Moody's Predicts Democrat Landslide

I could argue evey word you wrote all day but why bother? Will it make you smarter or be a waste of my time

I know you are wrong. I know why you are wrong. And telling you has never convinced you so why explain it again. You vote jeb I'll vote hillary and hillary wins. Goodnight.

What makes you think I'll vote Jeb? You'll vote Hillary because you are a cool aid drinker that votes for party, not country. I am neither republican or democrat. I voted for Clinton and then for Reagan. Obama is bad news, he is the exact opposite of Bill Clinton,, and the radicals that belong in the asylum have taken over the democrat party.
Sounds like how I describe the GOP.

If you liked bill you'll vote hillary then?

Of course not. She's also a radical and a professional liar like Obama. She showed who she is during Bill Clinton's presidency and of course while serving under Obama as possibly the worst Secretary of State. Let's not forget that she and Obama got in front of the Cameras and lied to the America about Ben Ghazi. That alone would have been the end of both their careers had it not been for the media pushing it under the rug.
You guys are the liars. You guys said the economy was fine back when Bush was president when we all knew it wasn't and you say the economy sucks now that Obama is pres. If McCain or Romney were president you'd be putting their busts on Mt. Rushmore for getting us out of the Bush great recession.

Best August auto sales since 2003 surprise industry

Oil goes down, people buy cars. And oil is predicted to go even lower, so people will buy even more. Send the Saudis and gulf nations a gift.

No shit bro:

Lower oil prices to boost global auto sales 1.5%, forecast says

N.A. sales to gain most from windfall
TOKYO -- Falling oil prices could support 1.5 percent of global auto sales through 2019, with the biggest windfalls coming in North America, IHS Automotive said in a new forecast.

The outlook, offered during a conference here today, translates to as many as 7 million more cars sold than would have been if oil prices had remained high and stable, and all other factors remained constant.

“There is an upside opportunity with lower oil prices,” said Mark Fulthorpe, director of light-vehicle forecasts. “There are 5 million to 7 million units that could be directly affected.”

Do Oil Prices Affect The Auto Industry?

Lower Oil Prices Fueling Demand for Automobiles
As gasoline is a petroleum-based product, price changes in crude oil directly affect its price. A decrease in the price of gasoline means automobile owners have more disposable income to use for other purchases. Owners who may have been trying to stretch out the lifetime of their vehicle may just decide that the extra income they save from lower fuel prices can be used to finance the purchase of a new vehicle now. For those who were unable to afford the expenses of vehicle ownership, depressed fuel prices makes driving a lot cheaper and consequently, vehicle ownership becomes much more attractive. (For more, see: Companies Affected Most By Low Oil Prices.)

Read more: Do Oil Prices Affect The Auto Industry?

Last edited:
Today's Federal Reserve Beige Book: The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.

The US Economy is kicking ass & Obama could win a third term.

Right, I bet you grabbed that bullshit tidbit from another liberal brainwash outlet. Ha ha ha:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! - The Federal Reserve is a "liberal brainwash outlet" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does the number reflect the 30 million out of work and no longer looking? :cuckoo:

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force.

...But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring. Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

The incredible shrinking labor force

Nice try liar! But the first Baby Boomer reached early retirement age in mid 2008 & full SS retirement in 2011. So stop trying to blow smoke up our ass, we ain't gay like you.

I get it Bubba, you are a moron that can't read. Shocking

The ‘demographics’ story

But a number of economists are arguing that the recession is distracting people from the real story — long-run demographic trends that have nothing to do with the current economy. Baby boomers are starting to retire en masse, which means that there are fewer eligible American workers.

Demographics have always played a big role in the rise and fall of the labor force. Between 1960 and 2000, the labor force in the United States surged from 59 percent to a peak of 67.3 percent.
That was largely due to the fact that more women were entering the labor force while improvements in health and information technology allowed Americans to work more years.

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force.

...But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring
. (YOU KNOW SOME RETIRE BEFORE HITTING 65 RIGHT BUBBA?)

Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

In a March report titled “Dispelling an Urban Legend,” Dean Maki, an economist at Barclays Capital, found that demographics accounted for a majority of the drop in the participation rate since 2002.

The incredible shrinking labor force

Today's Federal Reserve Beige Book: The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.

The US Economy is kicking ass & Obama could win a third term.

Right, I bet you grabbed that bullshit tidbit from another liberal brainwash outlet. Ha ha ha:

The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment

The Big Lie:

Here's something that many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.

There's another reason why the official rate is misleading. Say you're an out-of-work engineer or healthcare worker or construction worker or retail manager: If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least $20 -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find -- in other words, you are severely underemployed -- the government doesn't count you in the 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

There's no other way to say this. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.

And it's a lie that has consequences, because the great American dream is to have a good job, and in recent years, America has failed to deliver that dream more than it has at any time in recent memory. A good job is an individual's primary identity, their very self-worth, their dignity -- it establishes the relationship they have with their friends, community and country. When we fail to deliver a good job that fits a citizen's talents, training and experience, we are failing the great American dream.

Gallup defines a good job as 30+ hours per week for an organization that provides a regular paycheck. Right now, the U.S. is delivering at a staggeringly low rate of 44%, which is the number of full-time jobs as a percent of the adult population, 18 years and older. We need that to be 50% and a bare minimum of 10 million new, good jobs to replenish America's middle class.

I hear all the time that "unemployment is greatly reduced, but the people aren't feeling it." When the media, talking heads, the White House and Wall Street start reporting the truth -- the percent of Americans in good jobs; jobs that are full time and real -- then we will quit wondering why Americans aren't "feeling" something that doesn't remotely reflect the reality in their lives. And we will also quit wondering what hollowed out the middle class.
You dare say that after you post this trash?

The people are feeling it. Business is up. Sales are up. Home values are back. See what happens when we manufacture more? Michigan and the surrounding states are doing better. And I remember when I knew lots of people who were displaced after the bush great recession.

Listen you dishonest or stupid fool. Back then our 401k and home values plummeted. Companies like Hewlett Packard were cutting 25,000 jobs. Can you show us that all the nations corporations are slashing jobs? I don't think you can.

And corporate profits are thru the roof. Are you realizing trickle down doesn't work?

I would agree with you the middle class should be doing better but you would disagree with me on the solution.

I love loser Republicans like you who got screwed by the GOP but you blame Democrats. All I can do is offer you the same advice you offered people who lost they're jobs back in 2007. Go back to school or start your own business.

Article is posted by Gallup, an unbiased source unlike the liberal commie anti capitalistic crap coming from your source. Do you deny the fact that 30 million and more are out of work and stopped looking? Do you deny that black crime and unemployment is at record highs? Do you deny that a record number of people are on give assistance programs. But oh, let's just regurgitate some govt. concocted bullshit just so Obama can look as if he's actually accomplished something.

GALLUP OPINION PIECE? LOL

by Jim Clifton

MORON

Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO at Gallup

I'll take chairman and CEO of Gallup anytime over Daily Kos Kunt commie rag you copy and paste from. :clap2:

LOL, Sure Bubs, OPINION piece WITHOUT any background? Hint I think the point he was making, despite RECORD Corp profits, a unbelievably low Corp tax rate on large multinationals in the 12% range, labor costs less than half of a Biz cost, they STILL ARE NOT PAYING ENOUGH WAGES TO PEOPLE. Weird right?

What's wrong with a reasonable moderate? Maybe cutting the shit out of everything isn't the right path to take....Ever thought of that!
What's wrong with a reasonable moderate? Maybe cutting the shit out of everything isn't the right path to take....Ever thought of that!
I look at historical results.

History says you are wrong and leftist are wrong.

considering that leftist preach about education, they must know this. So why do you support ideas that you know will make our economy worse and lie to people about it?

Get off hate talk radio and grow a fukkn brain dummy!
Harding (R) had to deal with a depression, he cut Fed taxes and spending in 1/2, the depression ended in 18 month and lead to the Roaring 20's.
fdr (D) had to deal with a depression, he upped Fed spending and increased taxes, the depression turned into the Great Depression and lasted 10 years, there was no economic boom.

you can look up all this yourself, and then you can explain why you still support fdr-obamas bad ideas.

ANOTHER right wing talking point about to get demolished:

1921 and All That

Every once in a while I get comments and correspondence indicating that the right has found an unlikely economic hero: Warren Harding. The recovery from the 1920-21 recession supposedly demonstrates that deflation and hands-off monetary policy is the way to go.

But have the people making these arguments really looked at what happened back then? Or are they relying on vague impressions about a distant episode, with bad data, that has been spun as a confirmation of their beliefs?

OK, I’m not going to invest a lot in this. But even a cursory examination of the available data suggests that 1921 has few useful lessons for the kind of slump we’re facing now.

Brad DeLong has recently written up a clearer version of a story I’ve been telling for a while (actually since before the 2008 crisis) — namely, that there’s a big difference between inflation-fighting recessions, in which the Fed squeezes to bring inflation down, then relaxes — and recessions brought on by overstretch in debt and investment. The former tend to be V-shaped, with a rapid recovery once the Fed relents; the latter tend to be slow, because it’s much harder to push private spending higher than to stop holding it down.

And the 1920-21 recession was basically an inflation-fighting recession — although the Fed was trying to bring the level of prices, rather than the rate of change, down. What you had was a postwar bulge in prices, which was then reversed:

fredgraph.png

Money was tightened, then loosened again:

fredgraph.png

Discount rates are a problematic indicator, but here’s what happened to commercial paper rates:

harding2.jpg
Historical statistics, Millennial edition
And so there was a V-shaped recovery:

harding1.jpg

The deflation may have helped by increasing the real money supply — at least Meltzer thinks so (pdf) — but if so, the key point was that the economy was nowhere near the zero lower bound, so there was plenty of room for the conventional monetary channel to work.

All of this has zero relevance to an economy in our current situation, in which the recession was brought on by private overstretch, not tight money, and in which the zero lower bound is all too binding.

So do we have anything to learn from the macroeconomics of Warren Harding? No.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/1921-and-all-that/?_r=0

Harding/Coolidge handled the 1920's so well, they allowed the credit bubble to explode (like the 1870's, Ronnie's S&L And Dubya's subprime) Weird right Bubs?
That got laughed at last time you posted it.

fdr truned a depression into the only Great Depression
obama extended the 2008 recession to today

obama copied fdr

move along child, the adults are talking

Got it ,you live and breath the right wing echo chamber, no room for REAL facts or truth

What makes you think I'll vote Jeb? You'll vote Hillary because you are a cool aid drinker that votes for party, not country. I am neither republican or democrat. I voted for Clinton and then for Reagan. Obama is bad news, he is the exact opposite of Bill Clinton,, and the radicals that belong in the asylum have taken over the democrat party.

Of course not. She's also a radical and a professional liar like Obama. She showed who she is during Bill Clinton's presidency and of course while serving under Obama as possibly the worst Secretary of State. Let's not forget that she and Obama got in front of the Cameras and lied to the America about Ben Ghazi. That alone would have been the end of both their careers had it not been for the media pushing it under the rug.
You guys are the liars. You guys said the economy was fine back when Bush was president when we all knew it wasn't and you say the economy sucks now that Obama is pres. If McCain or Romney were president you'd be putting their busts on Mt. Rushmore for getting us out of the Bush great recession.

Best August auto sales since 2003 surprise industry

Oil goes down, people buy cars. And oil is predicted to go even lower, so people will buy even more. Send the Saudis and gulf nations a gift.

No shit bro:

N.A. sales to gain most from windfall
TOKYO -- Falling oil prices could support 1.5 percent of global auto sales through 2019, with the biggest windfalls coming in North America, IHS Automotive said in a new forecast.

The outlook, offered during a conference here today, translates to as many as 7 million more cars sold than would have been if oil prices had remained high and stable, and all other factors remained constant.

“There is an upside opportunity with lower oil prices,” said Mark Fulthorpe, director of light-vehicle forecasts. “There are 5 million to 7 million units that could be directly affected.”

Do Oil Prices Affect The Auto Industry?

Lower Oil Prices Fueling Demand for Automobiles
As gasoline is a petroleum-based product, price changes in crude oil directly affect its price. A decrease in the price of gasoline means automobile owners have more disposable income to use for other purchases. Owners who may have been trying to stretch out the lifetime of their vehicle may just decide that the extra income they save from lower fuel prices can be used to finance the purchase of a new vehicle now. For those who were unable to afford the expenses of vehicle ownership, depressed fuel prices makes driving a lot cheaper and consequently, vehicle ownership becomes much more attractive. (For more, see: Companies Affected Most By Low Oil Prices.)

Read more: Do Oil Prices Affect The Auto Industry?

AND we don't even have Dubya saying go out and spend, buy a SUV or the GOP giving tax credits for large trucks/SUV's lol, the fukkn morons!

I could argue evey word you wrote all day but why bother? Will it make you smarter or be a waste of my time

I know you are wrong. I know why you are wrong. And telling you has never convinced you so why explain it again. You vote jeb I'll vote hillary and hillary wins. Goodnight.

Worse than Condi Rice? LOL.

You republicans always trying to push Rush's narrative. So cute.

But it's working. Even my dad who liked Hillary was saying the other day she's not trustworthy. So your witch hunt is working. I'll be glad if Bernie Sanders wins but I'll take Biden or Gore.

If anybody other than Hillary becomes the nominee it's game over for the Dems. Sanders is an admitted socialist, and Biden served as Obama's VP which everyone is trying to disassociate themselves from.

It's time for a republican to step in and fix some of the Obamas fuckups. Unfortunately, this is how the presidential election cycle works. It's corrective. Every 4 or 8 years someone from the opposing party steps in and swings the country hard right or hard left. Not often we see presidents like Reagan who attracted many Democrats or Clinton who attracted many republicans.
Just like the Greeks didn't care the guy running was a socialist, the people in America won't care when they realize what being a socialist means. It means you don't want corporations to rule. It means you value your government. It doesn't mean you are anti capitalism. Just not unregulated free market capitalism is just as dirty an ism as all the others.

But it's working. Even my dad who liked Hillary was saying the other day she's not trustworthy. So your witch hunt is working. I'll be glad if Bernie Sanders wins but I'll take Biden or Gore.

If anybody other than Hillary becomes the nominee it's game over for the Dems. Sanders is an admitted socialist, and Biden served as Obama's VP which everyone is trying to disassociate themselves from.

It's time for a republican to step in and fix some of the Obamas fuckups. Unfortunately, this is how the presidential election cycle works. It's corrective. Every 4 or 8 years someone from the opposing party steps in and swings the country hard right or hard left. Not often we see presidents like Reagan who attracted many Democrats or Clinton who attracted many republicans.
Oh now you guys liked Bill? Back then he was a socialist. See, you guys fling these words around too much.

And these models are never wrong ...

Our Moody's Analytics election model now predicts a Democratic electoral landslide in the 2016 presidential vote. A small change in the forecast data in August has swung the outcome from the statistical tie predicted in July, to a razor-edge ballot outcome that nevertheless gives the incumbent party 326 electoral votes to the Republican challenger's 212.

Just three states account for the change in margin, with Ohio, Florida and Colorado swinging from leaning Republican to leaning Democrat. The margin of victory in each of these important swing states is still solidly within the margin of error though, and will likely swing back and forth in Moody's monthly updates ahead, underlining the closeness of the election to come. Furthermore, three of the candidates for the Republican nomination enjoy favorite-son status in Ohio or Florida, potentially making the outcome of those important states even more unpredictable.
Democrats to Win in a Landslide in 2016, According to Moody's Election Model

MUST SAVE HILLARY...

cb090315dAPR20150903124516.jpg
A terrorist won't make the middle class disappear.

And these models are never wrong ...

Our Moody's Analytics election model now predicts a Democratic electoral landslide in the 2016 presidential vote. A small change in the forecast data in August has swung the outcome from the statistical tie predicted in July, to a razor-edge ballot outcome that nevertheless gives the incumbent party 326 electoral votes to the Republican challenger's 212.

Just three states account for the change in margin, with Ohio, Florida and Colorado swinging from leaning Republican to leaning Democrat. The margin of victory in each of these important swing states is still solidly within the margin of error though, and will likely swing back and forth in Moody's monthly updates ahead, underlining the closeness of the election to come. Furthermore, three of the candidates for the Republican nomination enjoy favorite-son status in Ohio or Florida, potentially making the outcome of those important states even more unpredictable.
Democrats to Win in a Landslide in 2016, According to Moody's Election Model

MUST SAVE HILLARY...

cb090315dAPR20150903124516.jpg
A terrorist won't make the middle class disappear.

Nope but CONservative/GOP policy is working on it!

obama copied fdr

Biggest Lie Ever!
I backed my claim up with history, you got nothing.

fdr and obama upped spending
fdr and obama upped taxes
fdr and obama created a program that added to the debt
fdr and obama slowed recovery with their idiotic ideas

you stand corrected by facts

obama copied fdr

Biggest Lie Ever!

FDR and Obama fixed the worst Republican economic disasters of their era

Last edited:

Just like the Greeks didn't care the guy running was a socialist, the people in America won't care when they realize what being a socialist means. It means you don't want corporations to rule. It means you value your government. It doesn't mean you are anti capitalism. Just not unregulated free market capitalism is just as dirty an ism as all the others.

Damn, did you just use GREECE as an example?! You did, didn't you? Ha ha ha.

obama copied fdr

Biggest Lie Ever!

by making it worse and last longer than it should have.

history tells us, clearly, that cutting taxes and spending brings depressions-recessions to much quicker ends.

obama has a college degree and hire people with degrees, so they should have known history

Oh now you guys liked Bill? Back then he was a socialist. See, you guys fling these words around too much.

Oh OK, Bill Clinton was a socialist president. Greatest business environment and capitalistic administration in the 20 century. What exactly is in that coolaid that you guys are drinking?

obama copied fdr

Biggest Lie Ever!

history tells us, clearly, that cutting taxes and spending brings depressions-recessions to much quicker ends.

obama has a college degree and hire people with degrees, so they should have known history

Obama is an inexperienced radical moron, a product of socialistic, anti capitalist, anti american indoctrination that occurs in universities across the US.

That's why the first thing he did as president was go on an apology tour. He recently insulted the British by returning Churchill's bust, a gift given by the British which has been in the White House for decades. That alone tells you a lot about his ideology.

obama copied fdr

Biggest Lie Ever!

Republican alternative realities do not substitute for facts

Cutting taxes and escalating spending results in massive debt......little else

obama copied fdr

Biggest Lie Ever!

Yep, FDR listened to YOU deficit scolds sin 1937, cut spending 10% AND put US back into the GOP great depression!!

At this point, it almost feels like overkill to pile on austerity advocates. I mean, we’re in 2014, six years after the Great Recession really got revved up, and tight-fisted Europe is still suffering from a raging unemployment problem. I thankfully haven’t read any stories about Greek families burning their furniture for heat lately. But the fact that central bankers are desperately trying to ward off deflation and give the eurozone’s economy a kick with negative interest rates should tell you how things have turned out after the world's great experiment in belt-tightening.

Still, I wanted to share this chart from Ben Wolcott at the Center for Economic and Policy Research. Consider it an elegant tombstone for the austerity adventures of the past few years. The bottom axis measures how much each government cut spending and raised taxes after 2010. The left axis measures how the employment rate changed.

wolcott20140609.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

As Wolcott puts it: “This image very crisply suggests what Keynesians have been arguing in more nuanced ways for four years, namely that many countries cut fiscal spending too soon, prolonging the negative impacts of the Great Recession for workers.” It's not a perfect trend—Britain retrenched about as much as Spain and hasn't suffered nearly so terribly. But nobody is suggesting fiscal policy is the only factor at play. And the pattern is clear enough.

But wait, what if all austerity isn’t the same? As it happens, the Heritage Foundation has released a new report that’s a sort of last stand for fiscal masochism. And even it can’t muster much. Here’s a telling quote from the intro:

While not all fiscal adjustments lead to economic expansion, spending-based adjustments are less recessionary than those achieved through tax increases. When successful spending-based adjustments were not expansionary, they were associated with mild and short-lived recessions, while tax increases failed to reduce the debt and were associated with large recessions.

In other words, tax hikes are a terrible idea. Spending cuts are sometimes a good idea. But sometimes they lead to recessions. Heritage got a dream team of devoted austerians together, and this is the absolute best they could come up with.

It would be funny if so many people weren't suffering thanks to their ideas.

The Failure of Austerity, in a Chart

Oh OK, Bill Clinton was a socialist president. Greatest business environment and capitalistic administration in the 20 century. What exactly is in that coolaid that you guys are drinking?

FLASHBACK: In 1993, GOP Warned That Clinton’s Tax Plan Would ‘Kill Jobs,’ ‘Kill The Current Recovery’

The Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are scheduled to expire at the end of the year, and President Obama, just as he did on the campaign trail, has proposed renewing the cuts for all but those in the highest two income tax brackets, allowing tax rates for the wealthiest two percent of Americans to reset to the rate at which they were under President Clinton.

Republicans, however, want to renew all of the cuts, and have been apoplectic about Obama’s plan, claiming that it will kill jobs and cripple small businesses. “This is about stopping a job-killing tax hike on small businesses during tough economic times,” said Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT). “You can’t raise taxes in the middle of a weak economy without risking a double dip in the recession,” said House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH).

If these warnings about double-dip recessions and job-killing tax increases sound vaguely familiar, that’s because they are. TaxVox yesterday pointed to a couple of quotes from Republicans in 1993 employing very similar rhetoric as today’s Republicans, with then Senate Minority leader Bob Dole (R-KS), claiming that “half the tax increase because of the rate increases is going to be paid by small business and they’re not rich,” which is the same false argument employed by today’s Senate Minority Leader, Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

Here is just some of the rhetoric employed by Republicans in 1993 to fearmonger about Clinton’s tax increases (there’s more below the fold):

Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-GA), February 2, 1993: We have all too many people in the Democratic administration who are talking about bigger Government, bigger bureaucracy, more programs, and higher taxes. I believe that that will in fact kill the current recovery and put us back in a recession. It might take 1 1/2 or 2 years, but it will happen. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bill Archer (R-TX), May 24, 1993: I would much rather be here today supporting the President and I would do so if his proposals could expect to increase jobs and the standard of living for Americans, but I believe his massive tax increases will do just the opposite. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-GA), July 13, 1993: Small businesses generate the bulk of this Nation’s new jobs. And they will be the hardest hit by the Clinton tax-and-spend budget. Because, when you raise taxes, you kill jobs. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Christopher Cox (R-CA), May, 27, 1993: This is really the Dr. Kevorkian plan for our economy. It will kill jobs, kill businesses, and yes, kill even the higher tax revenues that these suicidal tax increasers hope to gain. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H2949)

Of course, far from bringing the Doomsday of which Republicans were warning, Clinton’s policies ushered in the longest sustained period of economic growth in the nation’s history, with 23 million jobs created. Compared to the administration of George W. Bush, the Clinton-era saw more job growth, more GDP growth, more wage growth, and more business investment. Incomes grew under Clinton but fell under Bush, while poverty did the opposite, falling under Clinton but increasing under Bush.

Oh, and Clinton balanced the budget for the first time since 1969. On May 27, 1993, Rep. Robert Michel (R-IL) said “[Americans] will remember who set loose this dreadful virus into the economic bloodstream of our nation.” If only we could have a “dreadful virus” of that sort today. More quotes below the jump.:

Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-GA), February 2, 1993: We have all too many people in the Democratic administration who are talking about bigger Government, bigger bureaucracy, more programs, and higher taxes. I believe that that will in fact kill the current recovery and put us back in a recession. It might take 1 1/2 or 2 years, but it will happen. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bill Archer (R-TX), May 24, 1993: I would much rather be here today supporting the President and I would do so if his proposals could expect to increase jobs and the standard of living for Americans, but I believe his massive tax increases will do just the opposite. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-GA), July 13, 1993: Small businesses generate the bulk of this Nation’s new jobs . And they will be the hardest hit by the Clinton tax-and-spend budget. Because, when you raise taxes, you kill jobs. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. Thomas Ewing (R-IL), February 21, 1993: The Clinton plan will hurt the economy and kill new job creation…By crippling small- and medium-sized businesses, the plan will kill jobs. (Congressional Record, 1993, Thomas)

Rep. John Kasich (R-OH), August 5, 1993: Do you know what? This is now your package. We will come back here next year and try to help you when this puts the economy in the gutter. And virtually every major economic estimating firm in this country says your bill is going to kill jobs. (Congressional Record 1993, Page: H6249)

Rep. Robert Dornan (R-CA), August 5, 1993: The problem with our economy is that there is too little employment and too little growth. This plan will do nothing to improve that condition and will actually make it worse. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H6148)

Rep. Christopher Cox (R-CA), May, 27, 1993: This is really the Dr. Kevorkian plan for our economy. It will kill jobs, kill businesses, and yes, kill even the higher tax revenues that these suicidal tax increasers hope to gain. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H2949)

Rep. Jim Ramstad (R-MN), March 17, 1993: These new taxes will stifle economic growth, destroy jobs, reduce revenues, and increase the deficit. Economists across the ideological spectrum are convinced that the Clinton tax increases will lead to widespread job loss. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H1355)

Rep. Phil Crane (R-IL), March 18, 1993: The budget proposal offered by the Democrats is a recipe for economic and fiscal disaster…It proposes to increase taxes at a time when we have a fragile economy–higher taxes will only stifle job creation and economic growth.(Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H1454)

Rep. Dick Armey (R-TX), August 2, 1993: The impact on job creation is going to be devastating, and the American young people in particular will suffer a fairly substantial deferment of their lives because there simply won’t be jobs for the next two to three years to go around to our young graduates across the country. (CNN)

Rep. Joel Hefley (R-CO), August 4, 1993: However Clinton wants to spin his tax plan, the bottom line is this: It will raise your taxes, increase the deficit, and kill over 1 million jobs. (Congressional Record, 1993, Page: H5745)

Forum List

Back