systems. You may disagree, but your opponents won't take you seriously if you don't know anything about how weather systems are formed and the degree to which little changes can impact everything from agricultural systems to coastal living arrangements.)

Last edited:
what region has actually experienced a different climate let's say in winter; where it was cold 30 to 100 years ago and today they are playing outside with their bathing suits on? Or in summer, where there is now cold and snow where 30 to 100 years ago it was above 80 degrees 'F'?

You're consuming too much Rightwing media. The theory of climate change doesn't stipulate anything close to your examples. The theory only stipulates a general trend of warming over a long period, with more severity to weather patterns in general, e.g., longer droughts, more explosive storms, etc.

I personally think it's all pointless because human behavior can't be changed. Government can't solve this problem any more than it can re-make the Arab world in our image.

Regardless: maybe you should study some actual scientific claims. I don't mean reading summaries. I'm suggesting you read actual research papers so you are actually responding to actual claims. You embarrass yourself by shadow boxing against strawmen which were strategically created by people who have a strong financial interest in the issue. (My advice holds for cheerleaders on both sides of this pointless debate.)

[also, if you spent more time actually studying stuff (as opposed to being a mouthpiece for a movement) you'd realize that a general trend of warming or warming in the aggregate includes the possibility of variations at the micro level, e.g., you won't find a uniform or constant increase of temperature, but an overall trend whereby global temps as a whole are rising by very small amounts over long periods. But none of this would make sense to anyone unless they grappled with the actual theory, part of which explains why a general trend of warming over a long period, even if the increases are small, can fuck with weather systems. You may disagree, but your opponents won't take you seriously if you don't know anything about how weather systems are formed and the degree to which little changes can impact everything from agricultural systems to coastal living arrangements.)
so none of that happens today. So the same challenge is in for that. Name the increase in hurricanes, severe weather, weather is weather right? So how is that climate change? I think you are too consumed in left wing religion.

The arctic has seen more climate change than any other area on Earth.

Climate Change in the Arctic National Snow and Ice Data Center

The Arctic region is warmer than it used to be and it continues to get warmer. Over the past 30 years, it has warmed more than any other region on earth. Most scientists agree that Arctic weather and climate are changing because of human-caused climate change.

Arctic warming is causing changes to sea ice, snow cover, and the extent of permafrost in the Arctic. In the first half of 2010, air temperatures in the Arctic were 4° Celsius (7° Fahrenheit) warmer than the 1968 to 1996 reference period, according to NOAA. Satellite data show that over the past 30 years, Arctic sea ice cover has declined by 30 percent in September, the month that marks the end of the summer melt season. Satellite data also show that snow cover over land in the Arctic has decreased, and glaciers in Greenland and northern Canada are retreating. In addition, frozen ground in the Arctic has started to thaw out. Scientists first started to see changes in the Arctic climate in the 1970s and 1980s.

Changes in the Arctic climate are important because the Arctic acts as a refrigerator for the rest of the world. The Arctic region gives off more heat to space than it absorbs from outside, which helps cool the planet. So changes in the Arctic climate could affect the climate in the rest of the world.

so none of that happens today. So the same challenge is in for that. Name the increase in hurricanes, severe weather, weather is weather right? So how is that climate change? I think you are too consumed in left wing religion.

Well played sir. But consider these two facts.

The Melbourne butterfly is now appearing 1.6 days earlier than it did last decade.

But it gets worse.

The lizard population around Lake Tanganyika seems tired and listless.

Well played sir. But consider these two facts.

The Melbourne butterfly is now appearing 1.6 days earlier than it did last decade.

But it gets worse.

The lizard population around Lake Tanganyika seems tired and listless.
isn't there something about evolution that is practiced on this planet? Do you know what species are going to be doing what over the years? I believe the average height of man is going up. is that climate? The mere fact you bring this animal stuff up validates my position. So thanks!!!

The arctic has seen more climate change than any other area on Earth.

Climate Change in the Arctic National Snow and Ice Data Center

The Arctic region is warmer than it used to be and it continues to get warmer. Over the past 30 years, it has warmed more than any other region on earth. Most scientists agree that Arctic weather and climate are changing because of human-caused climate change.

Arctic warming is causing changes to sea ice, snow cover, and the extent of permafrost in the Arctic. In the first half of 2010, air temperatures in the Arctic were 4° Celsius (7° Fahrenheit) warmer than the 1968 to 1996 reference period, according to NOAA. Satellite data show that over the past 30 years, Arctic sea ice cover has declined by 30 percent in September, the month that marks the end of the summer melt season. Satellite data also show that snow cover over land in the Arctic has decreased, and glaciers in Greenland and northern Canada are retreating. In addition, frozen ground in the Arctic has started to thaw out. Scientists first started to see changes in the Arctic climate in the 1970s and 1980s.

Changes in the Arctic climate are important because the Arctic acts as a refrigerator for the rest of the world. The Arctic region gives off more heat to space than it absorbs from outside, which helps cool the planet. So changes in the Arctic climate could affect the climate in the rest of the world.

Do you think seriously that a man has power over the elemental forces?

Science News (from research organizations)
"Stronger winds may explain puzzling growth of sea ice in Antarctica, model shows."
Date: September 18, 2013
Source: University of Washington
Summary: Much attention is paid to melting sea ice in the Arctic. But less clear is the situation on the other side of the planet.
Stronger winds may explain puzzling growth of sea ice in Antarctica model shows -- ScienceDaily

"We now know that these regional changes are caused by changes in the winds, which, in turn, affect the ice cover through changes in both ice drift and air temperature," he continued. "The changes in ice drift also suggest large changes in the ocean surrounding Antarctica, which is very sensitive to the cold and salty water produced by sea ice growth." Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet NASA study examines Antarctic sea ice increases

Trends in Antarctic sea ice motion over the 19-year study period are shown by the arrows, in meters per second per year.
The background colors show the change in northward ice speed, with reds being fastest and blues slowest.
The image highlights the tremendous variability in wind-driven ice drift around the Antarctic continent.

Image cre
dit: Antarctic_ice_drift_small.jpeg
NASA/JPL-Caltech/British Antarctic Survey

Last edited:

Forum List

Back