Moody's Predicts Democrat Landslide

Today's Federal Reserve Beige Book: The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.

The US Economy is kicking ass & Obama could win a third term.

Right, I bet you grabbed that bullshit tidbit from another liberal brainwash outlet. Ha ha ha:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! - The Federal Reserve is a "liberal brainwash outlet" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does the number reflect the 30 million out of work and no longer looking? :cuckoo:

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force.

...But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring. Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

The incredible shrinking labor force

Nice try liar! But the first Baby Boomer reached early retirement age in mid 2008 & full SS retirement in 2011. So stop trying to blow smoke up our ass, we ain't gay like you.

Today's Federal Reserve Beige Book: The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.

Right, I bet you grabbed that bullshit tidbit from another liberal brainwash outlet. Ha ha ha:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! - The Federal Reserve is a "liberal brainwash outlet" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does the number reflect the 30 million out of work and no longer looking? :cuckoo:

Get off your fat ass & get a job! We need more workers & fewer government tit sucking slackers posting lies on message boards! There are not 30 million looking for work. Baby Boomers are to old to work & retiring. Bush destroyed 14 million jobs, Obama has created or recovered 6 million jobs.

fredgraph.png

Ok so you agree that Obama is responsible for 30 million jobless people. They just need to get off their fat asses. And same with the record number of blacks out of work...get of their fat asses. What a great humanitarian you are. Ha ha ha.

Wrong idiot liar. Bush is responsible for the massive destruction of US jobs Obama is responsible for creating over 6 million jobs. It's not fast or easy to bring discouraged workers to fight their way back into the workforce, but Obama is getting it done adding over 250,000 jobs each month in the face of retiring Boomers.

The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment

The Big Lie:

Here's something that many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.

There's another reason why the official rate is misleading. Say you're an out-of-work engineer or healthcare worker or construction worker or retail manager: If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least $20 -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find -- in other words, you are severely underemployed -- the government doesn't count you in the 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

There's no other way to say this. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.

And it's a lie that has consequences, because the great American dream is to have a good job, and in recent years, America has failed to deliver that dream more than it has at any time in recent memory. A good job is an individual's primary identity, their very self-worth, their dignity -- it establishes the relationship they have with their friends, community and country. When we fail to deliver a good job that fits a citizen's talents, training and experience, we are failing the great American dream.

Gallup defines a good job as 30+ hours per week for an organization that provides a regular paycheck. Right now, the U.S. is delivering at a staggeringly low rate of 44%, which is the number of full-time jobs as a percent of the adult population, 18 years and older. We need that to be 50% and a bare minimum of 10 million new, good jobs to replenish America's middle class.

I hear all the time that "unemployment is greatly reduced, but the people aren't feeling it." When the media, talking heads, the White House and Wall Street start reporting the truth -- the percent of Americans in good jobs; jobs that are full time and real -- then we will quit wondering why Americans aren't "feeling" something that doesn't remotely reflect the reality in their lives. And we will also quit wondering what hollowed out the middle class.
You dare say that after you post this trash?

The people are feeling it. Business is up. Sales are up. Home values are back. See what happens when we manufacture more? Michigan and the surrounding states are doing better. And I remember when I knew lots of people who were displaced after the bush great recession.

Listen you dishonest or stupid fool. Back then our 401k and home values plummeted. Companies like Hewlett Packard were cutting 25,000 jobs. Can you show us that all the nations corporations are slashing jobs? I don't think you can.

And corporate profits are thru the roof. Are you realizing trickle down doesn't work?

I would agree with you the middle class should be doing better but you would disagree with me on the solution.

I love loser Republicans like you who got screwed by the GOP but you blame Democrats. All I can do is offer you the same advice you offered people who lost they're jobs back in 2007. Go back to school or start your own business.

Article is posted by Gallup, an unbiased source unlike the liberal commie anti capitalistic crap coming from your source. Do you deny the fact that 30 million and more are out of work and stopped looking? Do you deny that black crime and unemployment is at record highs? Do you deny that a record number of people are on give assistance programs. But oh, let's just regurgitate some govt. concocted bullshit just so Obama can look as if he's actually accomplished something.

GALLUP OPINION PIECE? LOL

by Jim Clifton

MORON

Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO at Gallup

I'll take chairman and CEO of Gallup anytime over Daily Kos Kunt commie rag you copy and paste from. :clap2:

Fox news is the only non democrat news on TV / Cable
You don't get NewsMaxTV? How about Bloomberg? How about CNBC?

Your satellite radio has Bloomberg or CNBC? I do get Bloomberg at home, but I never watch it, and they rarely report news.
We're talking about TV, dope, not radio.

My DirecTV gets NewsMaxTV, Bloomberg HD, CNBC, 700 Club, FoxNews, Fox Business, CNBC World, RFD-TV.

All conservative channels.
Half those channels don't come on cable TV ie CNBC World, the other ones like 700 club aren't even in the news lineup, it's religious based channel. Keep up with the times, many people are listening to satellite radio now in their cars, it is the new trend.. Does your beat up 71 Chevy come with satellite radio?

romney is as moderate as milktoast

What's wrong with a reasonable moderate? Maybe cutting the shit out of everything isn't the right path to take....Ever thought of that!
romney is as moderate as milktoast

What's wrong with a reasonable moderate? Maybe cutting the shit out of everything isn't the right path to take....Ever thought of that!
I look at historical results.

History says you are wrong and leftist are wrong.

considering that leftist preach about education, they must know this. So why do you support ideas that you know will make our economy worse and lie to people about it?

Get off hate talk radio and grow a fukkn brain dummy!
Harding (R) had to deal with a depression, he cut Fed taxes and spending in 1/2, the depression ended in 18 month and lead to the Roaring 20's.
fdr (D) had to deal with a depression, he upped Fed spending and increased taxes, the depression turned into the Great Depression and lasted 10 years, there was no economic boom.

you can look up all this yourself, and then you can explain why you still support fdr-obamas bad ideas.

ANOTHER right wing talking point about to get demolished:

1921 and All That

Every once in a while I get comments and correspondence indicating that the right has found an unlikely economic hero: Warren Harding. The recovery from the 1920-21 recession supposedly demonstrates that deflation and hands-off monetary policy is the way to go.

But have the people making these arguments really looked at what happened back then? Or are they relying on vague impressions about a distant episode, with bad data, that has been spun as a confirmation of their beliefs?

OK, I’m not going to invest a lot in this. But even a cursory examination of the available data suggests that 1921 has few useful lessons for the kind of slump we’re facing now.

Brad DeLong has recently written up a clearer version of a story I’ve been telling for a while (actually since before the 2008 crisis) — namely, that there’s a big difference between inflation-fighting recessions, in which the Fed squeezes to bring inflation down, then relaxes — and recessions brought on by overstretch in debt and investment. The former tend to be V-shaped, with a rapid recovery once the Fed relents; the latter tend to be slow, because it’s much harder to push private spending higher than to stop holding it down.

And the 1920-21 recession was basically an inflation-fighting recession — although the Fed was trying to bring the level of prices, rather than the rate of change, down. What you had was a postwar bulge in prices, which was then reversed:

fredgraph.png

Money was tightened, then loosened again:

fredgraph.png

Discount rates are a problematic indicator, but here’s what happened to commercial paper rates:

harding2.jpg
Historical statistics, Millennial edition
And so there was a V-shaped recovery:

harding1.jpg

The deflation may have helped by increasing the real money supply — at least Meltzer thinks so (pdf) — but if so, the key point was that the economy was nowhere near the zero lower bound, so there was plenty of room for the conventional monetary channel to work.

All of this has zero relevance to an economy in our current situation, in which the recession was brought on by private overstretch, not tight money, and in which the zero lower bound is all too binding.

So do we have anything to learn from the macroeconomics of Warren Harding? No.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/1921-and-all-that/?_r=0

Harding/Coolidge handled the 1920's so well, they allowed the credit bubble to explode (like the 1870's, Ronnie's S&L And Dubya's subprime) Weird right Bubs?
That got laughed at last time you posted it.

fdr truned a depression into the only Great Depression
obama extended the 2008 recession to today

obama copied fdr

move along child, the adults are talking

The Big Lie:

Here's something that many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.

There's another reason why the official rate is misleading. Say you're an out-of-work engineer or healthcare worker or construction worker or retail manager: If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least $20 -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find -- in other words, you are severely underemployed -- the government doesn't count you in the 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

There's no other way to say this. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.

And it's a lie that has consequences, because the great American dream is to have a good job, and in recent years, America has failed to deliver that dream more than it has at any time in recent memory. A good job is an individual's primary identity, their very self-worth, their dignity -- it establishes the relationship they have with their friends, community and country. When we fail to deliver a good job that fits a citizen's talents, training and experience, we are failing the great American dream.

Gallup defines a good job as 30+ hours per week for an organization that provides a regular paycheck. Right now, the U.S. is delivering at a staggeringly low rate of 44%, which is the number of full-time jobs as a percent of the adult population, 18 years and older. We need that to be 50% and a bare minimum of 10 million new, good jobs to replenish America's middle class.

I hear all the time that "unemployment is greatly reduced, but the people aren't feeling it." When the media, talking heads, the White House and Wall Street start reporting the truth -- the percent of Americans in good jobs; jobs that are full time and real -- then we will quit wondering why Americans aren't "feeling" something that doesn't remotely reflect the reality in their lives. And we will also quit wondering what hollowed out the middle class.

The people are feeling it. Business is up. Sales are up. Home values are back. See what happens when we manufacture more? Michigan and the surrounding states are doing better. And I remember when I knew lots of people who were displaced after the bush great recession.

Listen you dishonest or stupid fool. Back then our 401k and home values plummeted. Companies like Hewlett Packard were cutting 25,000 jobs. Can you show us that all the nations corporations are slashing jobs? I don't think you can.

And corporate profits are thru the roof. Are you realizing trickle down doesn't work?

I would agree with you the middle class should be doing better but you would disagree with me on the solution.

I love loser Republicans like you who got screwed by the GOP but you blame Democrats. All I can do is offer you the same advice you offered people who lost they're jobs back in 2007. Go back to school or start your own business.

Article is posted by Gallup, an unbiased source unlike the liberal commie anti capitalistic crap coming from your source. Do you deny the fact that 30 million and more are out of work and stopped looking? Do you deny that black crime and unemployment is at record highs? Do you deny that a record number of people are on give assistance programs. But oh, let's just regurgitate some govt. concocted bullshit just so Obama can look as if he's actually accomplished something.
I could argue evey word you wrote all day but why bother? Will it make you smarter or be a waste of my time

I know you are wrong. I know why you are wrong. And telling you has never convinced you so why explain it again. You vote jeb I'll vote hillary and hillary wins. Goodnight.

What makes you think I'll vote Jeb? You'll vote Hillary because you are a cool aid drinker that votes for party, not country. I am neither republican or democrat. I voted for Clinton and then for Reagan. Obama is bad news, he is the exact opposite of Bill Clinton,, and the radicals that belong in the asylum have taken over the democrat party.
Sounds like how I describe the GOP.

If you liked bill you'll vote hillary then?

The Big Lie:

I could argue evey word you wrote all day but why bother? Will it make you smarter or be a waste of my time

I know you are wrong. I know why you are wrong. And telling you has never convinced you so why explain it again. You vote jeb I'll vote hillary and hillary wins. Goodnight.

What makes you think I'll vote Jeb? You'll vote Hillary because you are a cool aid drinker that votes for party, not country. I am neither republican or democrat. I voted for Clinton and then for Reagan. Obama is bad news, he is the exact opposite of Bill Clinton,, and the radicals that belong in the asylum have taken over the democrat party.
I think you'll vote jeb, no, I KNOW you will because you're dumb enough to think Obama and Carter were bad.

Good idea you're not going to win anyway.
Of course I'M not gonna' win, I'M not a candidate. But I WILL make a prediction:

The article said that it would be a huge Democrat victory unless things change from now till election day so, I predict the Republicans will have a HUGE victory UNLESS, things change before election day.
How did you do in 2012?

Not surprised that Old Rocks doesn't get it. He seldom does.

Here's another prediction: Old Rocks will be banned by 2016.

Unless things change then all bets are off.

Does that help?

Your satellite radio has Bloomberg or CNBC? I do get Bloomberg at home, but I never watch it, and they rarely report news.

My DirecTV gets NewsMaxTV, Bloomberg HD, CNBC, 700 Club, FoxNews, Fox Business, CNBC World, RFD-TV.

Half those channels don't come on cable TV ie CNBC World, the other ones like 700 club aren't even in the news lineup, it's religious based channel. Keep up with the times, many people are listening to satellite radio now in their cars, it is the new trend.. Does your beat up 71 Chevy come with satellite radio?
Most people get their news from TV, not radio.

And I'm sorry you have such a shitty cable lineup.

Yes, 700 Club is religion, but it is also conservative news. During their news segments, are they espousing Liberal views? Hell no. Even though Jesus was a Liberal.

RFD-TV is an agricultural culture channel, but their news segments are also conservative. They just love those farm subsidies that conservatives pass each year.

The Big Lie:

Of course not. She's also a radical and a professional liar like Obama. She showed who she is during Bill Clinton's presidency and of course while serving under Obama as possibly the worst Secretary of State. Let's not forget that she and Obama got in front of the Cameras and lied to the America about Ben Ghazi. That alone would have been the end of both their careers had it not been for the media pushing it under the rug.

Of course not. She's also a radical and a professional liar like Obama. She showed who she is during Bill Clinton's presidency and of course while serving under Obama as possibly the worst Secretary of State. Let's not forget that she and Obama got in front of the Cameras and lied to the America about Ben Ghazi. That alone would have been the end of both their careers had it not been for the media pushing it under the rug.
Worse than Condi Rice? LOL.

You republicans always trying to push Rush's narrative. So cute.

But it's working. Even my dad who liked Hillary was saying the other day she's not trustworthy. So your witch hunt is working. I'll be glad if Bernie Sanders wins but I'll take Biden or Gore.

You guys are the liars. You guys said the economy was fine back when Bush was president when we all knew it wasn't and you say the economy sucks now that Obama is pres. If McCain or Romney were president you'd be putting their busts on Mt. Rushmore for getting us out of the Bush great recession.

Best August auto sales since 2003 surprise industry

Most people get their news from TV, not radio.

And I'm sorry you have such a shitty cable lineup.

Yes, 700 Club is religion, but it is also conservative news. During their news segments, are they espousing Liberal views? Hell no. Even though Jesus was a Liberal.

RFD-TV is an agricultural culture channel, but their news segments are also conservative. They just love those farm subsidies that conservatives pass each year.

Do you actually watch 700 club? Ha ha ha. My cable lineup is great I have everything, and I actually have CNBC but again, It's a lot like Bloomberg, it's primary focus is business and it isn't watched, or at least I never do. And of course non of these business channels are as dominant as the leftist run mainstream media, nor do they broadcast the news much. It's always boring stocks and financial analysts. Who even watches that crap.

I don't know about you, but every car I've owned came with satellite radio for the last 15 years, and I'm usually listening to music and sports channels while driving. Like I said it's the new trend. Satellite radio ads are going up and they're very expensive, because they reach a national audience.

You guys are the liars. You guys said the economy was fine back when Bush was president when we all knew it wasn't and you say the economy sucks now that Obama is pres. If McCain or Romney were president you'd be putting their busts on Mt. Rushmore for getting us out of the Bush great recession.

Oil goes down, people buy cars. And oil is predicted to go even lower, so people will buy even more. Send the Saudis and gulf nations a gift.

Oil goes down, people buy cars. And oil is predicted to go even lower, so people will buy even more. Send the Saudis and gulf nations a gift.
Thanks Obama for regulating things properly. I wonder if oil speculators are still jacking up the cost of oil still like they were during the Bush years. If you had an SUV they were costing you an extra $40 a fill up and a small car $25. Oil speculators on Wallstreet. Sorry to bash the corporations you worship more than god.

Worse than Condi Rice? LOL.

You republicans always trying to push Rush's narrative. So cute.

But it's working. Even my dad who liked Hillary was saying the other day she's not trustworthy. So your witch hunt is working. I'll be glad if Bernie Sanders wins but I'll take Biden or Gore.

If anybody other than Hillary becomes the nominee it's game over for the Dems. Sanders is an admitted socialist, and Biden served as Obama's VP which everyone is trying to disassociate themselves from.

It's time for a republican to step in and fix some of the Obamas fuckups. Unfortunately, this is how the presidential election cycle works. It's corrective. Every 4 or 8 years someone from the opposing party steps in and swings the country hard right or hard left. Not often we see presidents like Reagan who attracted many Democrats or Clinton who attracted many republicans.

Last edited:
And these models are never wrong ...

Our Moody's Analytics election model now predicts a Democratic electoral landslide in the 2016 presidential vote. A small change in the forecast data in August has swung the outcome from the statistical tie predicted in July, to a razor-edge ballot outcome that nevertheless gives the incumbent party 326 electoral votes to the Republican challenger's 212.

Just three states account for the change in margin, with Ohio, Florida and Colorado swinging from leaning Republican to leaning Democrat. The margin of victory in each of these important swing states is still solidly within the margin of error though, and will likely swing back and forth in Moody's monthly updates ahead, underlining the closeness of the election to come. Furthermore, three of the candidates for the Republican nomination enjoy favorite-son status in Ohio or Florida, potentially making the outcome of those important states even more unpredictable.
Democrats to Win in a Landslide in 2016, According to Moody's Election Model

MUST SAVE HILLARY...

cb090315dAPR20150903124516.jpg

Forum List

Back