My mother was an immigrant that worked hard and knew i was a star....

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Is anyone else tired of this line of shit?

I'm not voting for your mother! Why should I vote for you?

I don't give a shit that as a child you survived on peanut butter

I agree. I get why they do it (they're trying to make themselves easier to relate to). But in all honesty both sides do it. Michelle Obama did it...and so did Christie in his speech.

• Banned

I agree. I get why they do it (they're trying to make themselves easier to relate to). But in all honesty both sides do it. Michelle Obama did it...and so did Christie in his speech.

I target no party I'm just tired of it.

I didn't think you were targeting one specific party. I was just throwing in my two cents. And for the record, I agree 100% with you.

I don't see the downside to knowing the complete person of who is to become the leader of the free world.

• Banned

I don't see the downside to knowing the complete person of who is to become the leader of the free world.

Except that every speech from every nobody consists of this drivel.

Except that every speech from every nobody consists of this drivel.

90% of the people can't relate to fabulous wealth but they can relate to things like peanut butter. If I was a politician, I'd refer to my peanut butter upbringing as often as I could.

Can you gimme some context here?

Just listening to both conventions. All the speakers giving their family history. Ya can't tell one from the other. All their stories are the same except for where they came from. It just gets old.

Just listening to both conventions. All the speakers giving their family history. Ya can't tell one from the other. All their stories are the same except for where they came from. It just gets old.

ah ok thanks. Why would it make any difference "where they came from"?

It doesn't and that wasn't my point. But no worries this isn't my first dumb thread and I'm sure it won't be my last.

It doesn't and that wasn't my point. But no worries this isn't my first dumb thread and I'm sure it won't be my last.

Damn, we can sure agree on that.

Ok perspective on my point....

Romney's ate dinner on an ironing board and the Obama's could see through the rust on their car as they drove down the street.

I know it's petty but people want to hear their plans for the future not their plights in their youths.

Just my two cents

Ann Romney tried it. Eating off an ironing board in a basement. What bullshit.

I covered that. It's all nonsense. Just like I don't care how Romney got his money, I don't care how Obama got his. We all have our own individual struggles. Listening to a lot of the speakers felt like a daytime drama. It caters to the lowest common denominator.

Conventions, while energizing, have become nothing more than a school pep rally

annromneySTFU.jpg

We buy your books, send you to school and what do you do? Waste your days hating the guy in desk next to ya because his dad bought him a better laptop than yours!

MORONS!

I don't mind the stories, I just wish more of the people regaling us with their stories, actually understood what the lessons were. This does pertain to both sides. Last week the candidate told the truth of wanting to break from family and make it one his own. Yet, there is no way that family didn't come into play to allow the wife to stay home while he was in school.

This week it's going to be 'we had little' story, yet there was enough to afford cross country travel quite often and then setting up on midwest and east coast college years-loans or not. From all accounts his early life was traumatizing, but it wasn't due to lack of money.

Lessons missed, it's a whole lot easier to take 'risks', especially with a young family, when one knows that failure would mean starting again, without anyone starving. On that point I think Castro hit it last night.

Obama though, he doesn't seem to get that his grandparents, especially the grandmother tried to compensate for the negligence of his parents. Indeed, he goes onto 'search' for the meaning of his father's thoughts/beliefs and in all truthfulness has incorporated what is known of them into his 'vision.' Funny he seems to mostly ignore the mother, with the exception of putting her on the 'single mother pedestal' when convenient. The grandparents? Under the bus. Michelle actually understood the grandparents in ways Obama never does. I'm pretty sure that's a reflection on the way she was raised, with good parents that did unconditionally love her.

All politicians make me want to vomit whenever they give a speech, and I mean "all of them."

Forum List

Back