More Rush...why the left is envious...

Love boortz still....

Boortz is great. No holds barred "High Priest Of The Church Of The Painful Truth"
icon14.gif

No kidding. One of his very best was the commencement speech he never gave. It has been e-mailed around the country as the real deal for like forever now, and it was never intended to be anything other than a spoof. But the content is priceless and you would pay good money to have heard it actually delivered:

I am honored by the invitation to address you on this august occasion. It's about time. Be warned, however, that I am not here to impress you; you'll have enough smoke blown your way today. And you can bet your tassels I'm not here to impress the faculty and administration.

You may not like much of what I have to say, and that's fine. You will remember it though. Especially after about 10 years out there in the real world. This, it goes without saying, does not apply to those of you who will seek your careers and your fortunes as government employees.

This gowned gaggle behind me is your faculty. You've heard the old saying that those who can - do. Those who can't - teach. That sounds deliciously insensitive. But there is often raw truth in insensitivity, just as you often find feel-good falsehoods and lies in compassion. Say good-bye to your faculty because now you are getting ready to go out there and do. These folks behind me are going to stay right here and teach.

By the way, just because you are leaving this place with a diploma doesn't mean the learning is over. When an FAA flight examiner handed me my private pilot's license many years ago, he said, 'Here, this is your ticket to learn.' The same can be said for your diploma. Believe me, the learning has just begun.

Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you're a compassionate and caring person, aren't you now? Well, isn't that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a Liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in. Over the next few years, as you begin to feel the cold breath of reality down your neck, things are going to start changing pretty fast .. including your own assessment of just how much you really know.

So here are the first assignments for your initial class in reality:
Pay attention to the news, read newspapers, and listen to the words and phrases that proud Liberals use to promote their causes. Then compare the words of the left to the words and phrases you hear from those evil, heartless, greedy conservatives.

From the Left you will hear "I feel." From the Right you will hear "I think." From the Liberals you will hear references to groups --The Blacks, The Poor, The Rich, The Disadvantaged, The Less Fortunate." From the Right you will hear references to individuals. On the Left you hear talk of group rights; on the Right, individual rights. . . .
snopes.com: Neal Boortz Commencement Speech

Boortz is a master at it, but to Rush's credit, he uses many of the same techniques Boortz is employing here.

Rush is a shock jock...thats all....nothing more nothing less. The man is filled with hate. I don't think he can think objectively anymore...if he ever thought objectively at all.

End of story...he is just trying to make a buck. He is a business man not a patriot.
Yes. Rush is a very well sourced shock jock. But he's a shock jock and entertainer ONLY when it suits his critics. Otherwise he's some sort of moral center and leader and newsmaker and pundit leading a few thousand (in their lying hearts they wish this was all) insane people to certain beliefs, lockstep in an effort to reintroduce slavery for minorities and women in an effort to reestablish a plutocratic patriarchical society that never has nor ever will exist in this nation.

Thank you for proving your screen name is a lie about your actual abilty. I do believe you need to be redubbed "ThinkDoublly". Or "INeverThinkCritically".

Then you'd be honest.

You basically parroted what I said and then told me that i'm not thinking critically....:lol:
No... I was not 'parroting' what you said. I was MOCKING what you said. He's a shock jock? Is he a pundit? Is he a clown? The left can't make up it's mind.

Except for the hate part. They always beleive he's an ever bubbling fountain of hate.

Which of course is a lie. To assume that it's just a stage show and that he doesn't believe anything that he says is absolute stupidity. Not everyone is an astroturfing hack on the right. Even I know that most of the left believe their dog and pony leftism and live it.

Yes. Rush is a very well sourced shock jock. But he's a shock jock and entertainer ONLY when it suits his critics. Otherwise he's some sort of moral center and leader and newsmaker and pundit leading a few thousand (in their lying hearts they wish this was all) insane people to certain beliefs, lockstep in an effort to reintroduce slavery for minorities and women in an effort to reestablish a plutocratic patriarchical society that never has nor ever will exist in this nation.

Thank you for proving your screen name is a lie about your actual abilty. I do believe you need to be redubbed "ThinkDoublly". Or "INeverThinkCritically".

Then you'd be honest.

You basically parroted what I said and then told me that i'm not thinking critically....:lol:
No... I was not 'parroting' what you said. I was MOCKING what you said. He's a shock jock? Is he a pundit? Is he a clown? The left can't make up it's mind.

Except for the hate part. They always beleive he's an ever bubbling fountain of hate.

Which of course is a lie. To assume that it's just a stage show and that he doesn't believe anything that he says is absolute stupidity. Not everyone is an astroturfing hack on the right. Even I know that most of the left believe their dog and pony leftism and live it.

I think he is all of the above, but mostly a shock jock.

What he ISN'T is somebody that should be taken seriously, or at face value.

I think he is all of the above, but mostly a shock jock.

What he ISN'T is somebody that should be taken seriously, or at face value.
So then you're admitting the Sandra Flucke fervor was manufactured to distract from P-BO's HORRID job as president and to try and create (but failed miserably) a wedge issue for liberals during the election?

After all, he's not to be taken seriously OR at face value. Okay, this is exactly the exemplification of the double standard held about him. If he is nothing, why devote any effort to him? Nobody pays attention to a host of conservatives because they're inconsequential. Where's the truth in this? It's not what you said because the evidence is contrary to it.

Last edited:
No. But what an interesting journey you took.

By the way; why did he apologize.
False apologies are common in today's society. So?

Which statement is the lie?

1. Rush is an inconsequential shock jock who should not be taken seriously or at face value?

2. Rush is the leader of the republicans and conservative movement who's opinion can spark hatred across the nation and swing elections?

Which is true? Both cannot be true.

Love boortz still....

Boortz is great. No holds barred "High Priest Of The Church Of The Painful Truth"
icon14.gif

No kidding. One of his very best was the commencement speech he never gave. It has been e-mailed around the country as the real deal for like forever now, and it was never intended to be anything other than a spoof. But the content is priceless and you would pay good money to have heard it actually delivered:

I am honored by the invitation to address you on this august occasion. It's about time. Be warned, however, that I am not here to impress you; you'll have enough smoke blown your way today. And you can bet your tassels I'm not here to impress the faculty and administration.

You may not like much of what I have to say, and that's fine. You will remember it though. Especially after about 10 years out there in the real world. This, it goes without saying, does not apply to those of you who will seek your careers and your fortunes as government employees.

This gowned gaggle behind me is your faculty. You've heard the old saying that those who can - do. Those who can't - teach. That sounds deliciously insensitive. But there is often raw truth in insensitivity, just as you often find feel-good falsehoods and lies in compassion. Say good-bye to your faculty because now you are getting ready to go out there and do. These folks behind me are going to stay right here and teach.

By the way, just because you are leaving this place with a diploma doesn't mean the learning is over. When an FAA flight examiner handed me my private pilot's license many years ago, he said, 'Here, this is your ticket to learn.' The same can be said for your diploma. Believe me, the learning has just begun.

Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you're a compassionate and caring person, aren't you now? Well, isn't that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a Liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in. Over the next few years, as you begin to feel the cold breath of reality down your neck, things are going to start changing pretty fast .. including your own assessment of just how much you really know.

So here are the first assignments for your initial class in reality:
Pay attention to the news, read newspapers, and listen to the words and phrases that proud Liberals use to promote their causes. Then compare the words of the left to the words and phrases you hear from those evil, heartless, greedy conservatives.

From the Left you will hear "I feel." From the Right you will hear "I think." From the Liberals you will hear references to groups --The Blacks, The Poor, The Rich, The Disadvantaged, The Less Fortunate." From the Right you will hear references to individuals. On the Left you hear talk of group rights; on the Right, individual rights. . . .
snopes.com: Neal Boortz Commencement Speech

Boortz is a master at it, but to Rush's credit, he uses many of the same techniques Boortz is employing here.

Thanks for that. I do remember it.

1. Rush is an inconsequential shock jock who should not be taken seriously or at face value?

2. Rush is the leader of the republicans and conservative movement who's opinion can spark hatred across the nation and swing elections?

It depend upon what the Statists are feeling at the moment.

You know what? I am envious of the 600 stations that the RW owners put him on. I'd like to see those same owners put progressive talk on at least half of them.

Oh, that would show balance...can't do that.

I guarantee you that if they put on progressive programs that would pull in the ratings, they would do it. But there's too little audience for a progressive sociopolitical program which is why Air America failed. No audience, no advertisers. Why would anybody want to pay big bucks to advertise on a station during a slot nobody is listening to?

Our local No. 1 station honestly did try. They have now tried four different progressive hosts in very favorable time slots. All four were really good. All four initially enjoyed a good audience but not one of them could keep it; the advertisers refused to have their ads run during that time not because of the content, but because there weren't any listeners But when they put a conservative, even re-runs from some syndicate, into those slots, the ratings shot up. The #2 station in this market area experienced pretty much the same thing.

A whole lot of people who think they are Progressive are bored silly within a short time by progressive radio content. Why? In my opinion they are actually more conservative than progressive. And while they may be more annoyed by some of the content of the Limbaugh program or Hannity program etc., they will hear more there that they can relate to than what they hear that annoys them.

And yet despite being on 40 stations compared to 100 stations, talkers like Thom Hartman, Ed Shultz, Randi Rhodes and Stephanie Miller consistently score in the top of the "Heavy Hundred" of Talkers Magazine. Those shows also consistently beat out their conservative rivals in major markets...like, oh, San Francisco.

And yet, in San Francisco, Clear Channel made the decision to replace their most popular morning show with Glenn Beck. Sorry, but you can't play the "market dictates" card with a move like that. They replaced a radio show from a host that has been selling out venues across the country touring her "Sexy Liberal Show" with Glenn freaking Beck and you're trying to push the "there's no market" meme? Free Market my ass.

Standing up to the right

The free market means that you are free to market your product for whatever profit you can get. If a station replaced somebody with Beck, you can bet your bottom dollar it was a market decision based on the fact that Beck would pull higher ratings and therefore net the station more advertising dollars. That's how the free market works.

On the Heavy Hundred List, you find an exception here and there--most often non political exceptions--the but the top of the list is overwhelmingly dominated by conservative talk radio. Of course Schultz does well in a market like San Francisco that is maybe one of the most left tilted places in the country. Replace one of our local hosts with Schultz, though, and ratings would plummet along with the advertising dollars. I know because they've tried him here. New Mexicans are Democrats mostly out of habit or out of political expediency. The vast majority of the population tilts right of center, however, evidenced by the fact that no progressibve talk show has yet been at all successful here.

The hosts gain their audiences by speaking what people already believe and are hungry to hear and be affirmed in. Deviate too far from that and you lose your audience very quickly.

Last edited:
Whew!!

What....you hate him, because he's Gay.....or, because you find yourself defending....

:eusa_eh:

Just a public service announcement in the interest of this Shaman guy..........lefty pals might want to keep an eye out for this guy after the election. Ive been urging him for 2 years to seek use of Effexor XR, Lexipro or one of the other wonderful OCD related pharmaceuticals on the market right now. Guy is one miserable fuck now...........so imagine after the election. Gonna need some serious support.............has some issues.

Shit.........even the Biker monthlies are concerned...............

biker-6.jpg

1_Cover-3.jpg

100_Biker_121-2.jpg

It is all he has
it just tears him up because

Obama isn't working

Neo bro.........let me tell you something. On election night, I'd pay good $$ to be hanging out with this bozo Shaman. Watching MSNBC by the way. Of all the mental cases on this board, he's the most miserable of the miserable. Can you imagine this fuck on November 8th??:banana:

Sure they can. Why not?

"Rather than continuing to compete in the open marketplace, lefties merely yearn to shut down the other side with sponsor boycotts."

LOL! My bad Rush, for some reason I thought in a free market we'd be free to not buy stuff from people who sponsor you. I apologize oh Great One! Obviously "free market" means I get to decide how to spend my own money within guidelines set by Rush Limbaugh.

Yeah, ignore my post which shows media/picture proof about this so you can keep bitching about how Romney is "going to win". If you want him to win so much, identify his problems and then call for him to make changes as needed. What makes a candidate successful is the ability to compromise on self decisions and do what the people want instead.

---------------------------------------
edit: Wrong thread. Carry on.

Last edited:

But both can be false. :)

That was over a month ago.

This was 6 days ago;

"Rush Limbaugh doesn’t seem to have suffered any loss of stature within the radio industry as a result of the recent Sandra Fluke “slut” controversy.

The most popular syndicated talk-show host in the country also remains the most important, according to the annual “Heavy Hundred” list just released by the trade publication Talkers.

Limbaugh, heard here on WABC (770 AM), remains No. 1, as the top of the Talkers list remains steady from last year."

Rush Limbaugh still tops in talk radio: survey * - New York Daily News

"They ... resent the very existence of a program that’s been wildly successful for 24 years and spawned a powerful conservative talk industry which reaches an overall weekly audience of more than 40 million and which more than 1 in 8 Americans describe as “very credible

Limbaugh’s critics seem unable to accept the fact that many of their fellow citizens actually appreciate the opportunity to listen to his opinions on a regular basis, so rather than persuade those poor benighted souls to listen to something else, they mean to take away the broadcast that they enjoy."

"Rather than continuing to compete in the open marketplace, lefties merely yearn to shut down the other side with sponsor boycotts."

"The logic seems to suggest that since we’re suffering at the moment then at least we can make you suffer too; we may not be able to help the poor but we can certainly hurt the rich.
"This reflects the similarly resentful attitude toward powerful voices in radio. There, the left argues that since we can’t get our own messages out to millions of enthusiastic fans, then the least we can do is to stop Limbaugh and colleagues from imparting their dangerous messages to an immense and eager audience. At this point, the critics of the conservative talk medium seem far more concerned with shutting up right-wing voices than with raising left-wing voices as a constructive alternative."

Rush Limbaugh: Why the Left Is Envious - The Daily Beast

Some people just love being talked down to by an obese junkie.

Bottom line is.........Limbaugh predicted Obama would tank waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in February of 2009.........said his economic polices would be laughable and he'd spend like drunken sailor on crack. Said he was a black liberation theology radical from Chicago who would be anything but transparent. All predictions deadly accurate.

Not bad for an obese junkie.

Rush_Limbaugh_2004_cropped-13.jpg

Last edited:
Bottom line is.........Limbaugh predicted Obama would tank waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in February of 2009.........said his economic polices would be laughable and he'd spend like drunken sailor on crack. Said he was a black liberation theology radical from Chicago who would be anything but transparent. All predictions deadly accurate.

Not bad for an obese junkie.

Rush_Limbaugh_2004_cropped-13.jpg

Really? Cuz you know - if he hadn't pointed out that Obama was black, we might never have noticed.

overall weekly audience of more than 40 million and which more than 1 in 8 Americans describe as “very credible.”

Yup, the same brainwashed morons...We're just sick to death of lying RW demagogue/haters/propagandists ruining the country...

Forum List

Back