My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

As a bachelor, it was very common for me to put one plate, one fork, one spoon, and one cup in the dishwasher and let'er rip.

Didn't really matter where I put anything.

If you rinse everything before you load, it will both smell better before washing, and wash better. You will also considerably increase the time between repairs. In spite of what the Sales Person and the Manufacturers both tell you, no Dishwasher compares to a garbage disposal. Bosch is not superior to Whirlpool/Kitchenaid either.

More sprayers = better dish washer. Mine has a top, middle & bottom one.

3 level wash is good. Most have that now. SB's Kitchenaid does.

The only time I rearrange the dishwasher it to make room for just one more thing. None of them seem to have figured out the fine art of 'yes, everything WILL fit'. I do yank out the four dog bowls when someone is dopey enough to put them in, leaving no room for anything else.

The only must requirement of dishwasher loading is this ... my coffee spoon MUST go in the same place every single time. Do NOT make me try and find that damn thing pre-coffee in the wee early hours. Someone actually spoke to me this morning pre-coffee. My answer was 'merrrrrr'. They shut up till the coffee did it's job.

Honestly, I'm just glad when any of them actually put their stuff in the dishwasher because it seems to be a rarity, no matter how many times I say 'put it in the dishwasher'. I often wonder if they are thumbless or something.

LOL.... so why the special coffee spoon? Wont any spoon do as well?

I have a special spoon too. It's a silver plated scalloped edged sugar spoon that was my grandmother's. She and my grandfather bought it when they got married in June of 1912. When she passed in 1960, it found a home on Mom's table. I put the sugar in my first ever cup of coffee with it. When Mom passed in 1973, My aunt ended up with it and I got it from her home when she passed 10 years ago.
The silver is mostly gone and it usually needs polishing, but it holds the perfect amount of sugar for my coffee and it makes me feel good.
It is a mortal sin in my home to stir your coffee with it. It must stay dry.

If you rinse everything before you load, it will both smell better before washing, and wash better. You will also considerably increase the time between repairs. In spite of what the Sales Person and the Manufacturers both tell you, no Dishwasher compares to a garbage disposal. Bosch is not superior to Whirlpool/Kitchenaid either.

I love my kitchenaid dishwasher!

The only time I rearrange the dishwasher it to make room for just one more thing. None of them seem to have figured out the fine art of 'yes, everything WILL fit'. I do yank out the four dog bowls when someone is dopey enough to put them in, leaving no room for anything else.

The only must requirement of dishwasher loading is this ... my coffee spoon MUST go in the same place every single time. Do NOT make me try and find that damn thing pre-coffee in the wee early hours. Someone actually spoke to me this morning pre-coffee. My answer was 'merrrrrr'. They shut up till the coffee did it's job.

Honestly, I'm just glad when any of them actually put their stuff in the dishwasher because it seems to be a rarity, no matter how many times I say 'put it in the dishwasher'. I often wonder if they are thumbless or something.

I have a special spoon too. It's a silver plated scalloped edged sugar spoon that was my grandmother's. She and my grandfather bought it when they got married in June of 1912. When she passed in 1960, it found a home on Mom's table. I put the sugar in my first ever cup of coffee with it. When Mom passed in 1973, My aunt ended up with it and I got it from her home when she passed 10 years ago.
The silver is mostly gone and it usually needs polishing, but it holds the perfect amount of sugar for my coffee and it makes me feel good.

I love stuff like that!!!

Good for you keeping the memories.

okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

step 1:

005-19.jpg

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

large items to the left side and front....i dont use the back for large items

007-20.jpg

Pretty good Dear. Your cutting board, in the front does block the spray from reaching the soap dispenser though. It would do better in the rear.

it's on the side not the front

I noticed that SB's also has stainless steel walls. My brother has one like that & it is loud. The plastic walls seem to be much quieter.

Yeah the spoon is sterling and yeah I know I shouldn't even put it in the dishwasher. But I do. The cup is just a 16oz cup but tall, rather than short and bigger.

LOL...i put sterling in the dishwasher too......:eusa_shhh:

Why don't you hunt ebay for a few more... that way you don't just have one.

Nah they can do this one thing and get it right! :lol:

I still think the most recently lost spoon is going to turn up in a sofa or under someone's bed or something.

Peanut butter jar?

I noticed that SB's also has stainless steel walls. My brother has one like that & it is loud. The plastic walls seem to be much quieter.

The Whirlpool models are plastic, the Kitchenaid are Stainless steel. I also prefer the plastic. ;) Better value, neither are going to leak, from the tank, anyway. It's the electronics that generally kill them.

The Whirlpool models are plastic, the Kitchenaid are Stainless steel. I also prefer the plastic. ;) Better value, neither are going to leak, from the tank, anyway. It's the electronics that generally kill them.

I like the look of SS...It just seems cleaner to me. I know i know.... girl thing. :lol:

I like the look of SS...It just seems cleaner to me. I know i know.... girl thing. :lol:

It is nice. Sometimes the Plastic models are easier to get into tight instalations. Big difference in price too.They came up with plastic tubs as a replacement for the old porcelain tubs, only to learn that they did not rust or get holes like the porcelain models. It was a win-win. Short of Sabbath concerns, where the plastic aren't Kosher Certified, there isn't much wash-ability difference between plastic and Stainless Steel. The Whirlpool and Kitchenaid are very similar in design, with many interchangeable parts.

As a bachelor, it was very common for me to put one plate, one fork, one spoon, and one cup in the dishwasher and let'er rip.

Didn't really matter where I put anything.

The times I've lived by myself, I never used the dishwasher... never seemed to make sense to use it for the few things I dirtied... hand-washed everything...

it's a mortal sin in my house to put sugar in your coffee... ;-)

I love my kitchenaid dishwasher!

The house I'm in had a Kitchenaid dishwasher when we first moved in nearly 17 years ago...

it was old at the time, but it lasted another 5-6 years or so...

didn't have the interior room that modern dishwashers have...

but it was easy to load and did a good job of washing the dishes...

and it was a fairly simple machine that I was able to fix it myself whenever it needed fixing... eventually had to get a new dishwasher when replacement parts got prohibitively expensive and hard to find...

On a related note, I'd like to strangle the persons responsible for replacing mechanical controls in household appliances with electronic circuit boards and key pads... :mad:

okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

step 1:

005-19.jpg

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

large items to the left side and front....i dont use the back for large items

007-20.jpg

Pretty good Dear. Your cutting board, in the front does block the spray from reaching the soap dispenser though. It would do better in the rear.

it's on the side not the front

look again...

mebbe you're mistaking the metal baking sheet for the cutting board... ;-)

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:

Let her load the stoopid thing then....lol
And tell her I said so.

Forum List

Back