msnbc spits on Ohioans for donating food relief

I am just astonished that any offer of charity is mocked by ANYONE. Food can be used to feed the poor people. May not goto the east coast but regardless it is much needed. Moreso than a fucking Obama phone.

Life sustaining gifts and you jackasses mock it. I'm dumbfounded

Cans of food is exactly what the east coast needs right now.

I applaud you for your sarcasm.

The Red Cross wants donations, cash, personal checks, Visa cards, not cans of tuna.

Romney didn't have enough empathy to cancel his political outing so he tried to save face by collecting canned goods that weren't requested in the first place.

The Red Cross needs donations of cash at this time, period.

He looked like a goofball standing on that stage.

That big sign up in the arena telling people how to donate money to the Red Cross was really a vote Romney ad?

The MCC which I donate to on a regular basis collects food, clothing, bedding all the time.

Red Cross is not the only relief agency out there. I personally don't like them because their salaries are so bloody high.

But guess what? They asked for a $10.00 donation too.

Please recall what the Post reported concerning this matter: "Two large TV screens at the front of the venue bore the logo of the American Red Cross and the message: 'Sandy: Support the Relief Effort. Text ’REDCROSS’ to 90999 to make a $10 donation.'"

Read more: MSNBC Ridicules Romney for Collecting Food and Supplies for Sandy Victims | NewsBusters.org

My wife and I work with a local organization that does the same, we handle everything used in a household, plus we have a food bank. Thanks for being active in your area.

And here's to you and your wife as well. It's bizarre to think that to the media the Red Cross is the be all and end all.

Now the MCC that I spoke of is a Mennonite organization and they are amazing with disaster relief and hands on rebuilding of communities that have experienced a natural disaster.

I'm not Mennonite, but I know the good works these people do. And that it's volunteer and there's no CEO making a large salary. We donate a lot of food from our garden as well.

And we have a really amazing shelter for women locally. I have a quizzillion Christmas teddys all around the house waiting to be delivered.:eusa_angel:

I am just astonished that any offer of charity is mocked by ANYONE. Food can be used to feed the poor people. May not goto the east coast but regardless it is much needed. Moreso than a fucking Obama phone.

If you actually read the whole article at Newsbusters I swear Grampa your hair will set on fire and you'll be spitting bullets.

They truly ridiculed Governor Romney. Nasty. Unreal.

Cans of food is exactly what the east coast needs right now.

I applaud you for your sarcasm.

The Red Cross wants donations, cash, personal checks, Visa cards, not cans of tuna.

Romney didn't have enough empathy to cancel his political outing so he tried to save face by collecting canned goods that weren't requested in the first place.

The Red Cross needs donations of cash at this time, period.

He looked like a goofball standing on that stage.

what is the cash for? I think some would be for food.....hences the cans......wow do you have to politicize EVERYTHING.....and if so I cant wait to crush you

MSNBC Ridicules Romney for Collecting Food and Supplies for Sandy Victims | NewsBusters.org

It's one thing to be rich, but it's quite another to be rich and an elitist.

And we wonder why biden and obama's charity giving was so low.

It's because they lack charity.

According to the Red Cross, they prefer donations of cash instead. I am sure there is a good reason for this - Romney didn't have to hold his own charity drive, instead, he could have simply told his supporters to make a donation to the Red Cross.

Its possible that the Red Cross will not accept the donations of food and clothing, and that would be a shame, after all his hard work.

If anyone watched the story, they'd also know the OP has got it wildly wrong.

The Red Cross asked people not to donate cans of food - Romney did it anyway. That is what he was taken to task on.

But of course no one cares if the story is real or not!

who cares if the central planners wanted cash.....they got food, deal with it....we have canned food drives all the time

second to the op, I think the liberals thought they were soldiers

I doubt he will ever say, he does it to satisify himself, not to satisify you.

I need no satisfaction just wanted numbers. He will probably write off the donations from his tax return and the govt. ends up footing the donation. Now that is satisfaction for a rich man.

I wouldn't want a president that didn't know how to handle money, sure he will take a tax break, if you donated you would too, what exactly makes you any better than him.

I use the standard deduction, since I do not make enough for itemized deductions , so no, I don't write off any donations, or the time I donate.

Last edited:

you mean the free phone program that started during the Bush presidency?

The Red Cross says not to give canned goods.

So Romney asks for canned goods.

Romney can't even get hurricane relief right.

Of course Red Cross wants the cash. The CEO of the Red Cross is paid a fortune.:D

And by the way, they had screens up asking for donations. Oh and there are other agencies who would gladly take the donated items.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI&feature=player_embedded]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI&feature=player_embedded]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

The Republican Party...come for the misogyny, stay for the racism.

Of course Red Cross wants the cash. The CEO of the Red Cross is paid a fortune.:D

And by the way, they had screens up asking for donations. Oh and there are other agencies who would gladly take the donated items.

Tiny Dancer -

The Red Cross specificaly asked people not to donate food.

Romney asked people to donate food.

And yet your posts on this thread do not mention this - but attack the media for reporting the story.

Do you consider this to be honst posting?

Forum List

Back