My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

LOL.... I take it you mean the cheese and stuff is stuck to the pan...do you know what a silpat is? :)

gotta admit, I've never seen or heard that word before...

Its a silicone mat to bake on.... nothing sticks! That could solve your problem with your nachos.

Silpat® Baking Mat - Bed Bath & Beyond

ah crap.. yet another thing to find a place for in the kitchen...?

thanks, Syrrie... but I think I'd rather just hand-wash the flat pans...

on top of everything else, it calms me to do it as I gaze out of the kitchen window...

LOL.... I take it you mean the cheese and stuff is stuck to the pan...do you know what a silpat is? :)

Its a silicone mat to bake on.... nothing sticks! That could solve your problem with your nachos.

OH! I bought a big one of these as a 'cover' for the top of our flat top. I can put hot stuff from the oven right on top of it, or a dish that might otherwise scratch the flat top. Plus, the thing is UBER FANTASTIC for rolling out pie crust. omg, I've wanted one for that for everrrr and never did get around to it. Finally did when we got the new oven.

There is a method to all of this. She was right to ask you two to read the directions. :)

I visited my daughter recently and found her ironing on the wrong side of the ironing board. Being efficient takes a little work at first.

?? on the legs?

There is no wrong side . . . . I just switch which hand the iron is in.

OH! I bought a big one of these as a 'cover' for the top of our flat top. I can put hot stuff from the oven right on top of it, or a dish that might otherwise scratch the flat top. Plus, the thing is UBER FANTASTIC for rolling out pie crust. omg, I've wanted one for that for everrrr and never did get around to it. Finally did when we got the new oven.

I know..i love them too!

I know..i love them too!

My only complaint with them is that lint and pet hair stick to it very easily. I've never baked on them, I still do the old-fashioned way of greasing the sheets. <--- Oh, that sounds like a totally different topic doesn't it? :lol:

I know..i love them too!

My only complaint with them is that lint and pet hair stick to it very easily. I've never baked on them, I still do the old-fashioned way of greasing the sheets. <--- Oh, that sounds like a totally different topic doesn't it? :lol:

LOL... well i put mine in the dishwasher too.....

The only dishwasher I've ever owned are the hands at the end of my arms.
Trajan, you should really freak out your wife one day and wash the dishes the old fashioned way, in the sink. :lol:

:eusa_think:in the immortal words of richard dawson, 'survey says'.....no friggin way.

Three pages on loading dishwashers.
:eusa_whistle:

Only on USMB :eusa_angel:
You have a sharp eye, MeBelle. It's been sillyfun. :D

Trajan for President!

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye&#8230;it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the &#8216;wrong&#8217; way&#8217;, all the time&#8230;...I asked her what the proper way was&#8230;she told me not to sweat it, it&#8217;s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box&#8230;.

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender&#8230;.. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on&#8230;..:eusa_whistle:

It's OK. She also rearranged your "underwear" drawer. She knows about the "Hustler's".

okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

That glass in front looks like one of those dual layer insulated glasses. Those are not dishwasher safe & will build up pressure between the layers & crack. Then you will have dirty soapy water trapped between the layers. - Yuck!

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:
If your marriage is such that you are the breadwinner and your wife is the breadbaker then the kitchen is her domain. You have no authority or competence there and you are being obliquely reminded of that fact.

well, truth be told she out earns me now, so, I just stfu.....:doubt:

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I'm speculating that doing laundry for you is way out of bounds in your house as well. Probably get a lot of "That's OK" when you offer, right?

:lol:correct.

I am exiled to vacuuming...we have a kirby and it weighs a ton, she hates vacuuming so....:doubt:

I'm speculating that doing laundry for you is way out of bounds in your house as well. Probably get a lot of "That's OK" when you offer, right?

:lol:correct.

I am exiled to vacuuming...we have a kirby and it weighs a ton, she hates vacuuming so....:doubt:

See what you started Trajan

I do a better job than my wife of arranging stuff in the dishwasher...

at least once a week, I find that she's run the damn thing with something blocking one of the spray arms... which means the dishes aren't clean and I have to rearrange the stuff and run it a second time...

btw... we have a fairly new Bosch dishwasher... supposed to be mechanically superior to other brands... this may be true (which means we'll probably have it for a long time)... and I gotta say, the thing is incredibly quiet... but those German engineers don't know jack shit about designing the dish racks... loading the damn thing is much more of a pain in the ass than it should be...

before the Bosch, we had a Kenmore, and before that, we had a Whirlpool... it turned out that, mechanically, those other two were short-lived pieces of junk... but the design of their dish racks was much superior to the Bosch...

If you rinse everything before you load, it will both smell better before washing, and wash better. You will also considerably increase the time between repairs. In spite of what the Sales Person and the Manufacturers both tell you, no Dishwasher compares to a garbage disposal. Bosch is not superior to Whirlpool/Kitchenaid either.

I do the same thing.

okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

step 1:

005-19.jpg

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

large items to the left side and front....i dont use the back for large items

007-20.jpg

Pretty good Dear. Your cutting board, in the front does block the spray from reaching the soap dispenser though. It would do better in the rear.

If you rinse everything before you load, it will both smell better before washing, and wash better. You will also considerably increase the time between repairs. In spite of what the Sales Person and the Manufacturers both tell you, no Dishwasher compares to a garbage disposal. Bosch is not superior to Whirlpool/Kitchenaid either.

More sprayers = better dish washer. Mine has a top, middle & bottom one.

Forum List

Back