My Twins, the Patriots!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by UsaPride, Jun 9, 2004.

1. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Today I went back to the Airborne and Special Ops Museum here in town. They've got things from the World Trade Center from 9/11 that are circulating through. They also have a part set up with pictures, quotes and items from "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and "Operation Enduring Freedom" (I didn't know this was the name of the fight in Afghan). While we were walking through my 3 year old son kept saying "Look mommy, a soldier". I explained to him how we should thank soldiers because they are keeping us safe. Before we left that part of the museum we came accross probably 10-15 soldiers in their BDU's. We overheard them talking about just getting back from Iraq. A couple of them were looking at the pics and bursted out into the song "memories", lol. One soldier told another, "I miss it", and the other agreed. Anyway, as we were walking past them my son told one of the GI's "Thank you, soldier", I started tearing up. He smiled, along with all the other GI's he was with and told my son, "you're welcome", it was just so sweet!! After I also thanked the soldiers, I had to walk away because I couldn't stop crying, I'm a goob! LOL!!
    Just to add on, as we were leaving, my 3 year old daughter (they're twins) was screaming, "Mommy, I want a soldier", LOL! My mom and I looked at each other and laughed. Apparently it's genetic, LMBO!!

**Mods, if this is in the wrong place, I'm terribly sorry!!**

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Too good. Thank you for raising appreciative :p: children.

3. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    What an excellent story!!!! You have alot to be proud of.

If she finds one, I'll be happy to keep it until she's old enough to have one. :D

4. Jmarie

Jmarie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Me too..Hey Lil..if you found one and he has a hot single friend send him my way will ya? and for you Hannitized that was so cool of you to tell your children about thanking a soldier..There should be more people out there doing that..:clap: :clap: That just makes me want to cry too..i feel the tears coming now..

5. crazy canadian

crazy canadian Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That is a very touching story. My kids feel the same way. Isn't it hard explaining what soldiers do for us, while not explaining what they have to go through?

Keep smiling.

6. proud_savagette

proud_savagette Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i agree. What is heart breaking for me is that my cousin, who we get to hear from every once in awhile, has said that they have gotten alot of rudeness and anger from many americans because of the whole jail thing. He's a SEAL, he was nowhere near that place! Yet, he said that they've had alot of anti-war sentiments directed at them. I think that is just wrong.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Savagette, please tell you cousin, "Thank you" from me. Your aunt and uncle too. The prisoner thing is way out of hand, it's an election year. ~sigh~

8. proud_savagette

proud_savagette Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I will, thank you. They will all appreciate it.:D

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Just though I'd throw this out. I've been involved with Adoptaplatoon with my classes at school. It's a great program and the kids like it. Perhaps some of you would like to check it out, especially those with a bit of $.

http://www.adoptaplatoon.org/

10. Jmarie

Jmarie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm in college and when i was president of my club here, i tried at christmas time to get a donation box for the troops or adopt some troops but the club didn't want to do it..i'm like what? they are fighting for your freedom and you don't want to do it..i so blow up on them..well let me tell you that the club did not re-elect me the next term..but i think it was bullshit that they didn't want to do it..so i found some guys on my own and sent them christmas presents..and that website is great..i have looked at it before and if i was a teacher or someone who had a large group to help me out i would so do it. i'm a big supporter of troops..and they do need our support and Thank-you's.:usa: :usa: