My Solution to Address North Korea Provocations

Which countries will go to war with Trump?

China doesn't want war, yet. It's not ready, but it would fight if it had to, and North Korea is right on its border, it's a long way from the US.
Yep.
There is a little matter that most people are unaware or choose to forget. There is mutual defense treaty that is still in effect between China and North Korea. Article 2 of the treaty declares the two nations guarantee to adopt immediately all necessary measures to oppose any country or coalition of countries that might attack either nation. US options are very limited. In the end, the US and South Korea will have to recognize North Korea officially. Or as our great clown in the white house says, we will play nice with them.

I hate to say it, but there is no other good alternative. Even a surgical strike against NK, would almost certainly be met with a military response that would force us to into a full blown war.

Sino-North Korean Mutual Aid and Cooperation Friendship Treaty - Wikipedia

So Obama and Clinton did the right thing and that was nothing? I thought so. And let Kim Jung have a nuke. He won't dare use it on us. Neither would Iran. So who are we to tell them they can't have nukes?

I think trying to prevent them from having nukes is one day to start ww3. But what if we just gave North Korea a nuke? What would they do with it? NOTHING!!! Just like everyone else that has a nuke does nothing with them for christ sakes.

Anyways, Republicans will lead us to war. How many Trump supporters kids will end up dying on the battle field for this decision?
What will most likely happen, is North Korea will become a significant nuclear power and will use that status to bring NK into 21st century. This is probably the best we can hope for. The sooner the US realizes that the better. We can't disarm them without a war that would destroy Korea, with loss of life both US and Korean, that would run in hundreds of thousands or possible millions.

Neither Clinton, George Bush, or Obama could solve the problem because there were no good solutions so they did nothing hoping for a regime change. Without assurance from China that they would not honor there mutual defense agreement with North Korea, it would be foolish for the US to engage in an unprovoked attack on NK and that assurance is unlikely.

China has no reason to help the US. They want to maintain the status quo with the US threatened by NK and a divided Korea across the Yellow Sea between China mainland and Japan. There support for NK is a bargain chip with the US that they will not likely give up.

I hear Trump fucked up biggly by backing out of the trans atlantic partnership. That was going to make us more relevant in the area.

I tell you what. I was really hoping that the Republicans would be exposed for the full of shit talkers they are. In other words, I'm certainly not hoping that Trump does something stupid like all these USMB idiots are suggesting he should do. I just wanted to say "I told you so" to them when Trump and Republicans ultimately do exactly what Obama did and that's nothing.

But Republicans have proven they are different than Democrats when it comes to war. They will invade even if it is a mistake for America. Why? Because it wasn't a mistake for the oil companies and defense contractors. A quagmire means endless profits from an endless war. Iraq proved that. Republicans think Trump is different but he's being controlled by the same right wing idiots that told Bush what to do.

Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia

Of the twenty-five people who signed PNAC's founding statement of principles, ten went on to serve in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, including Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Paul Wolfowitz. Observers such as Irwin Stelzer and Dave Grondin have suggested that the PNAC played a key role in shaping the foreign policy of the Bush Administration, particularly in building support for the Iraq War.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Trump would be foolish enough to invade NK. The real danger lies in a botched covert action or limited military engagement by the US because it would rapidly escalate into a full military engagement and that would be a disaster for all.

Unfortunately our leadership lacks the statesmanship, the diplomatic skills and experience to handle the situation. That is understandable because the president surrounded himself with "outsiders" whose goal was to concentrate on domestic issues and stay out of the situation which we now find ourselves.

Churchill once said, "Jaw-jaw is better than war war." The logic to this is quite simple. Situations, leaders, and philosophies change with time and occasionally, there's a meeting of the minds. However, this all takes time and patience.

You know, the last three presidents rode into office with a domestic agenda and found themselves within a year knee deep in serious international problems. Americans just can't seem to get it through their heads that the nation is interdependent on the rest of world.

if i were Trump I would take out Kim Jong Out

and I would bomb the shit out of ISIS. I’d blow up the pipes, I’d blow up the refineries, I’d blow up every single inch, there would be nothing left.

We can't sit on our hands like Obama did for (8) years. Under his watch he allowed Iran and NK to continue their development of nuclear weapons thus putting America in harms way.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

But first, we must take steps to mitigate loss of life in South Korea.

If NK launches, or conduct other ballistic/nuclear test, our order of progression should be;

1- We officially notify North Korea of our intent to destroy their assets relative to nuclear and ballistic development. Our response will be carried out if they conduct (1) more missile launch or test of any kind

2- We start the immediate evacuation (voluntary) of the South Korea. Yes, this will be a logistic nightmare beyond all compare. Hopefully, other Nations (certainly) our allies will assist in this massive operation.

3- Move our military troops off the Korean peninsula to an area where our rapid response, via airborne paratroopers, can be delivered. Ground invasion to follow

4- Move multiple Naval battle groups to the area for a massive conventional strike

We have to do something. The result of inaction WILL cost more lives than a pre-emptive strike.

We are at the crossroads and history will be our judge

-Geaux

So, are you willing to go to war with China? Yes or no would do, but an explanation of why, would do better.
The better question is, do you think China is going to go to war with The United States of America, just for shitty little North Korea? Come on, you arent really THAT stupid, are you?

if i were Trump I would take out Kim Jong Out

and I would bomb the shit out of ISIS. I’d blow up the pipes, I’d blow up the refineries, I’d blow up every single inch, there would be nothing left.

But then there's a reason why you'll never be president.....

We can't sit on our hands like Obama did for (8) years. Under his watch he allowed Iran and NK to continue their development of nuclear weapons thus putting America in harms way.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

If NK launches, or conduct other ballistic/nuclear test, our order of progression should be;

1- We officially notify North Korea of our intent to destroy their assets relative to nuclear and ballistic development. Our response will be carried out if they conduct (1) more missile launch or test of any kind

2- We start the immediate evacuation (voluntary) of the South Korea. Yes, this will be a logistic nightmare beyond all compare. Hopefully, other Nations (certainly) our allies will assist in this massive operation.

3- Move our military troops off the Korean peninsula to an area where our rapid response, via airborne paratroopers, can be delivered. Ground invasion to follow

4- Move multiple Naval battle groups to the area for a massive conventional strike

We have to do something. The result of inaction WILL cost more lives than a pre-emptive strike.

-Geaux

So, are you willing to go to war with China? Yes or no would do, but an explanation of why, would do better.
The better question is, do you think China is going to go to war with The United States of America, just for shitty little North Korea? Come on, you arent really THAT stupid, are you?

Remember, we are talking a nuclear war. What do you think would happen to all of those irradiated refugees? They aren't going to walk to Japan or cross that one bridge into Russia.

E
No, I'm not saying it is our fault. Not at all. What caused Kim to feel he had to be impregnable? The Emperor thing. Nothing to do with us. But our military response on his borders is fueling his paranoia. I made that clear. You can misinterpret it all you need to.
Yes, our military preparedness feeds that idiots paranoia, but then again, history shows us plenty of examples of such paranoid loons over reacting to common sense preparedness by their neighbors.

And the great mistake is always to try to appease that paranoia by demilitarizing to some degree, which NEVER works.

This type of person only can respect other peoples STRENGTH and thus be dissuaded; weakness only encourages him to feed off his paranoia to justify aggression.

Remember it was the Norkas who attacked S Korea, not the other way around.
He is already aware of our strength--that is the whole point, in his mind. It is NOT dissuading him. Your solution is military. ALL are saying no, and no one wants to "appease" him, just stop him.
Giving in to his demands as we have been doing for the last thirty years has not been stopping him or his predecessors.
Exactly what demands has the US given in to.
The US has made it clear that we would not pursue sanctions to starve them to death or blow them off the face of the map if they give in to our demands that they abandon nuclear weapons development. That falls under the category of "give in or I'll kick your ass." NK wants to be recognized as a major power and at least a movement toward a Korean unification, neither of which the US is willing to concede.

It's a real disappointment that China ultimately had this little influence.
That's where you're wrong. What exactly has trump offered to China in exchange for their assistance in solving our problem? Such as a substantial drawdown of our military presence in South Korea. .
I don't know. He's been on the job for six months. What did Obama offer?
Trump is already months behind on defeating Isis so I'm convinced he'll screw this up as well
You didn't answer my question. And unlike you, I'll hope for the best, even though I'm not a Trump fan.

I'm aftaid you're gonna have to refresh my memory on that question of yours so I can answer it. As to the issue at hand here, I have very little faith in the presidents ability to stop himself from screwing everything up worse then it already is because drawing lines in the sand with guys like this never works. And naturally trump spent a good long while talking shit about the very people he needs the most, to help him fix this problem

That's where you're wrong. What exactly has trump offered to China in exchange for their assistance in solving our problem? Such as a substantial drawdown of our military presence in South Korea. .

Trump is already months behind on defeating Isis so I'm convinced he'll screw this up as well

Develop a plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days

“We are going to convene my top generals and give them a simple instruction. They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice.”

Trump said he would "bomb the hell" out of them. He claimed to have a plan to defeat them, but he refused to describe it, saying he didn't want to tip off extremists.

That's pure unadulterated nonsense. We all
know exactly what the president said during the campaign.

You didn't answer my question. And unlike you, I'll hope for the best, even though I'm not a Trump fan.

I'm aftaid you're gonna have to refresh my memory on that question of yours so I can answer it. As to the issue at hand here, I have very little faith in the presidents ability to stop himself from screwing everything up worse then it already is because drawing lines in the sand with guys like this never works. And naturally trump spent a good long while talking shit about the very people he needs the most, to help him fix this problem
Blame Trump for NK all you want, put it on him all you want. I know how partisans play the game.

As questionable as his skills are, he just showed up, and I'll continue to hope for the best.

“We are going to convene my top generals and give them a simple instruction. They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice.”

Trump said he would "bomb the hell" out of them. He claimed to have a plan to defeat them, but he refused to describe it, saying he didn't want to tip off extremists.

What?

Blame Trump for NK all you want, put it on him all you want. I know how partisans play the game.

As questionable as his skills are, he just showed up, and I'll continue to hope for the best.
That's what the Russian people are doing with Putin. They love him and they're hoping for the best. How's that working out?

And it's not partisan. I'm not blaming Trump for the past. Moving forward he'll either get credit or blame for what he does

That's what the Russian people are doing with Putin. They love him and they're hoping for the best. How's that working out?
I didn't say I love Trump. I voted against him, and haven't seen any reason to regret that.

But I do hope he proves me wrong, and I'll welcome it if he does. And I don't see the point in slamming and insulting him at every turn.

Country over party.

I didn't say I love Trump. I voted against him, and haven't seen any reason to regret that.

But I do hope he proves me wrong, and I'll welcome it if he does. And I don't see the point in slamming and insulting him at every turn.

Country over party.
Like you I hope I'm wrong but we aren't.

In case you haven't noticed second guessing every bad decision trump makes is not the same thing as when Republicans made a bj, emails and Benghazi major issues.

Too many connections between Trump's team and Russia. There was probably collusion to rig our elections. A bj is nothing. Playing politics with what happened in Benghazi? How did Tillman die in afganistan? And they all use personal emails. Is it wrong? Sure but they all do it. In fact they all have affairs.

You can't be Al Gore or John Kerry classy and win.

Don't Tell me to play nice when Republicans are winning dirty.

You're playing checkers their playing chess

What?

You're a trump bot for sure. Low iq, total lack of intellect, and a near total lack of reading comprehension skills.

Show me where I blamed trump for nk. I do blame trump for cutting off any and all avenues for a speedy resolution that doesn't include violence. And, I'm pretty sure that result came out of trumps ignorance

What?

You're a trump bot for sure. Low iq, total lack of intellect, and a near total lack of reading comprehension skills.
You do know I'm on your side right? I think you misunderstood or confused me a few posts back.

Trump said he had a plan to defeat ISIS, no? I'm looking fun of him because he has no plan. His plan is the same as Bush's. Surge! But they have no idea how to end or win a war. They don't want to end the war. Look how much haloburton made in Iraq. No business wants business to dry up.

Republicans love war because it's good for business.

Republicans don't realize defense contractors get paid by Uncle Sam.

Country over party.
Like you I hope I'm wrong but we aren't.

In case you haven't noticed second guessing every bad decision trump makes is not the same thing as when Republicans made a bj, emails and Benghazi major issues.

Too many connections between Trump's team and Russia. There was probably collusion to rig our elections. A bj is nothing. Playing politics with what happened in Benghazi? How did Tillman die in afganistan? And they all use personal emails. Is it wrong? Sure but they all do it. In fact they all have affairs.

You can't be Al Gore or John Kerry classy and win.

Don't Tell me to play nice when Republicans are winning dirty.

You're playing checkers their playing chess
At some point, someone has to be the adult in the room, for a change, before it's too late.

Which it already may be.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux
I make a motion to engage our Commerce Clause, and require Firms to be for-profit. In other words, no "not-for-profit" funny stuff, until everybody gets a bonus.

WE CAN'T SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING! You had someone that rose to power in Germany by the name of Adolf Hitler. People saw him developing new war machines, restoring the German military, which was something he was not supposed to do...The fact that Hitler tested out some of these new war machines in the Spanish Civil War, and then all of a sudden when Hitler launched an attack to take over the Rhineland against France, there was nothing that was done.

We can't sit back and say this is crazy, this is irrational, this will never happen, we don’t need to get involved because there will be millions of people that will end up losing their lives.

we cannot try to put Kim Jong-un in any type of Western civilizational-type of eyes. This is a psychopath.

This is high intensity, technologically based warfare that we’re looking at – the cyberwarfare of North Korea, these ICBMs, the threat of an EMP attack. I think that we’re going to have to start looking at what do we do against some of these launch sites?

The biggest thing is, China should take over the situation, even though they have failed...They have promised and not delivered on the promises because they could take him out without any heartbeat. The most important thing is that those old generals that you see with all those medals and stuff out there, they’ve got to realize that time is running out for them, and this guy has gone too far. China is happy to have Kim Jong-un and North Korea there because everyone’s attention is focused on him and really not what China is doing. They are focusing on making themselves a very strong economic and military power. That is how they are keeping us distracted with North Korea while they continue to do these things

Forum List

Back