More left wing free speech, NPR will end live interviews after Conservative makes host look dumb...

So much for free speech and the free exchange of ideas....the democrats/left wing totalitarians do not want free speech...especially when it is used to show the truth, reality and the difference between right and wrong and good and evil.....

NPR BANS Live Interviews With Conservative After THIS Happens...

So NPR doesn't want to interview people like Alex Jones or somebody from Breitbart. Boo Hoo. I guess they will just have to spread their crazy lies like they always have, through fox.
images

So much for free speech and the free exchange of ideas....the democrats/left wing totalitarians do not want free speech...especially when it is used to show the truth, reality and the difference between right and wrong and good and evil.....

So NPR doesn't want to interview people like Alex Jones or somebody from Breitbart. Boo Hoo. I guess they will just have to spread their crazy lies like they always have, through fox.
images

Its not even that....Its a fake news story that hit 2a right in his butthurt and they know how to get these guys going.

I'm pretty neutral in my analysis of media and I listen to NPR every morning.

I remember this interview. I commented on it a few days after it happened.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I heard NPR interview a representative of of Bannon, Trump and Breitbart. NPR got shredded, absolutely shredded this morning. It was sad.

Here is their yellow journalism. . .

Ex-Breitbart Executive Brings Alt-Right Ties To The White House

And here they actually have someone from Breitbart on, ask him a few questions, and BAM, they get muckraked right on air and try to gloss over it. In fact, they outright LIE to their listeners. It was great.

Breitbart Editor: Trump Strategist Bannon Is Conservative 'National Hero'

POLLAK: I think that we can talk about individual articles out of the tens of thousands at Breitbart. But, you know, NPR is taxpayer-funded and has an entire section of its programming, a regular feature called Code Switch, which from my perspective, is a racist program. I'm looking here at the latest article which aired on NPR calling the election results nostalgia for a whiter America.

So NPR has racial and racist programming...

INSKEEP: Well, let's just...

POLLAK: ...That I am required - I am required to pay for as a taxpayer.

INSKEEP: Well, let me just mention...

POLLAK: So, you know, you can read Breitbart, or you can read something else. I don't think that's racist to talk about the history of the Confederate flag. There are people who disagree with that as a symbol, but you're picking on one opinion article. Breitbart is a 24-hour news website that provides coverage from within a conservative role...

INSKEEP: Because we've got a limited amount of time, I do have to stop you there. We'll just check a couple of facts. Local public radio stations do receive a small percentage of their funding from the government, and Code Switch has explored race and ethnicity from a wide variety of viewpoints. And as we've said, having a wide variety of viewpoints is fine as long as you're checking your facts.

NPR2.jpg

Federal, State, and Local Gov. come from taxes. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CBP) receives tax payer money. Universities receive tax payer money. Who knows where the 7.6% other is coming from, because when you go to NPR's funding source, the page is missing. http://www.npr.org/about/aboutnpr/publicradiofinances.html

My suspicion is the "Other" are from federal grants through the CPB to the
National Minority Consortia
NMC funds film and media makers, presents works on public television and other venues, exhibits films and videos, and distributes works to schools and libraries. Funded groups include:

http://www.cpb.org/grants/other-funding-sources

I would hardly call 28-35% of their funding "a small percentage of their funding from the government." Added to that, the rest is coming from the establishment businesses, foundations, and liberal elite that make up the establishment.

That is not reported anywhere else except the Right wingosphere.

It's reported here, that should be good enough for you.

UPDATE: In a post responding to critics of the segment, NPR ombudsman Elizabeth Jensen acknowledged that the “framing of the Morning Edition interview was problematic, starting as it did with ‘Let's hear a defense of Steve Bannon.’” Moving forward, Jensen recommended that interviews of white nationalists like Bannon “should not be done live.” Even in pre-recorded future interviews, Jensen stressed the need for NPR to “pay absolute attention that the questions asked are rigorous, the headlines and framing well thought through and the language very clear and precise from the beginning.”
NPR Lets Breitbart Editor Downplay His Site's White Nationalist, Anti-LGBTQ Extremism

In addition, in my opinion, these interviews should not be done live. Inskeep is an excellent live interviewer, but live interviews are difficult, especially when there is limited time. A little contextualizing never hurts. It worked for the Spencer interview, to my mind, and NPR also did the same this summer with Inskeep's interview with David Duke, the former Ku Klux Klan leader who was then running for U.S. Senate in Louisiana. The Duke interview drew similar criticisms, but I defended it, partly because I thought it was put into context well.

My broad takeaway? I know the many listeners who wrote will disagree, but I believe there should be no topic off limits for NPR, and that it is important to hear from people directly, so one can know exactly where they are coming from. But going forward, when tackling such deeply serious topics, NPR needs to pay absolute attention that the questions asked are rigorous, the headlines and framing well thought through and the language very clear and precise from the beginning.
Listeners: Two Recent Interviews Are 'Normalizing Hate Speech'

It was reported here numb nuts. And it was reported here first.

Here

18dxucugyzujcjpg.jpg

Now that I reported this here go forth with your new knowledge and tell the world
You just can't stand being wrong, can you? :badgrin:

I'm not...I just reported that and since thats the bar for you, this also is true because I reported it here. Thats all it takes

Here

18dxucugyzujcjpg.jpg

Now that I reported this here go forth with your new knowledge and tell the world

I'm not...I just reported that and since thats the bar for you, this also is true because I reported it here. Thats all it takes

So. . . you say no one is reporting this outside conservative media, yet I prove that NPR and Media Matters tell you this is the new reality (see post #10) . . . and your reaction is. . .
tumblr_n6g8s30HNc1sjd8gao1_500.gif

Nice.

It was reported by Right wing idiots here.

If you think someone that studies Political Science and only tells the truth is a "Right wing Idiot" maybe you believe the Right wing adheres more to the truth? Perhaps you should change your political affiliation if you think a person needs to be one or the other. :badgrin:

Frankly, I think both the right wing and left wing are blind fools who play pawns to exactly what the establishment wants them to. Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the folks that Trump has been packing his cabinet with.

Drain the swamp, my ass.

images

Its not even that....Its a fake news story that hit 2a right in his butthurt and they know how to get these guys going.

Listeners: Two Recent Interviews Are 'Normalizing Hate Speech'
On Morning Edition, Steve Inskeep conducted what I found to be a contentious live interview with Joel Pollak, senior editor-at-large for Breitbart News (some found it not contentious enough).

Blog: NPR ombudsman: No more live interviews with conservatives

Why is it a fake news story?

How do you go through life lying to yourself?

Here

18dxucugyzujcjpg.jpg

So. . . you say no one is reporting this outside conservative media, yet I prove that NPR and Media Matters tell you this is the new reality (see post #10) . . . and your reaction is. . .
tumblr_n6g8s30HNc1sjd8gao1_500.gif

Nice.

"This new reality"? Go on and instead of being cute tell everyone and quote for them this "new reality" you claim that proves the OP correct.

Go on...and when you cant then I've owned both you and him with phony news and phony links.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Dont get shy now:badgrin::badgrin:

You guys are quoting fake news and backing it with more fake news to claim its not fake news....Its a circle of bull lol

FYI

NPR gets just 5% of their revenues from state, local and federal GOVT tax monies
Thank you for confirming that NPR is a tax payer funded organization.

This is a toggle yes/no kind of thing, not a gray scale.

If they take tax dollars they need to commit to a better standard of journalism than the kind of shit the New York Times does.

Forum List

Back