My fellow Conservatives...please read this.

I'm not anti-gay, I oppose gay marriage, but not civil unions.

Separate but equal? Hmmmm... sounds strangely familiar.

I'm not anti-immigrant, I'm pro rule of law, opposing illegal aliens being rewarded.

We all are.

But if you had to choose between funding years of welfare and food stamp vs. funding birth control, which one would be more fiscally conservative?

Dr. and Nurses who perform abortion procedures also believe in life and health and compassion. Sounds pro-life to me.

Like Chris Rock said, "I love black people, but I hate *******." We all do. (hate criminals and thugs of any race)

So why disparage teachers in the media and cut funding?

I'm not anti welfare, we need a safety net...I oppose paying welfare to those who are able to work but choose to leech off the government.

We all are #3

But the Democrats succeeded in their messaging. We failed to counter that effectively.

The GOP talks out of two sides of their mouth - the fiscal side and social side.

I promise I will get back to you on this...but I have work that isn't getting done and deadlines to meet.

I don't buy that "slightly richer" part in the least....The Democrat Party is absolutely loaded down with bazillionaires like Jeff Immelt, Bill Gates, Hollywood celebutards, Wall Street banksters and the like.

Of course. I'm just talking about public perception - the image Republicans have been pegged with. It doesn't much matter whether it's true or not. The Democrats sell themselves as supporters of civil liberties and defenders against corporate greed - both laughably wrong - but people buy it.

Still... as I said, I don't think the answer is for the Republicans to get better at lying than the Democrats. I think they should follow RP's lead and get better at telling the truth. People respond to that. It's what real leadership is all about.

And the insinuation is that Romney didn't tell the truth? He ran a very forthcoming and proper campaign that was predicated upon hope, principle, success and integrity.

That said, I get the over-arching point. The state of Republican party is shiz.

You should just ignore the Paulbots....They think they won something ...They are not to bright.

That's because they own the media, until that changes, nothing else will.

tumblr_m46vsaWDyL1qfwos3o1_500.gif

Republicans need to nominate better candidates
Romney was a good candidate. Gingrich, Santorum, Cain and Paul were not

Allowing the Tea Party to swamp your primaries and run candidates who are an embarassment to your party is not a winning strategy

Based off of the Democrat model, that item isn't even a factor. I mean, you've run a lousy candidate twice and won. I think the take away is that you win by setting up a target to blame (the rich in this case) and promising to give people free shit.

Bonus points for nominating the black guy or woman too. It's not about proven ideas. It's about meeting superficial constructs that they've been selling for decades.

Face it, if a successful business man and governor and moderate like Romney couldn't win in this economy and with scandals like Fast, Furious, Obama Care, Benghazi; then it just wasn't very likely to happen.

Romney ran a superior campaign. He lost because of a TMZ electorate who voted for free shiz while it lasts.

That electorate has been carefully cultivated and programmed over the last 30 to 40 years via media and pop culture, and I really don't see any end in sight when they control the media and academia. It will take a collapse to make most see the light day, and even then I have doubts that some of them would have an understanding of what happened or why it happened.

I'm positive the liberals will lampoon this thread mercilessly.

They would like nothing better than to witness the self destruction of the Republican party.

Simply ignore it.

They have their motivation....we recognize it...it is no threat.

Alinsky's rules only work if you allow yourself to be cowed by them.

I'd like to see the Republican party destroyed and remade to actually have conservative principals.

Please work on it!

I'd like to see the democrat party completely destroyed and remade to actually value liberty.

Still... as I said, I don't think the answer is for the Republicans to get better at lying than the Democrats. I think they should follow RP's lead and get better at telling the truth. People respond to that. It's what real leadership is all about.

And the insinuation is that Romney didn't tell the truth? He ran a very forthcoming and proper campaign that was predicated upon hope, principle, success and integrity.

Hmmm.... claims of "truth" are tricky business. I'm not a professional fact-checker. I'll admit to basing my assumption (that Romney was lying) on his curious habit making statements that sounded completely the opposite, depending on where he was and who he was talking to. Maybe Romney's "truth" is just more contextual that I'm used to. It was also hard to line up his campaign rhetoric with his record.

I'm positive the liberals will lampoon this thread mercilessly.

They would like nothing better than to witness the self destruction of the Republican party.

Simply ignore it.

They have their motivation....we recognize it...it is no threat.

Alinsky's rules only work if you allow yourself to be cowed by them.

I'd like to see the Republican party destroyed and remade to actually have conservative principals.

Please work on it!

I'd like to see the democrat party completely destroyed and remade to actually value liberty.

And I'd like Peter Pan to sprinkle fairy dust on me and then I could fly over Manhattan.

I consider Obama to be socially and economically ruining this nation. I am not prepared to back off one subatomic particle.

You and people like you are now irrelevant.

Electoral vote + popular vote = mandate.

If that were remotely true, Dems would have taken back the house. Don't worry, I'm sure Obama can rule by fatwah, I mean executive order.

I consider Obama to be socially and economically ruining this nation. I am not prepared to back off one subatomic particle.

You and people like you are now irrelevant.

Electoral vote + popular vote = mandate.

If that were remotely true, Dems would have taken back the house. Don't worry, I'm sure Obama can rule by fatwah, I mean executive order.

My take from looking at the US map and even state by state, is that is seems to be a largely rural vs urban contest, hence why you see liberals winning the senate and the oval office, and conservatives winning the house. The lare urban areas have no say-so in the rural districts where house members are voted in from, but they obviously influence the senate and preseidential race since there are no physical boundaries in those contests. So, it's hardly a 'mandate' on anything, we are very evenly split, and I think the gap will just get wider as time goes on.

We have suffered a major setback...there is no denying that.

The natural kneejerk reaction it's to lash out, point fingers, distance oneself from defeat.

Instead, I would ask that you take time to process the election results and thoughtfully consider the ramifications of the election, the constructive criticism that you glean from that reflection, and how we can rectify the shortfall we suffered here.

What we need is an After Action Review, not a rerun of the Blame Game.

Defeat is a fork in the road...one path leads to internal destruction, the other to strength through adversity.

Today we choose...choose wisely.
To be honest, it was a list of caricatures as candidates for republican nomination. Bunch of ignoramuses, backwards ass anti abortion, anti gay, anti Latino, and old school republican has beens. What was needed was new blood / new generation that mainstream America could relate to. Each of the candidates had his or her own major defects and the republicans ended up choosing the best out of a bunch of bad choices. Romney's third debate on foreign policy was as bad as Obama's first. The other issues I believe contributed to this loss were people still blamed Bush for what had happened to the economy when Obama took over and were fearful (correctly or incorrectly) that Romney would take us back to those days again, and of course race played a major factor as all the blacks and minorities in highly populated urban areas came out in droves and record number to vote for Obama. All in all we can credit the Democrat machine for an amazing ground game across the country and areas they needed to get the vote out, and a special award to David Axelrod for the genius behind this machine.

Last edited:

The natural kneejerk reaction it's to lash out, point fingers, distance oneself from defeat.

Instead, I would ask that you take time to process the election results and thoughtfully consider the ramifications of the election, the constructive criticism that you glean from that reflection, and how we can rectify the shortfall we suffered here.

Defeat is a fork in the road...one path leads to internal destruction, the other to strength through adversity.

Sage advice, Mo.

I wouldn't expect it to be taken seriously here in USMB hate central, but I have no doubt serious political thinkers in the GOP quite agree with you.

[B]You know already, I suspect, that the LADIES vote made all the difference this time around, right?[/B]

Mitt and Ryan's obvious misogynist POV and policy proposals were just enough to give Obama the win.

Nope, this Absolutely had nothing to do with the outcome.

I think some of you have misconstrued my message.

I'm not asking anyone to compromise their principles.

What I'm referring to is the tendency of the losing party to eat it's own.

The blame and finger pointing.

The "Romney was too moderate" blames the moderates.

The "It was the social issues" blames the social conservatives.

The "folks who wasted there vote on Paul and Johnson cost us the election" blames the libertarians.

The permutation are endless.

We are a coalition party...alienating any coalition member hurts the party.

The point of my thread is that we need time to reflect and present opinions on how to proceed...not tear off a leg of the stool berate it as the fault...the root cause of defeat.

It's just not that simple.

That's what I mean by distancing oneself from defeat..."It's not me, I'm right, it's THOSE guys who are to blame"

The ego almost demands that response.

We need to fight that urge, changeling it into something more productive.

Does that clarify my intent?

Last edited:
The Republican Party will be fine so long as they figure out that having a more pleasing agenda will win people over. Kind of hard to win when you nominate a bunch of far right rape-advocates who seem to have come from another era.

If they can just drop their obsession with homosexuality and their denial of climate change and get on the right side of history like they used to be, they'll be fine.

As for Mitch McConnell, his derisive statement released last night is typical of an old, craggy, ass hole attitude about things that drives us away from a once great party.

Hopefully the right will elevate folks who enjoy reading, learning, facts and science again, because I can't take another round of all these Teabagging wingnuts who care more about making a point than in actually governing.

The political process is corrupt beyond repair. You're wishing for a rainbow in a snowstorm.

I wonder if anybody realizes how irritrievably GONE America really is now??The hope for turnaround and prosperity has all but vanished.
Forward from today we are in the Era of Mighta, Shoulda, Coulda and a country wide settling for second best.

It's the end of America the Great and the Beautiful folks. The end of prosperity and plenty.
We just voted ourselves into third rate mediocrity and it's hard to comprehend how so many could be so satisfied with so little.

Based off of the Democrat model, that item isn't even a factor. I mean, you've run a lousy candidate twice and won. I think the take away is that you win by setting up a target to blame (the rich in this case) and promising to give people free shit.

Bonus points for nominating the black guy or woman too. It's not about proven ideas. It's about meeting superficial constructs that they've been selling for decades.

Face it, if a successful business man and governor and moderate like Romney couldn't win in this economy and with scandals like Fast, Furious, Obama Care, Benghazi; then it just wasn't very likely to happen.

Romney ran a superior campaign. He lost because of a TMZ electorate who voted for free shiz while it lasts.

That electorate has been carefully cultivated and programmed over the last 30 to 40 years via media and pop culture, and I really don't see any end in sight when they control the media and academia. It will take a collapse to make most see the light day, and even then I have doubts that some of them would have an understanding of what happened or why it happened.

Do the citizens of Greece understand what happened or do they riot because they aren't getting free shit anymore? Is this the future of America? Quite posssibly.

Agreed, we do need to stay on top of our republicans we put in the house...By the way, love the avatar..:eusa_angel:

I wonder if anybody realizes how irritrievably GONE America really is now??The hope for turnaround and prosperity has all but vanished.
Forward from today we are in the Era of Mighta, Shoulda, Coulda and a country wide settling for second best.

It's the end of America the Great and the Beautiful folks. The end of prosperity and plenty.
We just voted ourselves into third rate mediocrity and it's hard to comprehend how so many could be so satisfied with so little.

If they realized it, Obama wouldn't have won. so that should tell you right there that they don't realize a gotdamn thing and deserve whatever suffering that's coming down the pike. and I shall laugh with utter gleee and play my violin accordingly.

:eusa_boohoo:

I live in a great nation, with our process of peaceful voting, we once again provide many nations with the hope that they too will be a free nation like the USofA. Until then they flood our land with their desire to live free.

Forum List

Back