My Solution to Address North Korea Provocations

Remember it is suicide to send a nuke to Alaska. Do you really think he or anyone is that crazy? I have not seen any indication of that.
He has starved to death millions of his own people for power.

That does not indicate something to you?

It's a real disappointment that China ultimately had this little influence.

What exactly has trump offered to China in exchange for their assistance in solving our problem? Such as a substantial drawdown of our military presence in South Korea. .

Such a drawdown is unlikely in the extreme.

China needs to consider (and I'm sure they are) that any war on the peninsula will quite naturally spill over into their territory.

IMO, the time for diplomacy is over. The little pinhead wants to nuke us. I want us to eliminate him first, one way or the other
The fat kid (probably) knows that South Korea & Japan are his best leverage, and he'd be right. I'd be VERY curious to know what back-channel conversations are going on between us and China on this right now. Assuming that we've thought to do that. I'd also wonder if there's some way South Korea & Japan could get involved.

Come to think of it, that could be an interest ploy: Having a very un-secret special security meeting between us, South Korea and Japan.
And give Japan some of our older medium range nuclear missiles.

North Korea has developed nuclear capabilities as a deterrent, as has every other country with nukes. What our allies in the area, South Korea and Japan, want is for US to stop provoking THEM further with increased saber rattling on our side of the border.

Lol, the Blame America First crowd didnt take that long to show up even in this topic.

Nutball Kim would use nukes the first time he had the chance, dont be stupid.

This fuels NK's determination to protect itself. NK is not so unreasonable as to carry out a nuclear strike, since it would be suicide.

The development of nukes and ICBMs by Norka is not a reaction to our demands that they stop building them, as any THINKING person would realize.

This is like the libtard argument that the Muslim terrorists would stop attacking us if we would give them everything they demand with warm fuzzy hugs to go with them. Ludicrous idiocy.

US, Russia, China, Great Britain, France, Israel, India and Pakistan all have nuclear weapons. Are we having the vapors over any of them?

No, because they are not led by a man and political establishment that thinks their head of state is literally a GOD, dudette.

Calm your knee jerk anti-America instinct and read up on the topic, hows about that?
So you believe Kim is seriously suicidal? okay. You get to believe that.

I am basing my "opinion" on every informed opinion I have heard on this matter from experts who know a hell of a lot more about it than you or I. I believe South Korea has a reason for asking us to stop saber rattling and it is not because they are against their own protection!

Please don't accuse me of being anti-American, particularly not so early in the morning. I'd like to see us avoid a huge massive war and bloodshed and destruction--explain to me how that is somehow a patriotic wish. You and your buddies can dream on about military strikes based on imaginary actions that the man has not taken. I'll try to help people understand a more sensible approach that should be tried FIRST. If Kim hits anyone, all bets are off. So far this is entirely pre-emptive and so far as I know, the man is NOT suicidal and has never threatened force without making it clear it is to protect his country/a defensive posture, same as when Russia and Great Britain and France and Israel, et al got their nuclear weapons.
Yes he's got a singular purpose--the survival of his totalitarian regime. He is like one of the Emperors of old--complete power over life and death--ruthless and unrelenting. However, he has never attempted taking that outside his own boundaries. If he had enough wealth and prestige to keep him happy at home, it might work.

Now you see why North Korea and Iran want nukes? Have one and no one fucks with you.

So you agree in Obama letting them gain that leverage?

-Geaux
Sure. Have it. If Russia and China aren't scared why are we?

The young people need to know who took us to war. Democrats are the anti war party

Yes. That's why we're still in the Middle East.
We're there because bush got hit on 9-11 and instead of winning that war spread us thin in Iraq.

Do I trust Republicans? Fuck no.

For anti government types you guys sure do trust this government. Shady as it is

I don't trust anyone.

All I know is Obama pulled all troops from Iraq, we had to go back, and fear of collateral damage keeps us from finishing in all theaters.
So then clearly the American people and Republicans fear the same thing Obama and Democrats feared. If not, show us what you got. Send more troops back in. Do it! Finish the job tough talkers.

We can't sit on our hands like Obama did for (8) years. Under his watch he allowed Iran and NK to continue their development of nuclear weapons thus putting America in harms way.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

But first, we must take steps to mitigate loss of life in South Korea.

If NK launches, or conduct other ballistic/nuclear test, our order of progression should be;

1- We officially notify North Korea of our intent to destroy their assets relative to nuclear and ballistic development. Our response will be carried out if they conduct (1) more missile launch or test of any kind

2- We start the immediate evacuation (voluntary) of the South Korea. Yes, this will be a logistic nightmare beyond all compare. Hopefully, other Nations (certainly) our allies will assist in this massive operation.

3- Move our military troops off the Korean peninsula to an area where our rapid response, via airborne paratroopers, can be delivered. Ground invasion to follow

4- Move multiple Naval battle groups to the area for a massive conventional strike

We have to do something. The result of inaction WILL cost more lives than a pre-emptive strike.

We are at the crossroads and history will be our judge

-Geaux

Another armchair general?

Number 2 is a fucking pipe dream! Get a grip!

Number 3 is another dream! Where are you going to move them too? Where are you going to get these airborne troops since they are already in Afghanistan or just returned? Ever see a paratrooper take out a tank with an MRE spork? Ground invasion by who? The Marines are busy!

Number 4, where are you going to get these battle groups? Most of our Navy's ships are already there, just left or getting ready to go. The others are in shipyards and getting maintenance. Our Navy is smaller than before WWII!
I agree with your opinions except for point 4.
True the US Navy is 'smaller' than prior to WW11 however the ships a vastly more powerful visa vi carrying nuclear bombs and other weaponry.

North Korea has developed nuclear capabilities as a deterrent, as has every other country with nukes. What our allies in the area, South Korea and Japan, want is for US to stop provoking THEM further with increased saber rattling on our side of the border.

Lol, the Blame America First crowd didnt take that long to show up even in this topic.

This fuels NK's determination to protect itself. NK is not so unreasonable as to carry out a nuclear strike, since it would be suicide.

The development of nukes and ICBMs by Norka is not a reaction to our demands that they stop building them, as any THINKING person would realize.

This is like the libtard argument that the Muslim terrorists would stop attacking us if we would give them everything they demand with warm fuzzy hugs to go with them. Ludicrous idiocy.

US, Russia, China, Great Britain, France, Israel, India and Pakistan all have nuclear weapons. Are we having the vapors over any of them?

No, because they are not led by a man and political establishment that thinks their head of state is literally a GOD, dudette.

Calm your knee jerk anti-America instinct and read up on the topic, hows about that?

I am basing my "opinion" on every informed opinion I have heard on this matter from experts who know a hell of a lot more about it than you or I. I believe South Korea has a reason for asking us to stop saber rattling and it is not because they are against their own protection!

Please don't accuse me of being anti-American, particularly not so early in the morning. I'd like to see us avoid a huge massive war and bloodshed and destruction--explain to me how that is somehow a patriotic wish. You and your buddies can dream on about military strikes based on imaginary actions that the man has not taken. I'll try to help people understand a more sensible approach that should be tried FIRST. If Kim hits anyone, all bets are off. So far this is entirely pre-emptive and so far as I know, the man is NOT suicidal and has never threatened force without making it clear it is to protect his country/a defensive posture, same as when Russia and Great Britain and France and Israel, et al got their nuclear weapons.
Yes he's got a singular purpose--the survival of his totalitarian regime. He is like one of the Emperors of old--complete power over life and death--ruthless and unrelenting. However, he has never attempted taking that outside his own boundaries. If he had enough wealth and prestige to keep him happy at home, it might work.

This is the geopolitical equivalent of Kim loading a shotgun and saying he is going to blow your head off.

And you are sitting there wondering what we did to cause this to happen, lol.

Attacking North Korea at this advanced stage of their nuclear weapon's development would be counterproductive.

As far as I can tell all N. Korea wants is to exist and not be obliterated. We could strike a bargain, they don't sell and we don't attack and life goes on.

Kim Jong Un puts great store in the security N. Korea enjoys as long as it has nukes.
He uses as a reference what happened to Libya and Iraq after relinquishing their nuke programs.

I think, as a related matter, that Iran should not be allowed to attain a nuke capability, their objectives are much different than N. Korea's.
If you believe anyone should trust the pervert not to renege on any agreement not to sell nuclear technology to terrorists you are delusional.
They have broken EVERY "bargain" they have ever made.
Gaddafi only "relinquished" his nuclear bomb making program after Reagan dropped a bomb in the middle of Gaddafi's courtyard WHILE Gaddafi's daughters where attending school in the US.
Bush senior sent a message to Saddam telling him he had a week to begin dismantling his nuclear bomb making facilities. If Saddam did not comply Bush told him he would drop a MOAB on Saddam's head.
Saddam knew Bush meant what he said.
The pervert doesn't believe President Trump means business. The pervert is in for a 'huuuge' surprise.

This is the geopolitical equivalent of Kim loading a shotgun and saying he is going to blow your head off.

And you are sitting there wondering what we did to cause this to happen, lol.
No, I'm not saying it is our fault. Not at all. What caused Kim to feel he had to be impregnable? The Emperor thing. Nothing to do with us. But our military response on his borders is fueling his paranoia. I made that clear. You can misinterpret it all you need to.

I am definitely am not willing to take a nuke on the chin within the United States

-Geaux

So why does North Korea want to nuke the US? Why not Mexico? Why not Australia? Why the US?

Maybe this is a lesson for America to learn, if you don't go around annoying people, then they won't want to nuke you.

Anyway, North Korea almost certainly wants nukes to stop the US having the capabilities to invade North Korea.

Move to NK commie lover. Kim would welcome you

-Geaux
Which countries will go to war with Trump?

Get your popcorn and wait. Your POTUS has this handled

-Geaux
I don't know how you can be so cocky after Iraq. And back then the rest of the world had our backs. Now it's us alone vs Russia, mexico, Cuba, china, North Korea and middle East.

How will they divide the USA after they defeat us? Will they drag Trump out of a fox hole like Saddam? Track down Trump's two boys like Saddam boys?

I can imagine ISIS sleeper cells, a million asian illegals, mexicans could be living among us we wouldn't know until d day
It's bad enough that the countries you claim will be going to war against the US for cleaning up the mess everyone has left in NK. But PLEASE PLEASE don't claim the Mexico will join in the war against us!
The thought of a bunch of 'beaners' attacking the US with taco shells is TOO much for me to think of!
Oh the humanity when the beaners attack!
You're a fucking dummy!

-Geaux

-Geaux
I don't know how you can be so cocky after Iraq. And back then the rest of the world had our backs. Now it's us alone vs Russia, mexico, Cuba, china, North Korea and middle East.

How will they divide the USA after they defeat us? Will they drag Trump out of a fox hole like Saddam? Track down Trump's two boys like Saddam boys?

I can imagine ISIS sleeper cells, a million asian illegals, mexicans could be living among us we wouldn't know until d day

The US Government has not fought a war with the intention of winning since 1945.

However, we will never be beaten. We would destroy the entire planet before we would surrender, and we have the means to do it many times over. This is standard policy.

If they invade us what are we going to do? Drop a bomb on ourselves?

From out of the sky, Soviet, Nicaraguan, and Cuban troops begin landing on the football field of a Colorado high school. In seconds, the paratroopers have attacked the school and sent a group of teenagers fleeing into the mountains. Armed only with hunting rifles, pistols, and bows and arrows, the teens struggle to survive the bitter winter and the Soviet KGB patrols hunting for them. Eventually, trouble arises when they kill a group of Soviet soldiers on patrol in the highlands. Soon they will wage their own guerrilla warfare against the invading Soviet troops-under the banner of 'Wolverines!'

This could be us in 2 years. Are you prepared? Stupid fucking conservatives are going to lead us to armageddon.
You're watching too many 'B' grade movies.
"Cuban troops parachuting onto football fields in the US???????????????
I know you're a fucking fool but there's no point broadcasting the fact!

If they invade us what are we going to do? Drop a bomb on ourselves?

From out of the sky, Soviet, Nicaraguan, and Cuban troops begin landing on the football field of a Colorado high school. In seconds, the paratroopers have attacked the school and sent a group of teenagers fleeing into the mountains. Armed only with hunting rifles, pistols, and bows and arrows, the teens struggle to survive the bitter winter and the Soviet KGB patrols hunting for them. Eventually, trouble arises when they kill a group of Soviet soldiers on patrol in the highlands. Soon they will wage their own guerrilla warfare against the invading Soviet troops-under the banner of 'Wolverines!'

This could be us in 2 years. Are you prepared? Stupid fucking conservatives are going to lead us to armageddon.

How silly. I saw that movie. It was sort of entertaining, though not realistic in any sense.

"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

There is a dispute as to whether the quote is legitimate, but the gist of it is certainly true.

I think you are overestimating our toughness and I'm sure at one time Romans or Brits or Ottomans said the same thing about their empires.

They may have. The difference is we have the power to destroy the planet in about 20 minutes.

So what? So does Russia and China.

Yes they do. It is equally unlikely they would be invaded.
Sealyboohoo doesn't agree with you. He believes the 'real threat' comes from the Mexicans and the Cubans invading the US by parachuting onto football fields in Colorado and then taking over the country.
Read his posts.

So why does North Korea want to nuke the US? Why not Mexico? Why not Australia? Why the US?

Maybe this is a lesson for America to learn, if you don't go around annoying people, then they won't want to nuke you.

Anyway, North Korea almost certainly wants nukes to stop the US having the capabilities to invade North Korea.

-Geaux

-Geaux

It's bad enough that the countries you claim will be going to war against the US for cleaning up the mess everyone has left in NK. But PLEASE PLEASE don't claim the Mexico will join in the war against us!
The thought of a bunch of 'beaners' attacking the US with taco shells is TOO much for me to think of!
Oh the humanity when the beaners attack!
You're a fucking dummy!

They don't have to overtly fight us. They can just keep letting terrorists in stupid. Bottom line is you guys fucked up by electing Trump. You don't know what you've done!!! The Axis of Evil is playing us for fools. Obama did the right thing. You guys are going to fuck us biggly.

Korean Peninsula: The last active volcano of the Cold War, the never-officially-ended conflict between North and South Korea has been largely ignored for decades. Now the possibility of someone over there launching a nuclear war is real, or soon will be. This one didn’t start with Trump, but he has little or no leverage. China and Russia, the only two countries that might be able to control Kim Jong Un, are willing to give the North Korean leader a long leash to harass and distract America. They want a double “stand down” that would freeze Kim’s nuclear weapons development while beginning to unwind the U.S. military presence on the peninsula. Trump is simultaneously asking China for help on North Korea and threatening it with new trade sanctions on steel. Good luck.

South China Sea: Xi is delivering pandas to Merkel in Berlin and promising to be a force for global stability and free trade in the face of Trump isolationism. At the same time, with obdurate efficiency, the Chinese are militarizing the South China Sea in hopes of turning it into their own private lake. President Barack Obama sought to unite the Pacific Rim nations against China on this issue; that’s what the Trans-Pacific Partnership was about. Trump withdrew from that trade deal in one of his first moves.

Vladimir Putin: No one in modern history has been better at playing a losing hand. Russia isn’t an inspiration or model to any other nation these days, and its hopelessly corrupt and lawless economy is at the mercy of the price of oil and other commodities. But Putin is popular at home because he has pranked, punked and undermined the U.S. and other Western democracies ― the “winners” of the Cold War ― whenever he can, including, according to U.S. intelligence agencies, in the 2016 campaign.

Putin has already wrested from Trump most of what he wanted: the equal standing that Obama and Hillary Clinton refused to bestow. He doesn’t want much else except to be left alone while his hackers do their dirty cyber work. That means Trump can’t arm-twist Russia on Korea, Syria or Ukraine. If he tries, Putin can always tell CNN what really happened with those fake news stories and sites during the final weeks of the race in Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Europe: In the G-20 host country of Germany, confidence that Trump will do “the right thing” in world affairs is currently at 11 percent. Much of the rest of Europe feels the same, and it was no surprise that Hamburg erupted in mass protests the moment Trump got to town. It’s a long way from Kennedy’s “Ich bin ein Berliner” moment.

Despite a Trump address in Warsaw designed to reassure other NATO countries of America’s commitment to their common defense, the allies were not reassured ― because no one knows who was really speaking in that speech. “That was scripted and he read it from a teleprompter,” an ambassador from one NATO country told me. “We can’t assume that that is what the president believes.”

Trade: Having pulled out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership and threatened the European Union, Trump created space for China’s bid to become the next central player in global commerce. Japan just announced a massive new trade deal with the European Union as if to say to the United States, “We don’t need you.”

How silly. I saw that movie. It was sort of entertaining, though not realistic in any sense.

"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

There is a dispute as to whether the quote is legitimate, but the gist of it is certainly true.

I think you are overestimating our toughness and I'm sure at one time Romans or Brits or Ottomans said the same thing about their empires.

They may have. The difference is we have the power to destroy the planet in about 20 minutes.

So what? So does Russia and China.

Yes they do. It is equally unlikely they would be invaded.
Sealyboohoo doesn't agree with you. He believes the 'real threat' comes from the Mexicans and the Cubans invading the US by parachuting onto football fields in Colorado and then taking over the country.
Read his posts.
You guys are playing checkers while Russia and China play chess. Trump is embarrassing America.

That's where you're wrong. What exactly has trump offered to China in exchange for their assistance in solving our problem? Such as a substantial drawdown of our military presence in South Korea. .
I don't know. He's been on the job for six months. What did Obama offer?

Trump is already months behind on defeating Isis so I'm convinced he'll screw this up as well

That's where you're wrong. What exactly has trump offered to China in exchange for their assistance in solving our problem? Such as a substantial drawdown of our military presence in South Korea. .
I don't know. He's been on the job for six months. What did Obama offer?

Trump is already months behind on defeating Isis so I'm convinced he'll screw this up as well

Develop a plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days

“We are going to convene my top generals and give them a simple instruction. They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice.”

Trump said he would "bomb the hell" out of them. He claimed to have a plan to defeat them, but he refused to describe it, saying he didn't want to tip off extremists.

What happened to America first? Let China and Japan deal with N.Korea. We fought N.Korea before and was a failure. Why repeat history?

You hypocrites scream America first when it comes to Muslim refugees but love making war and destruction. Typical republican way.

And what right do we have to tell another country what weapon they can have? Who are we? We are still the only country on Earth to actually have nuked another country. No other country has commited such a heinous act.

The fact you called it a heinous act displays your agenda of ignorance. You must be honed to the fine edge of a beach ball!

Dropping nukes is heinous. There were plenty of ways US could have retaliated against the Japanese, and the most inhumane one was chosen.

You know, that has been debated back and forth for almost 72 years. You want to see inhumane? Look at the firebombings of Japan that killed far more people than the nukes. How many people would have died during an invasion? A hundred thousand? A million? Two million?

The nukes were the fastest and most efficient way to end the war. The reason we keep rehashing the topic is people like you who do not understand anything above kindergarten level.

End of discussion.

The most reasonable answer rests with China forcing North Korea to comply.

On the other hand, China does not want the West on the Yalu River with an anti-China unified Korea.

But that is not an accurate assessment as the DEMOCRATIC government of South Korea, which is already 50-50 between pro-western elements and anti-western, would absorb the Norka population and become solid lefty. That would not bother the Chicoms in the least and Korea would most likely become a neutral state.

If we offered to cooperate with the Chicoms re-absorbing Taiwan under guidelines similar to what Hong Kong has, everybody might end up happy.

Did you ask the people of Taiwan how they felt about it?

No, I'm not saying it is our fault. Not at all. What caused Kim to feel he had to be impregnable? The Emperor thing. Nothing to do with us. But our military response on his borders is fueling his paranoia. I made that clear. You can misinterpret it all you need to.
Yes, our military preparedness feeds that idiots paranoia, but then again, history shows us plenty of examples of such paranoid loons over reacting to common sense preparedness by their neighbors.

And the great mistake is always to try to appease that paranoia by demilitarizing to some degree, which NEVER works.

This type of person only can respect other peoples STRENGTH and thus be dissuaded; weakness only encourages him to feed off his paranoia to justify aggression.

Remember it was the Norkas who attacked S Korea, not the other way around.

Forum List

Back