More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

Because if you take the bible at face value, its nonsense comes pouring out at you?
the cattle on a thousand hills proclaim the glory of the Lord.....because the cattle on hill #1001 are atheists......

---
And the cattle on hill #1002 are agnostics ...
And the cattle on hill #1003 are Hindu ...
And the cattle on hill #1004 are Buddhists ...
And the cattle on hill #1005 are Jews ...
And the cattle on hill #1006 are Sikhists ...
And the cattle on hill #1007 are Shintoists ...
And the cattle on hill #1008 are Taoists ...
And the cattle on hill #1009 are Aboriginal ...
And the cattle on hill #1010 are Muslim Sunni Hanafi ...
And the cattle on hill #1011 are Muslim Sunni Hanbali ...
And the cattle on hill #1012 are Muslim Sunni Maliki ..
And the cattle on hill #1013 are Muslim Shia Ismaili ...
And the cattle on hill #1014 are Muslim Shia Jafari ...
And the cattle on hill #1015 are Muslim Ibadi ...
And ...
And ...
And ...
And ALL the cattle become hamburgers when they die!

Praise the glory of the Lord!
Amen.
:bsflag:

Because if you take the bible at face value, its nonsense comes pouring out at you?
the cattle on a thousand hills proclaim the glory of the Lord.....because the cattle on hill #1001 are atheists......

---
And ...
And ...
And ...

Amen.
lol.....I have to admit.....when you miss a point you miss it in a massive way........

So now you believe in talking cattle? :lol:
???.....ah, another point-misser.....no child, my statement was intended to demonstrate why it is foolish to take the Bible literally at every word........unfortunately, you seem to think its necessary even there.....

besides, which is more unbelievable.....talking cattle or rational atheists.....

---
And ...
And ...
And ...

Amen.
lol.....I have to admit.....when you miss a point you miss it in a massive way........

---
Apparently, my counterpoint flew over your head.
:dunno:

???.....ah, another point-misser.....no child, my statement was intended to demonstrate why it is foolish to take the Bible literally at every word........unfortunately, you seem to think its necessary even there.....

besides, which is more unbelievable.....talking cattle or rational atheists.....

or an irrational christian ...

C'mon, can't your invisible magician make cattle talk? :lol:

---
And ...
And ...
And ...

Amen.

---
Apparently, my counterpoint flew over your head.
:dunno:
Still is.....what was your counter point.......I'm having trouble imagining a relevant one......

yes, I agree.....that WOULD be unbelievable......

to what end?.......to impress mindless atheists?.....

I thought your bible magician friend could do anything?

but did you think he should do everything?......

He doesn't, he has his gofer Jesus.

Post: no child, my statement was intended to demonstrate why it is foolish to take the Bible literally at every word.....

He doesn't, he has his gofer Jesus.
He IS Jesus, child.....

How is it rational to pretend we don't have an experience with God when we clearly do? You may as well pretend I don't exist while you are talking to me. What you are expecting makes that little sense.
It's self-delusion. I've been on this earth for a long time and have never had contact with "god". Not that I'm wouldn't be willing, it's just never happened. You're going to say that I have to go looking for god, or something like that, meaning that I really have to want to believe and then sort of self-hypnotize myself to some of the dumbest shit ever written.

Lol. Self delusion? Because I suggest you have to get off your butt and seek after knowledge about God instead of doing nothing and expecting it to be handed to you? Seriously??

How do you obtain any knowledge without working to understand it? Do you think you can just understand calculus without an effort? Biology? Physics? History?

And yet you expect to just be handed the mysteries of Eternity with no effort whatsoever.

The laws for obtaining knowledge and wisdom require effort on our part. If you think it's self delusion to educate yourself than you are seriously missing out on a lot of truth. And since the truth sets you free, you are in bondage. And you can only free yourself as quickly as you obtain knowledge. The truth God is the most fundamental of those truths because it will empower you to learn all others as well as teach you to empower your life.

Till then you are in darkness as are countless others. And you will remain so until you grasp the iron rod and walk into the light of the Lord. Eat the fruit of the tree of life. Choose light and not darkness. It's up to you.
So I have to study a bunch of stuff written by men to find God. You do realize that that makes no sense, it's like saying that to know whether a tree is real or not, you can't touch it to see, but rather have to study some random book to find out if the tree is real or not.

Like I said, to learn something you need to seek it out and think it through. The fact that you refuse to do so makes you ignorant. While you pretend it makes you an expert.

There isn't a single person who becomes an expert on any topic without working to become so. Why are you pretending to be exempt from this natural law?
What "natural law"? WTF is that? :dunno:
I don't need to become an expert on trees to be able to tell if they're real or not. And I don't seem to need a book to threaten me with eternal fire if I don't tithe.

The natural laws of the universe which regulate everything. Science is based on it. All knowledge is.

And yet you will never learn a tree is real unless you put in the effort to observe and understand what it is.

Seriously, you need to work on reading comprehension of you think that was an intelligent comeback to what he said. Or did you really think he was saying he was ordained by saying he would get a certificate from an ordained minister verifying he was a real Christian?

How can you willfully remain ignorant and pretend you are educated? What is so difficult about trying to understand something even if you don't believe it.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Islam. That doesn't stop me from trying to learn about Muslims or treating them with respect.

You don't want people to think you are a fool? Then stop opening your mouth and demonstrating you are one. Someone needs to tell you the truth or you have no hope of ever realizing it and fixing the problem.
Like I said, I never get more insulted than when I enter a religion thread with so called Christians. I'm starting to think that maybe Jesus was obnoxious as well and you're just following his teachings? No heaven for you, dude.

Again how is quoting what you said about yourself insulting you? Why do expect to have people let you walk all over them when you come in acting like an ignorant ass?

If you say stupid things you are going to be called on it. how else are you ever going to learn?
The point is that you can't come back with anything more intelligent than I'm an un-educated ignorant fool, and that's only your last post! It's childish, either come back to me with solid arguments or shut the fuck up.

Does it bother you at all that you just called yourself childish? Or do you consider yourself justified in saying others are unintelligent while getting upset when you think people aware doing the same to you?
Does it bother you that you misunderstood my simple post? :D

Problem is I'm not the one who didn't realize what you were saying.

Jesus was not a liberal/ lefty....he did not believe in taking money from one person and giving it to another.

---
I'm curious, how do you know what Jesus of Nazareth believed 2,000 years ago?
Are you ASSuming someone else knew who wrote about him, yet never met him?

The same way the guy who posted this post knows about him.

---
In other words, no one nowadays knows what Jesus of Nazareth believed about modern day political views, and anyone pretending to know what Jesus believed 2000 years ago is just that ... a pretender.

Why would anyone need to pretend to know what Jesus.thought when they can read His teachings and ask Him?

---
Have you read ANYTHING that Jesus himself wrote?
Have you met or conversed with Jesus?
Do you see images and hear voices in your head about Jesus that you believe exist outside your brain?

The only "yes" answer you may have is to the 3rd question.

Yes to read. Yes to converse. No to the last.

Forum List

Back