"Mom, Billy (Maher) did it, too!"

Yup, instead of just condemning Rush and leaving it at that, which is what decent people should do, we have a chorus of trying to find liberals who said something as bad about someone else.

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys?

Or do you just not care, you just want to defend Rush?

This is what a 5th grader does.
You do understand that when any person even a college student goes before members of Congress to testify about a public policy issue they have left the realm of private citizen and become a public figure. Why are you pushing for a condemnation of Rush for his insulting comments but seem unwilling to condemn or call for condemnation of Maher for his insulting remarks? Do you just not care when they come from the left? That is what a hypocrite does.

MOre along the lines of, I don't care what Maher did or didn't say.
Exactly my point it came from the left so you don't care

Maher's a comedian. They are supposed to say obnoxious things. The very fact that you can make a joke about a public figure - even a rude, tasteless and unfunny one - and not go to jail is what separates us from the dictatorships.
Maher has not been a comedian since his days on politically incorrect since he has been on HBO he became a political commentator that masquerades as a comedian.

Rush says he's a political commentator. Unless he gets caught doing shit like this, then he hides behind the "I'm an entertainer" facade.
The same way Maher hides behind the I'm a comedian facade.

I'd have had no problem with Rush if he criticized her testimony, her qualifications or her logic and reasoning.
But Mahers calling conservative women bitches, whores, and ***** is criticizing their logic, reasoning, and qualifcations.

Calling her a "slut" was offensive. Ranting about it for three days until his sponsors threatened to pull the plug was beyond the pale.
Calling women bitches, whores, and ***** is also offensive and for the record that is not making a joke about a woman that is a personal attack on them

More to the point, it was self-defeating. let's not forget Santayana's definition of a fanatic is one who redoubles his effort while losing sight of his goal.
Maybe or maybe it is just someone who knew how to get publicity out of it which might have been his goal.
What was Rush' goal here?
I don't read minds so I can't tell you the goals of Rush or anyone else.

1) Defeating Obama- Now a lot harder.
Not really.
2) Changing the policy- Now next to impossible, because any politician who talks about it will be juxtaposed on the news by Rush saying "Slut".
Only on MSNBC this election will be about the economy, and jobs not about anything Rush said in March.

Yup, instead of just condemning Rush and leaving it at that, which is what decent people should do, we have a chorus of trying to find liberals who said something as bad about someone else.

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys?

Or do you just not care, you just want to defend Rush?

This is what a 5th grader does.

LOL, excellent points! That's all those idiots have been doing.

yawn

Hearing the truth over and over again does get boring.

Wow... the partisan apologists are displaying abject lunacy defending their own side's behavior.

Why can't we all just admit that we do exactly what the OP suggests?

Nobody's upset about Maher's remarks absent partisan reasons.

Same goes for Rushbo.

Oh, and Sawah Pawin is a ****.

:thup:

Those democrats are not going to learn. Republicans AGREE with Rush, the same way democrats agree with Maher.
Keep diggin' katz......................

Be so kind as to point out for us how people here on this board that are on the left have equally condemned Maher? Or Shultz? Show us where the President berated Maher for his attacks or for SHultz. Where Obama demanded an apology from Shultz or turned down money from Maher? Perhaps he called Laura?

Well, actually, I did. But you weren't bright enough to understand it...

I didn't hear what Maher said. So I really don't have an opinion on it. And if you want to organize a boycott to take him off the air for something he said years ago, I don't have an issue with that.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

It doesn't make any difference if they're public figures or not. And maher called palin the c-word just last year. Fuckstain.

And when Fluke testified before some House Democratics, dutifully covered by the propaganda ministry of the leftist Democrat Parody, she ceased to be a mere private citizen. She became a public figure.

I actually agree that Rush's words were intemperate. I'm glad he saw fit to apologize.

And as my friend elvis just noted, since the scumbag Maher called former Governor Palin the "c" word just lat year, he was commenting on a non-public figure, too, if Fluke wasn't a public figure.
Maher asked Palin for tapes of body parts?

It doesn't make any difference if they're public figures or not. And maher called palin the c-word just last year. Fuckstain.

And when Fluke testified before some House Democratics, dutifully covered by the propaganda ministry of the leftist Democrat Parody, she ceased to be a mere private citizen. She became a public figure.

I actually agree that Rush's words were intemperate. I'm glad he saw fit to apologize.

And as my friend elvis just noted, since the scumbag Maher called former Governor Palin the "c" word just lat year, he was commenting on a non-public figure, too, if Fluke wasn't a public figure.
Maher asked Palin for tapes of body parts?

Read my post above.

He doesn't.

I didn't hear what Maher said. So I really don't have an opinion on it. And if you want to organize a boycott to take him off the air for something he said years ago, I don't have an issue with that.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

It doesn't make any difference if they're public figures or not. And maher called palin the c-word just last year..
There is a difference under the law; Rush is also a MORE SKILLED talking head than Maher. No worries for Rush, he is making more millions off of this, that is why he keeps it going. Maher needs to deep six the trash too.

Why didn't you condemn Maher? It's a simple question. Do you have an answer?

He doesn't.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

Except it's completely inaccurate.

If a private citizen is someone who is not in political office, then Sarah Palin qualifies as a private citizen as she hasnt been in political office for years.

If we go by the Supreme Court's definition in defamation cases, than Fluke certainly is a public figure because she has put herself out there as a public figure on this issue.

Either way, neither should be called derrogatory names regardless of whether they are public or private figures.

She testifies before congress....she's a public person now... :eusa_whistle:

He doesn't want to hear that. It destroys the thin film of protection he has.

But remember, you heard it from JoeB, it is okay to call any public figure any name in the book.

I have no problem with that. I've called public figures from BOTH sides of the gallery all sorts of names.

But you miss the point. Rush didn't just call this girl a bad word.

He destroyed the entire crediblity of his cause. Now nothing he says about anything ever again will lack him screaming "slut". No one will be able to talk about this issue again without someone playing a tape of him saying "Slut".

I mean, is this about LImbaugh or the cause of letting Religious Zealots dictate what women can do with their girl parts?

When you figure that out, let me know.

You keep acting like this was about people dictating what others can do with their private parts. That's not at all what this is about. This is about the audacity of demanding others pay for what you want to do with your various parts. This is about the entitlement mentality and the robbers who want to do everything they can to take money from others and force them to pay for their wants and needs.

To claim otherwise is completely dishonest.

Why can't we all just admit that we do exactly what the OP suggests?

Nobody's upset about Maher's remarks absent partisan reasons.

Same goes for Rushbo.

Oh, and Sawah Pawin is a ****.

:thup:
Fine, then Ms. Flucke is a slut and prostitute.

Why should Rush retract when you defend someone who is neither being forced to or willing to retract his uglier statements and you go forth and double down on it?

I dunno. Living down to your standards is kinda gross, but if some day a point could get through the brain damage...

Upset? no. But Im disappointed that both of them have to resort to such cheapening discourse.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

false. the instant she became an activist and testified before congress, she lost that status and became a public figure. If she'd have kept her yap shut and kept working for her cause in the background, you'd have been right. Her face hit C-SPAN, her anonymity was over. You don't get to control who or what makes you a celebrity if it happens. Just know it can happen against your will and there's little you can do about it. I'm sure Joe the Plumber didn't want to be a 'public figure', but it happened.

The left has lost the argument through it's own hypocrisy and foolishness, but is too stubborn or clueless to admit that fact.

Upset? no. But Im disappointed that both of them have to resort to such cheapening discourse.
Turd chucking monkeys don't care how fancy a word their target uses to castigate them for throwing feces. They just know that nobody likes getting hit with shit, just like they don't, and it gets them their way more times than not. The question is, will they learn?

He doesn't.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

Except it's completely inaccurate.

If a private citizen is someone who is not in political office, then Sarah Palin qualifies as a private citizen as she hasnt been in political office for years.

If we go by the Supreme Court's definition in defamation cases, than Fluke certainly is a public figure because she has put herself out there as a public figure on this issue.

Either way, neither should be called derrogatory names regardless of whether they are public or private figures.

Exactly. AND that she has made the talkshow circuit regarding the issue...but the fact that she offered, and was fronted by the Democrats as an 'Expert'...defeats the claim.

She's a public figure by definition.

Forum List

Back