Muslim woman sues Disney because she thinks she's above their rules

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Woman can't wear hijab at Disney, sues | World | News | Toronto Sun

Muslim woman is suing the entertainment giant after she was sent home from her job at Disneyland for wearing a hijab.

Twenty-six-year-old Imane Boudlal has been working in a restaurant at the California theme park for two years but didn't wear a hijab until now. When she decided to wear the traditional head scarf, her boss told her to either take it off or work backstage where the public wouldn't see her. She went home.

Thoughts?

Disney is bigoted and racist.

i live right next to it Willow.....the people that work and go there outside of a few oddballs dont seem to think that....if they were the gays that work there would be having problems....so would the Mexicans and the Blacks.....

Disney should compensate her by providing an all expense paid vacation to EuroDisney.

The French are so much more tolerant on the draping thing...oops...nevermind.

i live right next to it Willow.....the people that work and go there outside of a few oddballs dont seem to think that....if they were the gays that work there would be having problems....so would the Mexicans and the Blacks.....

Come on Harry. I had my tongue implanted firmly in my cheek! Don't you know if Fox sent someone home because they wore a scarf they would be racist? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle: Disney is a leftist corporation and part of the GE conglomerate.. tongue in cheek.

This is the same as those Young Conservatives who loudly sang the National Anthem at the Lincoln Memorial.

As in, manufacturing a fake situation to get a response, so they can then sue over it (Or at least make a big deal).

maybe, but they do have a costume code.

exceptions must be made to accomodate the sensibilities of muslim. get up to speed dear.

they offered her a job backstage or a scarf with their logo on it,the scarf hadnt come in yet so she put her own on....why after 2 years is she all of a sudden a scarf wearing Muslim when she wasnt before?.....when you sign up you agree to their clothing standards,which she did......i dont have any sympathy for her.....

maybe, but they do have a costume code.

exceptions must be made to accomodate the sensibilities of muslim. get up to speed dear.

they offered her a job backstage or a scarf with their logo on it,the scarf hadnt come in yet so she put her own on....why after 2 years is she all of a sudden a scarf wearing Muslim when she wasnt before?.....when you sign up you agree to their clothing standards,which she did......i dont have any sympathy for her.....

same damn reason they want that mosque RIGHT THERE.

If she wore a Buggs Bunny hat it would have been the same results. Now Disney just has to find someone with a religion based on Buggs.

It's Disney's rules. If she doesn't like their rules then she should go work somewhere else.

Disney should compensate her by providing an all expense paid vacation to EuroDisney.

The French are so much more tolerant on the draping thing...oops...nevermind.

Ya think!

On the eve of Bastille Day, marking the birth of France's staunchly secular republic, the vast majority of MPs in the country's National Assembly voted in favour of outlawing the burka and the niqab from French streets, making it the second European country after Belgium to clamp down.

The new law, passed by 335 votes to one, is expected to sail through the Senate in September and be in force by early next year after a six-month explanatory period.

French MPs vote in favour of banning burka - Telegraph

Forum List

Back