My fellow Conservatives...please read this.

The path is clear. I'm starting a solar battery company and applying for government grants.

Will also start a bankruptcy case within 24 hours of receiving the grant.

You'd be better off applying for a Government job. that's all there is left now. Capitalism is dead

government is the latest form of capitalism. Endorsed by most of the right and left in congress.

How many businesses would fold without govt dollars flowing into them?
Remember the whine about so many jobs lost if we cut defense spending?

Last edited:
I wonder if anybody realizes how irritrievably GONE America really is now??The hope for turnaround and prosperity has all but vanished.
Forward from today we are in the Era of Mighta, Shoulda, Coulda and a country wide settling for second best.

It's the end of America the Great and the Beautiful folks. The end of prosperity and plenty.
We just voted ourselves into third rate mediocrity and it's hard to comprehend how so many could be so satisfied with so little.

Europe / The Middle East were the coming attractions for us if we didn't reverse course. But we are just so full of ourselves. We refuse to believe it.

I wonder if anybody realizes how irritrievably GONE America really is now??The hope for turnaround and prosperity has all but vanished.
Forward from today we are in the Era of Mighta, Shoulda, Coulda and a country wide settling for second best.

It's the end of America the Great and the Beautiful folks. The end of prosperity and plenty.
We just voted ourselves into third rate mediocrity and it's hard to comprehend how so many could be so satisfied with so little.

Europe / The Middle East were the coming attractions for us if we didn't reverse course. But we are just so full of ourselves. We refuse to believe it.

The majority obviously fit that description, then there are those of us that have recongized it for quite a while and can do nothing about it.

The path is clear. I'm starting a solar battery company and applying for government grants.

You'd be better off applying for a Government job. that's all there is left now. Capitalism is dead

government is the latest form of capitalism. Endorsed by most of the right and left in congress.

If the only employer left on the block is the Government, you might as well start eating dirt.

Republicans, until you bust out of the delusion bubble put so prominently on display by this thread, you're going to keep losing.

You're the exact opposite of a coalition party. You went all-in on catering solely to angry white males, and lost big. Angry white males are a shrinking demographic, so you're going to lose even bigger in the future if you don't expand your base. Yet your angry current base forbids you from expanding your base.

Sucks to be you. You have no good options. So it's easiest just remain in lalalaland, yelling that you just have to keep doing the same old things that failed, but with more fervor! And we'll get to watch the Republican Party's slow slide into becoming a regional Bible-belt party, with no power on the national level.

Republicans, until you bust out of the delusion bubble put so prominently on display by this thread, you're going to keep losing.

You're the exact opposite of a coalition party. You went all-in on catering solely to angry white males, and lost big. Angry white males are a shrinking demographic, so you're going to lose even bigger in the future if you don't expand your base. Yet your angry current base forbids you from expanding your base.

Sucks to be you. You have no good options. So it's easiest just remain in lalalaland, yelling that you just have to keep doing the same old things that failed, but with more fervor! And we'll get to watch the Republican Party's slow slide into becoming a regional Bible-belt party, with no power on the national level.

I'm not white, but you make no gotdamn sense here^

You think you're somehow safe now because YOUR guy won?

Time to bust that bubble you're living in.

I consider Obama to be socially and economically ruining this nation. I am not prepared to back off one subatomic particle.

I think some of you have misconstrued my message.

I'm not asking anyone to compromise their principles.

What I'm referring to is the tendency of the losing party to eat it's own.

The blame and finger pointing.

The "Romney was too moderate" blames the moderates.

The "It was the social issues" blames the social conservatives.

The "folks who wasted there vote on Paul and Johnson cost us the election" blames the libertarians.

The permutation are endless.

We are a coalition party...alienating any coalition member hurts the party.

The point of my thread is that we need time to reflect and present opinions on how to proceed...not tear off a leg of the stool berate it as the the fault.

That's what I mean by distancing oneself from defeat..."It's not me, I'm right, it's THOSE guys who are to blame"

The ego almost demands that response.

We need to fight that urge, changeling it into something more productive.

Does that clarify my intent?
Problem is that Romney tried to be everything to everyone, and ended up being nothing to anyone but those who vote GOP as a matter of habit.

If this election shows anything, it's that Americans will go for a principled Marxist over a wishy-washy Etch-a-sketch.

You sell as much propaganda as Obama. Romney laid out a proper structure for America. That is way more than Obama ever did. Again, finger pointing at Romney is just stupid. It's only academic if he could have done A, B and C better. But the reality is that the TMZ electorate got what they wanted with the media leading the way. This was an amazingly tough road for any candidate to blaze.

You think Ron Paul would have fared any better? You think him telling lazy ass Americans that the gravy train was ending would have been better? You're in full fledged denial.

The "folks who wasted there vote on Paul and Johnson cost us the election" blames the libertarians.
Can't say that this time around.

In no state that I've seen did Johnson carry the spread....Which assumes (falsely) that all Johnson votes belong to Romney.

Maybe. But the vote totals for Johnson don't count those who wrote in Paul, or simply didn't vote at all - people who might have voted Republican if they hadn't nominated another douchebag.

We are a coalition party...alienating any coalition member hurts the party.

The point of my thread is that we need time to reflect and present opinions on how to proceed...not tear off a leg of the stool berate it as the the fault.

That's what I mean by distancing oneself from defeat..."It's not me, I'm right, it's THOSE guys who are to blame"

The ego almost demands that response.

We need to fight that urge, changeling it into something more productive.

Does that clarify my intent?

It does. Thanks.

But I think it's the coherency of the coalition that's the key question here. That's what I was talking about with 'realignment'. In my view, the schizophrenic state of our politics is a direct effect of this misalignment. I'm not sure it makes sense to pitch a tent large enough for neo-cons, social conservatives and libertarians. There's simply not enough binding them together - not even a consistency in opposition to Democrats. Neo-cons foreign policy views, for example, are more closely aligned with mainstream Democrats than with libertarians. And social conservatives are quite happy to have Big Brother telling us how to live as long as he's quoting the bible.

After watching them for thirty-some years, the one thing Republicans have been able to consistently attract independents and moderates with was the limited government ethos. But they've proven entirely unreliable on that issue and, after the Bush fiasco, no one trust them to reverse the trend of bloated government. In the meantime, there are still large portions of the electorate who do want to see smaller government. They just don't see the Republicans as likely to deliver.
I look forward to replying to this this evening. Work isn't going to do itself.

In no state that I've seen did Johnson carry the spread....Which assumes (falsely) that all Johnson votes belong to Romney.

Maybe. But the vote totals for Johnson don't count those who wrote in Paul, or simply didn't vote at all - people who might have voted Republican if they hadn't nominated another douchebag.
Its arguable that the few percent that would've spelled a Romney win sat it out, because of the horrible way both Dr. Paul and Santorum were treated at the RNC.

This one is all on the GOP insider neocon elite.

In some ways I hope you're right, I hope the party that has been in charge, i.e. democrat party doesn't have anyone or anything to blame, other than themselves, when we go over the fiscal cliff. Since they're the ones in power and making all of the decisions and the republican party is marginalized and has nothing to offer, there will be no one else to look too when things go bad. Now is the time to put these theories to the test, I'm all for democratic control and democratic leadership to once and for all put to bed which is the best path to go down. So increase social programs, increase the debt, raise taxes on businesses and the rich, increase reliability on the government for a citizen's every need, and let's see where it takes us. We shouldn't see any more jobs shipped over seas, no more wars, cut the military, we won't need them. I really want to see this utopia that's been promised. My prediction is that it's not going to end well, time will tell. ;)

If there's anything that the Republicans should learn from this election, it's that you can not run as a TEA party Conservative AND a moderate at the same time.

There's only so much flip-flopping that the American people will tolerate.

Guess we'll find out as soon as the sequester cuts begin, won't we?

Its arguable that the few percent that would've spelled a Romney win sat it out, because of the horrible way both Dr. Paul and Santorum were treated at the RNC.

This one is all on the GOP insider neocon elite.

Well I hope that those that chose not to vote or cast their vote to candidates that had no chance of winning, think of their lost votes as they watch prices rise and net worth fall.

"Conservatives"?????

Social or fiscal?

Decide for craps sake, GOP. You cannot be both.

I think you can be both, but which is more important? Liberals have convinced a majority of voters that the 'social' is more important simply because they don't understand the fiscal. The social is easier to explain to the unwashed masses, and they haven't felt the full brunt of the fiscal yet, 'yet' being the key word there. Take the 'war on women' lie, easy to spread, easy for young and uneducated/uninformed voters to understand. When you ask them specifics (cause I have), they can't tell you which rights are in jeapordy, or how they will be in jeapordy, etc.. Take the issue of our national debt with all of it's complexities and try to relay that in an 'easy to understand' message to the masses. It's almost impossible. They won't understand it until they have to live it.

"Conservatives"?????

Social or fiscal?

Decide for craps sake, GOP. You cannot be both.

I think you can be both, but which is more important? Liberals have convinced a majority of voters that the 'social' is more important simply because they don't understand the fiscal. The social is easier to explain to the unwashed masses, and they haven't felt the full brunt of the fiscal yet, 'yet' being the key word there. Take the 'war on women' lie, easy to spread, easy for young and uneducated/uninformed voters to understand. When you ask them specifics (cause I have), they can't tell you which rights are in jeapordy, or how they will be in jeapordy, etc.. Take the issue of our national debt with all of it's complexities and try to relay that in an 'easy to understand' message to the masses. It's almost impossible. They won't understand it until they have to live it.

The only way to educate them is to let them feel the consequences. The Bush tax cuts need to expire for ALL. The payroll tax cut needs to expire for ALL. The few shouldn't have to shoulder the whole burden so that the many can get a free ride. They hired the piper. Let them help pay him.

Forum List

Back