my son just told me: "i learn more from a 3-minute punk song than i ever learn in school"

He might learn more about anarchy, which was the original intent of punk rock.

Give him a good spanking and send him to bed without his supper, unless you want him to grow up like some of the anarchists on here.

Really you & he only have 2 choices...….either stay in public school or you home school. Make sure he understands he has to complete basic education k-12 whether he likes it or not......it's the law.

Also let him know that without a diploma or GED, it will affect his future.....college, university or trade schools won't take him without it and neither will the military. Job options are very limited as well. If he sticks it out and gets that little paper that says he completed with passing grades, it will take him further in life, later down the road.

Children say things to freak out their parents. It's their way of testing their independence. Just ask him which songs and to tell you precisely what he learned from them.

A 1,000 word essay on the educational value of Punk Rock music might be appropriate.

When I was in high school, there were several songs that I thought contained the Wisdom of the Ages.

I can imagine making a similar remark to my dad at that time. Kids have minimal knowledge about the real world. There is nothing to be co cerned about.

Children say things to freak out their parents. It's their way of testing their independence. Just ask him which songs and to tell you precisely what he learned from them.

A 1,000 word essay on the educational value of Punk Rock music might be appropriate.
The sad thing is me may struggle all the way to university and then have his thinking totally warped by deconstructionism, or worse still, sitting for an M BA degree.

Forum List

Back