Moody's Predicts Democrat Landslide

Hard to believe Republicans are still strutting around boasting about taking Congress

The Do Nothing Congress is one of the worst in history in its inability to accomplish anything

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force.

Demographics have always played a big role in the rise and fall of the labor force. Between 1960 and 2000, the labor force in the United States surged from 59 percent to a peak of 67.3 percent. That was largely due to the fact that more women were entering the labor force while improvements in health and information technology allowed Americans to work more years.

But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring. Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

In a March report titled "Dispelling an Urban Legend," Dean Maki, an economist at Barclays Capital, found that demographics accounted for a majority of the drop in the participation rate since 2002

The incredible shrinking labor force

The Spectacular Myth of Obama's Part-Time America—in 5 Graphs
A falsifiable claim, falsified

Feb 7, 2014

The first thing you would expect to see from a Part-Time America is that the number of part-time jobs added would rival the number of full-time jobs added. But in the last year, new full-time jobs outnumbered part-time jobs by 1.8 million to 8,000. For every new part-time job, we're creating 225 full-time positions.

Okay, but one year is just one year! Let's keep looking.

The second thing we should expect to see from Part-Time America is a growing number of part-time jobs since Obama came into office and started passing laws. Here's a graph showing the number of people working part-time for economic reasons since March 2010, the month Obamacare was passed.

Screen%20Shot%202014-02-07%20at%2010.08.02%20AM.png

Huh, nothing there. In fact, the number part-time workers has fallen in the last four years.

Okay, well, raw numbers can be deceiving. After all, the labor force has declined since 2010. So let's graph these part-time workers as a share of the labor force. Surely that will show a rising line...

... dang it.

Maybe I'm being unfair. Three years of data just isn't much context. So let's draw back the lens and look at part-time workers as a share of the labor force since, say, 1980...

... and then compare it to the unemployment rate (in RED) since 1980.

Okay, now here's something: Part-time work, as a share of the economy, is historically high. But these graphs don't make the point that Obama, or long-term global economic trends, are driving the rise in non-voluntary part-time work. Instead, the rise of part-time work seem to be 100 percent the creation of economic downturns. That's why it seems to be holding hands with unemployment, riding the roller coaster up during recessions, and down during recoveries.

But what about part-time employment for non-economic reasons? The story here is short and sweet: There is no story here. The share of Americans working part-time for personal reasons—they're in school; they're raising kids; they're ill—is flat and trending down, according to the San Francisco Fed.

2013-24-3.png

The Spectacular Myth of Obama's Part-Time America—in 5 Graphs

lol

Conservatives just ignore facts and reality. They have "faith" that their ideology is correct.

But oh wait, it's "The Atlantic"! Another liberal garbage propaganda mouth piece. Ha ha ha.

toilet-paper-clip-art-563868.jpg

Really, real federal data is propaganda. Wow.

I'll trust the actual number of people out of work that have stopped looking...30 million...than concocted numbers by the same govt. administration that sent the IRS to go after members of the opposing party. Tsk tsk, using the IRS as a weapon. Democrats have no shame or respect for anything. More election fraud committed by the fraudster we have as president.
Political hack

Good job showing that you totally don't give a shit about the 30 million out of work. I guess the truth doesn't have any value to you. Speaking of political hacks.
What should the government do to get those people working? What's your 5-10 point plan?

Today's Federal Reserve Beige Book: The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.

The US Economy is kicking ass & Obama could win a third term.

Right, I bet you grabbed that bullshit tidbit from another liberal brainwash outlet. Ha ha ha:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! - The Federal Reserve is a "liberal brainwash outlet" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get off your fat ass & get a job! We need more workers & fewer government tit sucking slackers posting lies on message boards!

Last edited:
Hard to believe Republicans are still strutting around boasting about taking Congress

The Do Nothing Congress is one of the worst in history in its inability to accomplish anything
I have to say I'm glad they aren't passing cuts or holding the country hostage like the teabaggers did. We haven't heard the word debt ceiling in some time.

I like boehner and McConnell quiet.

Today's Federal Reserve Beige Book: The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.

Right, I bet you grabbed that bullshit tidbit from another liberal brainwash outlet. Ha ha ha:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! - The Federal Reserve is a "liberal brainwash outlet" :lol: :lol: :lol:

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg

Politics+1169.jpg

The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment

The Big Lie:

Here's something that many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.

There's another reason why the official rate is misleading. Say you're an out-of-work engineer or healthcare worker or construction worker or retail manager: If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least $20 -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find -- in other words, you are severely underemployed -- the government doesn't count you in the 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

There's no other way to say this. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.

And it's a lie that has consequences, because the great American dream is to have a good job, and in recent years, America has failed to deliver that dream more than it has at any time in recent memory. A good job is an individual's primary identity, their very self-worth, their dignity -- it establishes the relationship they have with their friends, community and country. When we fail to deliver a good job that fits a citizen's talents, training and experience, we are failing the great American dream.

Gallup defines a good job as 30+ hours per week for an organization that provides a regular paycheck. Right now, the U.S. is delivering at a staggeringly low rate of 44%, which is the number of full-time jobs as a percent of the adult population, 18 years and older. We need that to be 50% and a bare minimum of 10 million new, good jobs to replenish America's middle class.

I hear all the time that "unemployment is greatly reduced, but the people aren't feeling it." When the media, talking heads, the White House and Wall Street start reporting the truth -- the percent of Americans in good jobs; jobs that are full time and real -- then we will quit wondering why Americans aren't "feeling" something that doesn't remotely reflect the reality in their lives. And we will also quit wondering what hollowed out the middle class.
You dare say that after you post this trash?

The people are feeling it. Business is up. Sales are up. Home values are back. See what happens when we manufacture more? Michigan and the surrounding states are doing better. And I remember when I knew lots of people who were displaced after the bush great recession.

Listen you dishonest or stupid fool. Back then our 401k and home values plummeted. Companies like Hewlett Packard were cutting 25,000 jobs. Can you show us that all the nations corporations are slashing jobs? I don't think you can.

And corporate profits are thru the roof. Are you realizing trickle down doesn't work?

I would agree with you the middle class should be doing better but you would disagree with me on the solution.

I love loser Republicans like you who got screwed by the GOP but you blame Democrats. All I can do is offer you the same advice you offered people who lost they're jobs back in 2007. Go back to school or start your own business.

Article is posted by Gallup, an unbiased source unlike the liberal commie anti capitalistic crap coming from your source. Do you deny the fact that 30 million and more are out of work and stopped looking? Do you deny that black crime and unemployment is at record highs? Do you deny that a record number of people are on give assistance programs. But oh, let's just regurgitate some govt. concocted bullshit just so Obama can look as if he's actually accomplished something.

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg

Politics+1169.jpg

LOL Even the stupid meme you produced calls Krudman a "quotable liberal".

No more questions, your honor.

Harding (R) had to deal with a depression, he cut Fed taxes and spending in 1/2, the depression ended in 18 month and lead to the Roaring 20's.
fdr (D) had to deal with a depression, he upped Fed spending and increased taxes, the depression turned into the Great Depression and lasted 10 years, there was no economic boom.

you can look up all this yourself, and then you can explain why you still support fdr-obamas bad ideas.

The Great Depression was caused by the lax economic policies started by Harding and Cooledge.
By the time FDR came in, the Depression had been raging for three years

Like Obama found out, you don't fix a Republucan economic crisis overnight

Yep, second biggest hole since he first GOP great depression, though the CONservatives had a doozy in the 1870's too!
The last time, it was twenty years before the next Republican got elected

This time, it may be forty years

More republicans elected to the House and Senate in 2014 since the WWII.

TALK ABOUT HOLES. Ha ha ha.

Conservatives just ignore facts and reality.

GOP Memo: Gerrymandering Won Us The House Majority

Senate Democratic minority snagged 20 million more votes than GOP majority

Daily Kos! Damn, one commie toilet paper after another. I can't wait to see what garbage you'll quote from next.

The Big Lie:

Here's something that many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.

There's another reason why the official rate is misleading. Say you're an out-of-work engineer or healthcare worker or construction worker or retail manager: If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least $20 -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find -- in other words, you are severely underemployed -- the government doesn't count you in the 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

There's no other way to say this. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.

And it's a lie that has consequences, because the great American dream is to have a good job, and in recent years, America has failed to deliver that dream more than it has at any time in recent memory. A good job is an individual's primary identity, their very self-worth, their dignity -- it establishes the relationship they have with their friends, community and country. When we fail to deliver a good job that fits a citizen's talents, training and experience, we are failing the great American dream.

Gallup defines a good job as 30+ hours per week for an organization that provides a regular paycheck. Right now, the U.S. is delivering at a staggeringly low rate of 44%, which is the number of full-time jobs as a percent of the adult population, 18 years and older. We need that to be 50% and a bare minimum of 10 million new, good jobs to replenish America's middle class.

I hear all the time that "unemployment is greatly reduced, but the people aren't feeling it." When the media, talking heads, the White House and Wall Street start reporting the truth -- the percent of Americans in good jobs; jobs that are full time and real -- then we will quit wondering why Americans aren't "feeling" something that doesn't remotely reflect the reality in their lives. And we will also quit wondering what hollowed out the middle class.

The people are feeling it. Business is up. Sales are up. Home values are back. See what happens when we manufacture more? Michigan and the surrounding states are doing better. And I remember when I knew lots of people who were displaced after the bush great recession.

Listen you dishonest or stupid fool. Back then our 401k and home values plummeted. Companies like Hewlett Packard were cutting 25,000 jobs. Can you show us that all the nations corporations are slashing jobs? I don't think you can.

And corporate profits are thru the roof. Are you realizing trickle down doesn't work?

I would agree with you the middle class should be doing better but you would disagree with me on the solution.

I love loser Republicans like you who got screwed by the GOP but you blame Democrats. All I can do is offer you the same advice you offered people who lost they're jobs back in 2007. Go back to school or start your own business.

Article is posted by Gallup, an unbiased source unlike the liberal commie anti capitalistic crap coming from your source. Do you deny the fact that 30 million and more are out of work and stopped looking? Do you deny that black crime and unemployment is at record highs? Do you deny that a record number of people are on give assistance programs. But oh, let's just regurgitate some govt. concocted bullshit just so Obama can look as if he's actually accomplished something.

GALLUP OPINION PIECE? LOL

by Jim Clifton

MORON

Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO at Gallup

The Great Depression was caused by the lax economic policies started by Harding and Cooledge.
By the time FDR came in, the Depression had been raging for three years

Like Obama found out, you don't fix a Republucan economic crisis overnight

Yep, second biggest hole since he first GOP great depression, though the CONservatives had a doozy in the 1870's too!

Daily Kos! Damn, one commie toilet paper after another. I can't wait to see what garbage you'll quote from next.

FoxCult.jpg

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg

Politics+1169.jpg

LOL Even the stupid meme you produced calls Krudman a "quotable liberal".

No more questions, your honor.

22495756_128806582017671085_xlarge.jpeg

But oh wait, it's "The Atlantic"! Another liberal garbage propaganda mouth piece. Ha ha ha.

toilet-paper-clip-art-563868.jpg

I'll trust the actual number of people out of work that have stopped looking...30 million...than concocted numbers by the same govt. administration that sent the IRS to go after members of the opposing party. Tsk tsk, using the IRS as a weapon. Democrats have no shame or respect for anything. More election fraud committed by the fraudster we have as president.
Political hack

Good job showing that you totally don't give a shit about the 30 million out of work. I guess the truth doesn't have any value to you. Speaking of political hacks.

You know what happens when you have a very static and simplistic view of a very dynamic and complex system? You find yourself being wrong almost all the time.

Today's TB/GOPers Can't win on ideas. So they lie, cheat and distort

Oh so when you have a record number 30 million who have stopped looking for work, record number of blacks out of work and involved in criminal activity, and a record number of Americans totally dependant on the U.S. Govt. as opposed to supporting themselves....MEH...THAT'S A STATIC NUMBER!

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

FoxCult.jpg

Most asylums have their TV's set on PMSNBC, I bet your's is permanently set on it. :lmao:

Yeah, funny, you guys are boasting about a landslide that hasn't even happened yet. Ha ha ha.

Political hack

You know what happens when you have a very static and simplistic view of a very dynamic and complex system? You find yourself being wrong almost all the time.

Oh so when you have a record number 30 million who have stopped looking for work, record number of blacks out of work and involved in criminal activity, and a record number of Americans totally dependant on the U.S. Govt. as opposed to supporting themselves....MEH...THAT'S A STATIC NUMBER!

Good little rightie, ignore reality and keep spreading BS that"s already been debunked, lol

fox-newsbullshit.jpg

Does the number reflect the 30 million out of work and no longer looking? :cuckoo:

Yeah, funny, you guys are boasting about a landslide that hasn't even happened yet. Ha ha ha.

Still haven't seen any evidence a Republican can win in battleground states

Especially with this edition of the clown car

The Big Lie:

I could argue evey word you wrote all day but why bother? Will it make you smarter or be a waste of my time

I know you are wrong. I know why you are wrong. And telling you has never convinced you so why explain it again. You vote jeb I'll vote hillary and hillary wins. Goodnight.

Political hack

Good little rightie, ignore reality and keep spreading BS that"s already been debunked, lol

fox-newsbullshit.jpg

c9b158cf0372a40ee2933312e59f74ac.jpg

Forum List

Back