My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

I don't put wooden handled knives in the dishwasher.

I do put my cheap steak knives in.

I don't know from residue..I notice that my silverware is dirty when I put it in handle first. It's not dirty when I put it in handle up...and I've noticed that in all the dishwashers I've used through the years.

the residue may be imperceptible, but just keep in mind that, since you put the folks and spoons with the eating end down, you end up eating that residue...

+1000

I could have written this post. I used to have a Kenmore, and now I have the Bosch. It's hardly audible, and it's fantastic at cleaning dishes. And the racks suck! Actually, the racks are fine, and you can move the top rack down to a lower level very easily. It's the tines that suck.

I still, for the life of me, can't figure out what all those close-together tines are designed for...

mebbe Germans have different kinds of dishes from us...?

and that adjustable upper rack isn't much use... it only makes the upper rack slightly more useful, while making the lower rack much less useful...

and the lower rack sucks in its own regard... you can't pull it out all the way... and if you load the front heavier than the back, it bumps against the lower edge of the door when you pull the rack out, causing one or two of the rack's wheels to fall off, sending you to scramble across the floor of the kitchen to retrieve 'em and put 'em back on...

btw, my mom also has a Bosch, but she has the high-end model with premium construction and all the bells and whistles... but her's has the same suck-ass racks as my economy model...

The ones on the top rack? They are for flatware.

most of the problematical tines are on the lower rack...

and, btw, flatware goes in the basket (which I largely have no problems with) on the lower rack...

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:

My wife did that a few times so I told her that dishes were her job from now on. No use in having to redo my work. I also only did dishes while she was trying to watch her favorite shows & made maximum noise while doing them. It was not hard to convince here that it was better for her to do dishes.

I still, for the life of me, can't figure out what all those close-together tines are designed for...

mebbe Germans have different kinds of dishes from us...?

and that adjustable upper rack isn't much use... it only makes the upper rack slightly more useful, while making the lower rack much less useful...

and the lower rack sucks in its own regard... you can't pull it out all the way... and if you load the front heavier than the back, it bumps against the lower edge of the door when you pull the rack out, causing one or two of the rack's wheels to fall off, sending you to scramble across the floor of the kitchen to retrieve 'em and put 'em back on...

btw, my mom also has a Bosch, but she has the high-end model with premium construction and all the bells and whistles... but her's has the same suck-ass racks as my economy model...

The ones on the top rack? They are for flatware.

most of the problematical tines are on the lower rack...

and, btw, flatware goes in the basket (which I largely have no problems with) on the lower rack...

Are we talking about the same bosch racking system?

rack.jpg

I don't know from residue..I notice that my silverware is dirty when I put it in handle first. It's not dirty when I put it in handle up...and I've noticed that in all the dishwashers I've used through the years.

If the DW dries out wooden handles I soak the wooden handles in a glass of mineral or cooking oil.

:eek: NO!! It's an old, old ice-tea spoon. Used to have half a dozen and am down to one. No clue what happened to the others. The coffee cup is a taller cup and a regular spoon is too short, it'll drop into the coffee in my semi-conscious morning state. No good! I need to be able to find mah spoon in the dishwasher in the dark. Oh, did I mention I'm not a fan of lights being on pre-coffee? Yeah, don't they just love me around here! :lol:

You must live in my house! :eek:

I load utensils large end down. It prevents something from slipping through the basket & stopping the sprayer from spinning preventing the whole load from being properly cleaned.

The only dishwasher I've ever owned are the hands at the end of my arms.
Trajan, you should really freak out your wife one day and wash the dishes the old fashioned way, in the sink. :lol:

:eusa_think:in the immortal words of richard dawson, 'survey says'.....no friggin way.

Three pages on loading dishwashers.
:eusa_whistle:

Only on USMB :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

I load utensils large end down. It prevents something from slipping through the basket & stopping the sprayer from spinning preventing the whole load from being properly cleaned.

I load certain large utensils sideways for the same reason...

okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

step 1:

005-19.jpg

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

large items to the left side and front....i dont use the back for large items

007-20.jpg

wheres the sliverware holder?:eusa_eh:

fail....:lol:

Bottom pic.... top of the pic. :eusa_whistle:

No wonder you cant load the dishwasher Tragan... ya cant even find the silverware rack. :lol:

LOL.... so why the special coffee spoon? Wont any spoon do as well?

:eek: NO!! It's an old, old ice-tea spoon. Used to have half a dozen and am down to one. No clue what happened to the others. The coffee cup is a taller cup and a regular spoon is too short, it'll drop into the coffee in my semi-conscious morning state. No good! I need to be able to find mah spoon in the dishwasher in the dark. Oh, did I mention I'm not a fan of lights being on pre-coffee? Yeah, don't they just love me around here! :lol:

Any chance of a pic of the spoon and cup you use? Is the spoon sterling?

Yeah the spoon is sterling and yeah I know I shouldn't even put it in the dishwasher. But I do. The cup is just a 16oz cup but tall, rather than short and bigger.

Yeah the spoon is sterling and yeah I know I shouldn't even put it in the dishwasher. But I do. The cup is just a 16oz cup but tall, rather than short and bigger.

LOL...i put sterling in the dishwasher too......:eusa_shhh:

Why don't you hunt ebay for a few more... that way you don't just have one.

Nah they can do this one thing and get it right! :lol:

I still think the most recently lost spoon is going to turn up in a sofa or under someone's bed or something.

I load flatware both up and down so the spoons don't nest.

Does anyone use the drying part of the d/w? I never have. Run it at night and by the next morning it's all dry.

Nah they can do this one thing and get it right! :lol:

I still think the most recently lost spoon is going to turn up in a sofa or under someone's bed or something.

I hope so.... lol.

My wife gave this to my son and I

dishwasher-loading1.jpg

She said if you can learn how to load and fire a gun, you can learn to load a dishwasher.

Forum List

Back