More Economic GOOD NEWS: Americans Net Worth UP 1.3%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rightwinger, Mar 11, 2010.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,282
    Net worth climbs as stocks recover, rises 1.3% in 4Q - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — American households saw their wealth increase at the end of last year, mainly because the healing economy boosted stock portfolios.
    The Federal Reserve said Thursday that household net worth rose 1.3% in the fourth quarter to $54.2 trillion. It marked the third straight quarter of gains. Net worth rose 4.5% in the second quarter of 2009 and an even stronger 5.5% in the third quarter.

Net worth is the value of assets such as homes, checking accounts and investments minus debts like mortgages and credit cards.

Even with the gain, Americans' net worth would have to rise an additional 21% to get back to its pre-recession peak of $65.9 trillion. That shows the vast loss of wealth people have suffered from the worst downturn since the 1930s

So the Net Worth of Americans have gone up 11.3% in the last three quarters of 2009. This translates to an increase of over $6 trillion in the last year.

It should be noted that Americans lost $18 trillion in net worth in the last years of the Bush administration

How is that "Hopey/Changey" working out for ya??

2. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    My net worth gained the entire time under Bush too... did not dip once, really... but that is because of my financial decisions, not what any President is really doing... I could just as easily be losing net worth under Obama as I am gaining it

3. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Thank God for Obama... he has saved us all through his brilliant stewardship and policies.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,282
    This is about the country and not Dave.

The economic recession caused Americans to lose $18 trillion in personal wealth. That is the value of their homes, 401Ks, investments minus their debts.

That $18 trillion is more than the current national debt ($12 trillion).

In the last three quarters of 2009 we regained $6 trillion of that loss. That is real money for real Americans

Definitely ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    The faulty thinking is having a value to a home before it is sold... you don't lose money or value to do try and do something against the value

Not all 401K's lost

Not all increased debt

Not all stocks lost

Again... this is about numerous personal net worths.. which can go up or down all on their own regardless of who is president

6. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,282
    Why fight ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS Dave??

We are talking about a composite increase in wealth of $6 trillion for Americans not individual cases. The end result was a net increase in wealth of 11.3%

Now thats GOOD NEWS....anyway you cut it

7. Soggy in NOLA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Exactly. I have no debt other than a mortgage which is a fixed one, and my investments are well-balanced. I am actually still better off today.

I guess my fiscal sanity makes me evil. I must have done this at some one else's expense.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816

Because this is not inherently tied to what the government is doing... as you are trying to portray it to be... as stated, no matter who is president people can and will go up or down all on their own on their own personal net worth

9. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    My networth went down so what do you say to that?

10. Soggy in NOLA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Anyway, the market will tank.. big time later this year. And the same Bozo's that are heavily invested in the market for LT will watch their increases vaporize. It is a suckers market, for most.

BANK ON IT.