My problem with the NFL re: National Anthem

Hmmm, I thought I did get it right, you know mistakes are often made. Sorry that unlike you I am not proficient in gangster cop hating rap. You can understand my confusion since Tupac was sued for his cop hating lyrics.

Who actually did the song was not the point of the posting, and you know it.

Well, it kind of is. You stated "Look Tupac wrote this awful cop-hating song, and then he was killed by another black person!"

Except he didn't write that song. A hack actor wrote it, and then went into acting playing- a Cop!!!

What I think happened is you didn't believe I posted true lyrics. So when you searched and found out I did you had to attack in another way. Pitiful.

Um,no, I remember when this song came out. I also know that really, you can't classify it as even being "Rap". Ice T was more of a Metal Artist.

Hurrible analogy. You don't
have a right to commit crimes.

I disagree. Ultimately, we do. In the end, we are all human beings on this planet. Flawed men and women set up the system over time, but that doesn't make it "right". If you are willing to suffer the consequences, you have a right to do whatever you want.

Whether it IS right, is a matter of opinion.

A right is different from free will which sounds like what you are talking about.

Per the NFL rulebook:

1. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.
Why do you not respect the flag or our country. Our country is the people. There are other ways to show your discontent with the President. People take not standing up for the flag as an insult on the United States as a unit. It makes people feel that you don't want to be here or don't like the unit as a whole (not just the administration) - and there are a lot of people that worked hard to build the US that are still alive today. There are a lot of people young and old that have risked their lives for the United States.

Great post. I've got a slightly different problem with this NFL issue that's consumed everybody for over a week now that I've kept to myself. Figured there were enough threads on this. :badgrin:

The NFL needs to clean THEIR HOUSE before they go attacking the country for injustices to Colin Kaepernick and other issues.

Case in point. Aaron Hernandez. Florida Gator star and the youngest draftee in 2010 (IIRC). Wasn't 18 months before he was getting accused of multiple shootings. Eventually, collared for murder. Committed suicide in his cell. He LEFT University as a JUNIOR to take the draft. I think the NFL "experience" pushed him a bit.

This is not isolated. About 35 to 40 arrests PER YEAR of NFL players. 870 since the year 2000.

NFL Arrest-Database - NFL Football - USA TODAY MOST OF THOSE "unresolved" or buried thru special "diversion" programs by the NFL.

A dozen or more high profile domestic abuse cases. Multiple incidences of other crimes such as weapons, intoxication, brawling, dog fighting.

Seems a bit petty to me to be keeping such a messy house and go piss on the neighborhood in the press. If you catch my drift. Clean it up guys. BECOME model spokesmen for causes before you go taking a dump on the rest of us..

Per the NFL rulebook:

1. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.
Why do you not respect the flag or our country. Our country is the people. There are other ways to show your discontent with the President. People take not standing up for the flag as an insult on the United States as a unit. It makes people feel that you don't want to be here or don't like the unit as a whole (not just the administration) - and there are a lot of people that worked hard to build the US that are still alive today. There are a lot of people young and old that have risked their lives for the United States.

Great post. I've got a slightly different problem with this NFL issue that's consumed everybody for over a week now that I've kept to myself. Figured there were enough threads on this. :badgrin:

The NFL needs to clean THEIR HOUSE before they go attacking the country for injustices to Colin Kaepernick and other issues.

Case in point. Aaron Hernandez. Florida Gator star and the youngest draftee in 2010 (IIRC). Wasn't 18 months before he was getting accused of multiple shootings. Eventually, collared for murder. Committed suicide in his cell. He LEFT University as a JUNIOR to take the draft. I think the NFL "experience" pushed him a bit.

This is not isolated. About 35 to 40 arrests PER YEAR of NFL players. 870 since the year 2000.

NFL Arrest-Database - NFL Football - USA TODAY MOST OF THOSE "unresolved" or buried thru special "diversion" programs by the NFL.

A dozen or more high profile domestic abuse cases. Multiple incidences of other crimes such as weapons, intoxication, brawling, dog fighting.

Seems a bit petty to me to be keeping such a messy house and go piss on the neighborhood in the press. If you catch my drift. Clean it up guys. BECOME model spokesmen for causes before you go taking a dump on the rest of us..
. One wonders why there is a cultural decay involving the NFL going on, and what is leading or lending a hand towards this decay ? Is it that there is a cultural rot going on ? If so how does this get changed for the better somehow ?? Is it like Hollywood over the years, where as a cultural rot has taken place in that arena just as well ? How does the country change the trend away from cultural rot or decay ? Who stops the country from making positive changes back towards the light ?

Now this is the proper conditioning required for respecting the flag...

800px-Bellamy_salute_1915.jpg

I think after Trump, you don't have to be "model spokesman" anymore.

Just scream your point loud enough.

Used to be 'hypocrisy' was enough to invalidate a point. Not so much anymore.

Now, if Colin K was beating his wife or involved in dogfighting, you might have a point. But other people in the same profession being involved, not so much.

One wonders why there is a cultural decay involving the NFL going on, and what is leading or lending a hand towards this decay ? Is it that there is a cultural rot going on ? If so how does this get changed for the better somehow ?? Is it like Hollywood over the years, where as a cultural rot has taken place in that arena just as well ? How does the country change the trend away from cultural rot or decay ? Who stops the country from making positive changes back towards the light ?

Oh Sweet Evil Jesus, another holy roller trying to impose his 'morality" on the rest of us.

well, I do think you have a problem in the NFL that most middle class families aren't getting their kids involved in football anymore. Football has become too dangerous of a sport, with all the reports of old players suffering from head injuries. Get little Timmy involved in Baseball.

But for a poor kid, yeah, it's a ticket out of poverty. Amazing we still have poverty in the richest country in the world, but we do, and some people want out. and some of those people are less than perfect people.

The last thing we need is some Holy Roller telling us we need to follow a 3000 year old book of bronze age superstition most of them haven't actually read.

Now this is the proper conditioning required for respecting the flag...

800px-Bellamy_salute_1915.jpg
. Is that an American public school practicing new left wing dogma/policies before class starts ?? The young impressionable minds must be transferred towards liberalism before it's to late right ?? Just ask Hillary the (It takes a village queen) right ???? No seriously, where as that picture from ? Parents ought to be terrified at what is going on in the public school system these days.

. Is that an American public school practicing new left wing dogma/policies before class starts ?? The young impressionable minds must be transferred towards liberalism before it's to late right ?? Just ask Hillary the (It takes a village queen) right ???? No seriously, where as that picture from ? Parents ought to be terrified at what is going on in the public school system these days.

The picture is from the 1920's when the Pledge was first introduced. In the 1930's, the straight arm salute became unpopular for some reason.

The picture is from the 1920's when the Pledge was first introduced. In the 1930's, the straight arm salute became unpopular for some reason.
. Straight arm solute eh ? LOL... The Nazi's were here back then ? Who'd a thunk it.. Wait, wasn't those children all Phillipino, Japanese or something ? I didn't expand it enough to see, but will go back and check. The picture is very grainey. Guess it was due the time period or technology of the period.

People just don't want to see National pride go down the drain.
Nothing wrong with that.
We are so eager to defend those from other countries to be proud of their nation of origin within the US, but, we are reticent (if not down right rebellious) about our own

People just don't want to see National pride go down the drain. Nothing wrong with that. We are so eager to defend those from other countries to be proud of their nation of origin within the US, but, we are reticent (if not down right rebellious) about our own
Yep. There are quite a few who are making it pretty obvious that they're not terribly fond of this country. They hate its history and traditions, say the anthem is racist, the Constitution was written by rich white slave rapists, the country is racist, the country is greedy, we must fundamentally change the country, on and on and on.

And it's all the same people.

They hate its history and traditions, say the anthem is racist, the Constitution was written by rich white slave rapists, the country is racist, the country is greedy, we must fundamentally change the country, on and on and on.

And it's all the same people.

Truth hurts.

And it took the 13th and 14th amendments to fix the situation you named.

Nothing wrong with that.

wwii-german-nazi-soldiers-marching-1946-photo-print-2.jpg

Nope, nothing wrong with that ;)

Can you really compare the US with the Nazi regime?
Come on... if anything we are definitely going more and more the opposite.
Do you think the 1950s were like that? Bit of a stretch, no?

They hate its history and traditions, say the anthem is racist, the Constitution was written by rich white slave rapists, the country is racist, the country is greedy, we must fundamentally change the country, on and on and on. And it's all the same people.
Truth hurts. And it took the 13th and 14th amendments to fix the situation you named.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Nothing wrong with that.

wwii-german-nazi-soldiers-marching-1946-photo-print-2.jpg

Nope, nothing wrong with that ;)
. What would you do if you couldn't freely use your propaganda in this country ? The picture above wouldn't allow you to do that. Hope you understand just how good you got it here, but you are working hard to change all that are you not ?

Last edited:
Your problem with the NFL re: the National Anthem is exactly the same as every dumbass rube's problem. You don't understand what the protest is about and you don't understand what the flag represents.

Saying "there are other ways to protest" is really stupid and fails to recognize the importanct role that protests play in our society.

Many people find protesting during the National Anthem "offensive". Now, that is a term you liberals understand. If it's offensive, then the other side must be heard according to your rules. Equal to protest, support also plays a role in our societ such as wearing 9-11 cleats or black patches in support of fallen officers yet both of those were shot down because they were deemed offensive.

Per the NFL rulebook:

First play from wembley...white man tackled black man. When will the racism end?

Your problem with the NFL re: the National Anthem is exactly the same as every dumbass rube's problem. You don't understand what the protest is about and you don't understand what the flag represents.

Saying "there are other ways to protest" is really stupid and fails to recognize the importanct role that protests play in our society.

Many people find protesting during the National Anthem "offensive". Now, that is a term you liberals understand. If it's offensive, then the other side must be heard according to your rules. Equal to protest, support also plays a role in our societ such as wearing 9-11 cleats or black patches in support of fallen officers yet both of those were shot down because they were deemed offensive.
. The left got in control of this nation over time, and they have created a fear amongst huge institutions, businesses, workers, conservatives etc. otherwise to even think to challenge the left on anything it does. This is why Trump has been attacked so vehemently after being elected to office of this United States. The left new that what was to come along with him was the freight train of voters who backed Trump to stop the left in this country, and to stop them in their tracks. The appointment of the new supreme Court judge was huge, and we see how that was fought. They will try to stop Trump at all cost it appears, but hopefully they won't be successful. To much has gone on, and it has to be fixed now.

Forum List

Back