My fellow Conservatives...please read this.

I consider Obama to be socially and economically ruining this nation. I am not prepared to back off one subatomic particle.

I think some of you have misconstrued my message.

I'm not asking anyone to compromise their principles.

What I'm referring to is the tendency of the losing party to eat it's own.

The blame and finger pointing.

The "Romney was too moderate" blames the moderates.

The "It was the social issues" blames the social conservatives.

The "folks who wasted there vote on Paul and Johnson cost us the election" blames the libertarians.

The permutation are endless.

We are a coalition party...alienating any coalition member hurts the party.

The point of my thread is that we need time to reflect and present opinions on how to proceed...not tear off a leg of the stool berate it as the the fault.

That's what I mean by distancing oneself from defeat..."It's not me, I'm right, it's THOSE guys who are to blame"

The ego almost demands that response.

We need to fight that urge, changeling it into something more productive.

Does that clarify my intent?
Problem is that Romney tried to be everything to everyone, and ended up being nothing to anyone but those who vote GOP as a matter of habit.

If this election shows anything, it's that Americans will go for a principled Marxist over a wishy-washy Etch-a-sketch.

Still... as I said, I don't think the answer is for the Republicans to get better at lying than the Democrats. I think they should follow RP's lead and get better at telling the truth. People respond to that. It's what real leadership is all about.

And the insinuation is that Romney didn't tell the truth? He ran a very forthcoming and proper campaign that was predicated upon hope, principle, success and integrity.

Hmmm.... claims of "truth" are tricky business. I'm not a professional fact-checker. I'll admit to basing my assumption (that Romney was lying) on his curious habit making statements that sounded completely the opposite, depending on where he was and who he was talking to. Maybe Romney's "truth" is just more contextual that I'm used to. It was also hard to line up his campaign rhetoric with his record.

Yes, it's now been proven that offering empty single words such as Hope, Change and Forward with nothing to describe them is the winning strategy. Never try to explain what or how you actually plan to govern.

Paul was screwed out of the nomination by the Republican Party.

I supported Paul. But that's not true. He lost fair and square.

Hmm... I'm not sure I'd go that far. It's fair to say that the electoral shenanigans at the end had nothing to do with it - he'd lost long before that - but the party establishment clearly wanted Mitt. And pull all kinds of strings to make it so.

its difficult to truly pigeon hole him other to say, he was an opportunist (establishment?) Republican, hes not a Rockefeller rep. hes not a con, hes......______________...?

I live in a great nation, with our process of peaceful voting, we once again provide many nations with the hope that they too will be a free nation like the USofA. Until then they flood our land with their desire to live free.

And lobby to change our fuckin laws in the process. Some freedom.

Still... as I said, I don't think the answer is for the Republicans to get better at lying than the Democrats. I think they should follow RP's lead and get better at telling the truth. People respond to that. It's what real leadership is all about.

And the insinuation is that Romney didn't tell the truth? He ran a very forthcoming and proper campaign that was predicated upon hope, principle, success and integrity.

Hmmm.... claims of "truth" are tricky business. I'm not a professional fact-checker. I'll admit to basing my assumption (that Romney was lying) on his curious habit making statements that sounded completely the opposite, depending on where he was and who he was talking to. Maybe Romney's "truth" is just more contextual that I'm used to. It was also hard to line up his campaign rhetoric with his record.

thats mothers milk for any Politico...obama has a well deserved rep. going back to his college days as someone how could walk out of a room and everyone thinks he agrees with them....

I consider Obama to be socially and economically ruining this nation. I am not prepared to back off one subatomic particle.

I think some of you have misconstrued my message.

I'm not asking anyone to compromise their principles.

What I'm referring to is the tendency of the losing party to eat it's own.

The blame and finger pointing.

The "Romney was too moderate" blames the moderates.

The "It was the social issues" blames the social conservatives.

The "folks who wasted there vote on Paul and Johnson cost us the election" blames the libertarians.

The permutation are endless.

The point of my thread is that we need time to reflect and present opinions on how to proceed...not tear off a leg of the stool berate it as the the fault.

That's what I mean by distancing oneself from defeat..."It's not me, I'm right, it's THOSE guys who are to blame"

Problem is that Romney tried to be everything to everyone, and ended up being nothing to anyone but those who vote GOP as a matter of habit.

If this election shows anything, it's that Americans will go for a principled Marxist over a wishy-washy Etch-a-sketch.

I agree that that was a factor.

It does. Thanks.

But I think it's the coherency of the coalition that's the key question here. That's what I was talking about with 'realignment'. In my view, the schizophrenic state of our politics is a direct effect of this misalignment. I'm not sure it makes sense to pitch a tent large enough for neo-cons, social conservatives and libertarians. There's simply not enough binding them together - not even a consistency in opposition to Democrats. Neo-cons foreign policy views, for example, are more closely aligned with mainstream Democrats than with libertarians. And social conservatives are quite happy to have Big Brother telling us how to live as long as he's quoting the bible.

After watching them for thirty-some years, the one thing Republicans have been able to consistently attract independents and moderates with was the limited government ethos. But they've proven entirely unreliable on that issue and, after the Bush fiasco, no one trust them to reverse the trend of bloated government. In the meantime, there are still large portions of the electorate who do want to see smaller government. They just don't see the Republicans as likely to deliver.

Maybe you folks should stop demonizing Americans, stop trying to force you social values on others, stick to bread and butter issues and promote working together and compromise.

Maybe you folks should stop demonizing Americans, stop trying to force you social values on others, stick to bread and butter issues and promote working together and compromise.

right, like demanding I pay for your contraception and totally submarining religious conscience in the search to wrap their hands around every single facet no matter how infinitesimal? like that? if I recall obama was against gay marriage until, well, he 'evolved'...:rolleyes:

and demonizing? :lol:really, you've got some nerve.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I wonder if anybody realizes how irritrievably GONE America really is now??The hope for turnaround and prosperity has all but vanished.
Forward from today we are in the Era of Mighta, Shoulda, Coulda and a country wide settling for second best.

It's the end of America the Great and the Beautiful folks. The end of prosperity and plenty.
We just voted ourselves into third rate mediocrity and it's hard to comprehend how so many could be so satisfied with so little.

Drama Queen

Bonus points for nominating the black guy or woman too. It's not about proven ideas. It's about meeting superficial constructs that they've been selling for decades.

Face it, if a successful business man and governor and moderate like Romney couldn't win in this economy and with scandals like Fast, Furious, Obama Care, Benghazi; then it just wasn't very likely to happen.

Romney ran a superior campaign. He lost because of a TMZ electorate who voted for free shiz while it lasts.

That electorate has been carefully cultivated and programmed over the last 30 to 40 years via media and pop culture, and I really don't see any end in sight when they control the media and academia. It will take a collapse to make most see the light day, and even then I have doubts that some of them would have an understanding of what happened or why it happened.

Do the citizens of Greece understand what happened or do they riot because they aren't getting free shit anymore? Is this the future of America? Quite posssibly.

In my opinion, it's all very straight forward. Liberals are all about feelings, and their agenda is social, so they vote with those in mind. The fiscal/financial dilemna is not something they understand, nor will they, even when it's falling down around them. The younger voting generation has been brought up in a 'land of plenty', they don't know what it's like to suffer financially, so they've been easily manipulated via academia and media into only caring about the 'social' aspect of life, gay rights/abortion rights/free health care, etc... without giving any thought to where any of it comes from, both financiailly or idealogically. It's a 'give it to me now' society we live in, where debt is encouraged where once it was something shameful. When that all breaks down from a financial standpoint, maybe some of them will realize that they've been fed lies and led down the wrong path. Some of them will still have no understanding of what happened because they haven't been educated and will still believe that government is the answer to everything. There's nothing good about where we are headed fiscally, and we don't have the right people to stop it in charge. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's going to be pretty.

I wonder if anybody realizes how irritrievably GONE America really is now??The hope for turnaround and prosperity has all but vanished.
Forward from today we are in the Era of Mighta, Shoulda, Coulda and a country wide settling for second best.

It's the end of America the Great and the Beautiful folks. The end of prosperity and plenty.
We just voted ourselves into third rate mediocrity and it's hard to comprehend how so many could be so satisfied with so little.

If they realized it, Obama wouldn't have won. so that should tell you right there that they don't realize a gotdamn thing and deserve whatever suffering that's coming down the pike. and I shall laugh with utter gleee and play my violin accordingly.

:eusa_boohoo:

I cannot bring myself to find any 'glee' in any of this. Because the blowback of this ill-guided decision hits us all.

Last edited:
The Republican brand is irrevocably tarnished by a number of factors, some going back to the Great Depression. We may win an occasional election, but even then it is because the voters see us as the lesser of two evils. We are seen by an adolescent public as a stern parent whose old fashioned ideas will ruin their fun.

Paradoxically, the most effective way to put forth Conservative ideas in a palatable manner would be for the Republican Party to disband and all of its members reregister as Democrats. This would create a conservative majority which could govern without all of the historical baggage.

The path is clear. I'm starting a solar battery company and applying for government grants.

Will also start a bankruptcy case within 24 hours of receiving the grant.

If they realized it, Obama wouldn't have won. so that should tell you right there that they don't realize a gotdamn thing and deserve whatever suffering that's coming down the pike. and I shall laugh with utter gleee and play my violin accordingly.

:eusa_boohoo:

I cannot bring myself to find any 'glee' in any of this. Because the blowback of tis ill-guided decision hits us all.

I didn't vote for either clown. So the blowback will hit YOU ALL. not me. I'll be fine.

I moved my money and my assets to safer areas when I realized Romney and Obama would end up being the only choices.

The path is clear. I'm starting a solar battery company and applying for government grants.

Will also start a bankruptcy case within 24 hours of receiving the grant.

You'd be better off applying for a Government job. that's all there is left now. Capitalism is dead

Conservatism is dead in the United States. It's only chance of survival anywhere is to formally divide the country. The best thing conservatives can do for themselves is identify a hospitable nation and take their industry there. Just like Lot ran from Sodom, don't look back.

Please do and then we will build back up and charge you import tarrifs for your stuff.

Forum List

Back