My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

step 1:

005-19.jpg

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

large items to the left side and front....i dont use the back for large items

007-20.jpg
:eek:

You're supposed to face the dirty side of the plates toward the middle and your cookie sheet will block the soap.

Gross, yuk, gag!

step 1:

005-19.jpg

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

007-20.jpg

You're supposed to face the dirty side of the plates toward the middle and your cookie sheet will block the soap.

Gross, yuk, gag!

that's a cutting board on the door side... and it's probably low enough that it won't block the soap dispenser...

but, depending on the dishwasher, you might want to put large flat things like large cutting boards on the side instead of the front...

and, again, the cookie sheet should be hand washed for best results...

Last edited:
My wife gave this to my son and I

dishwasher-loading1.jpg

She said if you can learn how to load and fire a gun, you can learn to load a dishwasher.

properly loading a dishwasher is much more complicated than loading and firing a gun... and you can tell her I said that...

step 1:

005-19.jpg

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

007-20.jpg

Gross, yuk, gag!

that's a cutting board on the door side... and it's probably low enough that it won't block the soap dispenser...

and, yes, the cookie sheet should be hand washed for best results...

LOL... that is a professional grade sheet pan. Its made to go through hell and back.

There is a method to all of this. She was right to ask you two to read the directions. :)

I visited my daughter recently and found her ironing on the wrong side of the ironing board. Being efficient takes a little work at first.

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:
Actually, Mr. Trajan, you're just affirming in her mind that you need a woman's touch

when you put the little forks in with the big spoons.
:FIREdevil:

I lurve a woman's touch !

Gross, yuk, gag!

LOL... that is a professional grade sheet pan. Its made to go through hell and back.

not worried about the pan... but I've had too many bouts of flat steel pans used for oven duty (nachos, etc.) coming out of the dishwasher and needing additional attention (i.e., I end up having to hand-wash 'em anyhow)...

so, fuck it, I ain't puttin' flat steel pans in the dishwasher anymore... gonna hand-wash 'em all...

not worried about the pan... but I've had too many bouts of flat steel pans used for oven duty (nachos, etc.) coming out of the dishwasher and needing additional attention (i.e., I end up having to hand-wash 'em anyhow)...

so, fuck it, I ain't puttin' flat steel pans in the dishwasher anymore... gonna hand-wash 'em all...

LOL.... I take it you mean the cheese and stuff is stuck to the pan...do you know what a silpat is? :)

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:
If your marriage is such that you are the breadwinner and your wife is the breadbaker then the kitchen is her domain. You have no authority or competence there and you are being obliquely reminded of that fact.

Last edited:

LOL.... I take it you mean the cheese and stuff is stuck to the pan...do you know what a silpat is? :)

gotta admit, I've never seen or heard that word before...

lower basket:

007-20.jpg

When your paring knife slips through the utensil basket & stops the spray rotor below from spinning you will have a load of hot dirty dishes.

gotta admit, I've never seen or heard that word before...

Its a silicone mat to bake on.... nothing sticks! That could solve your problem with your nachos.

Silpat® Baking Mat - Bed Bath & Beyond

lower basket:

007-20.jpg

When your paring knife slips through the utensil basket & stops the spray rotor below from spinning you will have a load of hot dirty dishes.

true dat... but I think the discussion has gone beyond that...

Forum List

Back