"Mom, Billy (Maher) did it, too!"

Yup, instead of just condemning Rush and leaving it at that, which is what decent people should do, we have a chorus of trying to find liberals who said something as bad about someone else.

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys? They are both women. and your excuse is p a t h e t i c

Or do you just not care, you just want to defend Rush?

This is what a 5th grader does.

Why didn't you condemn Maher? It's a simple question. Do you have an answer?

He doesn't.

You really don't see the double standard here, do you?. Your post makes it quite clear that you are prejudiced and indicates why.
I also like Maher. I think there are times when he's funny, especially when he goes on about religion.
Then you decide that calling Palin a CXXX is justified because, I don't know, maybe all Conservative Christian women are CXXXs?
Limbaugh's rant was not an attack on women who rely upon birth control. It was about one woman who wanted a religious institution to pay for her recreational sex against its religious doctrine.

I don't see a double standard. Palin's a public figure. Fluke isn't.

Now, it would be nice if the GOP wasn't so in the thrall of the zealots, we wouldn't have these problems.

Imagine in 2008, if instead of taking Palin to appeal to the zealots, McCain had picked Tom Ridge, put Ohio and Pennsylvania in play.

Then you are fucking blind.

She entered the arena with the intent to deceive.

So she deserves all the criticism and more.

But whats worse is the low life democrats once again refusing to follow the rules.

You really don't see the double standard here, do you?. Your post makes it quite clear that you are prejudiced and indicates why.

Then you decide that calling Palin a CXXX is justified because, I don't know, maybe all Conservative Christian women are CXXXs?
Limbaugh's rant was not an attack on women who rely upon birth control. It was about one woman who wanted a religious institution to pay for her recreational sex against its religious doctrine.

I don't see a double standard. Palin's a public figure. Fluke isn't.

Now, it would be nice if the GOP wasn't so in the thrall of the zealots, we wouldn't have these problems.

Imagine in 2008, if instead of taking Palin to appeal to the zealots, McCain had picked Tom Ridge, put Ohio and Pennsylvania in play.

But whats worse is the low life democrats once again refusing to follow the rules.
Why follow rules when you just change them midstream to make others look foolish?

Statism 101 playbook.

Did whats his name ask Palin to send in a tape of her having sex?

Did she send it?

Is it on line?

Or did he spend three days going on and on about Palin having to much sex?

Seems to me that you all have a false equivelency.

Maher talked about Palin for years calling her every disgusting name in the book. Rush called the woman a slut or a prostitute.

Obama called Flucke to apologize and then mentioned how he wouldn't want his daughters talked about in that manner.........then he takes a million dollars for Bill Maher.

The Dems were even gonna have Maher at one of their events.

March 8, 2012
Obama embraces Bill Maher, but Alabama Democrats hide link

The White House is still embracing controversial comedian Bill Maher, despite growing pressure to sever ties with the woman-insulting liberal TV host.

President Barack Obama’s chief political adviser, David Axelrod, is still booked to appear on Maher’s cable show in the next few weeks.

White House spokesman Jay Carney waved away growing criticism today, saying “we cannot be the arbitrator of every statement that anybody makes in the policy and political arenas.”

Carney’s equivocation came after he was was asked about the administration’s continued affiliation with Maher, despite the president’s front-page criticism of radio talker Rush Limbaugh for his sex-related insults of a Democratic activist.

The Democrats’ pushback against Limbaugh is designed to spur women’s support for Obama in November.

In contrast to Obama, Carney and Axelrod, Democrats in Alabama are downplaying a planned fundraiser that was scheduled to take place just prior to a Maher comedy show in Huntsville on March 17.

Read more: Obama White House | Bill Maher | Misogyny | The Daily Caller

Rush apologized and Maher has not.

Just pointing out the facts.

Yup, instead of just condemning Rush and leaving it at that, which is what decent people should do, we have a chorus of trying to find liberals who said something as bad about someone else.

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys? They are both women. and your excuse is p a t h e t i c

He doesn't.

Well, actually, I did. But you weren't bright enough to understand it...

I didn't hear what Maher said. So I really don't have an opinion on it. And if you want to organize a boycott to take him off the air for something he said years ago, I don't have an issue with that.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

Did whats his name ask Palin to send in a tape of her having sex?

Did she send it?

Is it on line?

Or did he spend three days going on and on about Palin having to much sex?

Seems to me that you all have a false equivelency.

Maher talked about Palin for years calling her every disgusting name in the book. Rush called the woman a slut or a prostitute.

Obama called Flucke to apologize and then mentioned how he wouldn't want his daughters talked about in that manner.........then he takes a million dollars for Bill Maher.

The Dems were even gonna have Maher at one of their events.

March 8, 2012
Obama embraces Bill Maher, but Alabama Democrats hide link

The White House is still embracing controversial comedian Bill Maher, despite growing pressure to sever ties with the woman-insulting liberal TV host.

President Barack Obama’s chief political adviser, David Axelrod, is still booked to appear on Maher’s cable show in the next few weeks.

White House spokesman Jay Carney waved away growing criticism today, saying “we cannot be the arbitrator of every statement that anybody makes in the policy and political arenas.”

Carney’s equivocation came after he was was asked about the administration’s continued affiliation with Maher, despite the president’s front-page criticism of radio talker Rush Limbaugh for his sex-related insults of a Democratic activist.

The Democrats’ pushback against Limbaugh is designed to spur women’s support for Obama in November.

In contrast to Obama, Carney and Axelrod, Democrats in Alabama are downplaying a planned fundraiser that was scheduled to take place just prior to a Maher comedy show in Huntsville on March 17.

Read more: Obama White House | Bill Maher | Misogyny | The Daily Caller

Rush apologized and Maher has not.

Just pointing out the facts.

Rush screwed up...admitted it...got back on the high road.

Rush took the absurity he likes to use to illustrate it...and fell down and acted like the left...

Very few on the left have ever apologized.

I'm sorry. What was in her testimony that wasn't true?

We're waiting.

Her enrollment into the college.

As far as testimony what expertise did she offer as required by the rules?

We're waiting.

None...and why Issa didn't accept her 'qualifications'...

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys?

Meanwhile when ever Obama is busted for something you and your buddies on the left say " But Booosh did it" And my question is, if what Rush said was so bad, why would you then defend Maher and others on the left for doing the same or worse?

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys?

You do understand that when any person even a college student goes before members of Congress to testify about a public policy issue they have left the realm of private citizen and become a public figure. Why are you pushing for a condemnation of Rush for his insulting comments but seem unwilling to condemn or call for condemnation of Maher for his insulting remarks? Do you just not care when they come from the left? That is what a hypocrite does.

We're waiting.

None...and why Issa didn't accept her 'qualifications'...

Dumb move on his part, wasn't it?

YOu had the image of a bunch of men talking about what women should be able to to with their uteri... not a good image at all. Sent all the wrong messages.

Her Qualification was that she had ovaries. None of those guys did.

You do understand that when any person even a college student goes before members of Congress to testify about a public policy issue they have left the realm of private citizen and become a public figure. Why are you pushing for a condemnation of Rush for his insulting comments but seem unwilling to condemn or call for condemnation of Maher for his insulting remarks? Do you just not care when they come from the left? That is what a hypocrite does.

MOre along the lines of, I don't care what Maher did or didn't say.

Maher's a comedian. They are supposed to say obnoxious things. The very fact that you can make a joke about a public figure - even a rude, tasteless and unfunny one - and not go to jail is what separates us from the dictatorships.

Rush says he's a political commentator. Unless he gets caught doing shit like this, then he hides behind the "I'm an entertainer" facade.

I'd have had no problem with Rush if he criticized her testimony, her qualifications or her logic and reasoning.

Calling her a "slut" was offensive. Ranting about it for three days until his sponsors threatened to pull the plug was beyond the pale.

More to the point, it was self-defeating. let's not forget Santayana's definition of a fanatic is one who redoubles his effort while losing sight of his goal.

What was Rush' goal here?

1) Defeating Obama- Now a lot harder.
2) Changing the policy- Now next to impossible, because any politician who talks about it will be juxtaposed on the news by Rush saying "Slut".

Bullshit.

Noting lib hypocrisy is a perfectly valid reply.

IF the current dust up was over Bill Unfunny Sanctimonious Maher using offensive sexist language against a woman, you can bet your last shilling, shill, that the leftwing nuts would be saying "but Rush did it too!"

So, get down off your high horse, kid.

You got no game.

Last edited:

She testifies before congress....she's a public person now... :eusa_whistle:

He doesn't want to hear that. It destroys the thin film of protection he has.

But remember, you heard it from JoeB, it is okay to call any public figure any name in the book.

Meanwhile when ever Obama is busted for something you and your buddies on the left say " But Booosh did it" And my question is, if what Rush said was so bad, why would you then defend Maher and others on the left for doing the same or worse?

Please point out where I "defended" Maher...

Thanks.

I just point out that a COMEDIAN attacking a public figure is different than a commentator attacking a private citizen doing her civic duty.

Now, if you want to say that Rush is a Comedian, too. (And I think he is probably one of the most brilliant satirists of our age) that's fine. But the Chairman of the GOP shouldn't have to apologize to a Satrist, and the frontrunner for the GOP shouldn't be quaking in his boots of him.

She testifies before congress....she's a public person now... :eusa_whistle:

He doesn't want to hear that. It destroys the thin film of protection he has.

But remember, you heard it from JoeB, it is okay to call any public figure any name in the book.

I have no problem with that. I've called public figures from BOTH sides of the gallery all sorts of names.

But you miss the point. Rush didn't just call this girl a bad word.

He destroyed the entire crediblity of his cause. Now nothing he says about anything ever again will lack him screaming "slut". No one will be able to talk about this issue again without someone playing a tape of him saying "Slut".

I mean, is this about LImbaugh or the cause of letting Religious Zealots dictate what women can do with their girl parts?

When you figure that out, let me know.

He doesn't.

I didn't hear what Maher said. So I really don't have an opinion on it. And if you want to organize a boycott to take him off the air for something he said years ago, I don't have an issue with that.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

It doesn't make any difference if they're public figures or not. And maher called palin the c-word just last year. Fuckstain.

He doesn't.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

It doesn't make any difference if they're public figures or not. And maher called palin the c-word just last year. Fuckstain.

And when Fluke testified before some House Democratics, dutifully covered by the propaganda ministry of the leftist Democrat Parody, she ceased to be a mere private citizen. She became a public figure.

I actually agree that Rush's words were intemperate. I'm glad he saw fit to apologize.

And as my friend elvis just noted, since the scumbag Maher called former Governor Palin the "c" word just lat year, he was commenting on a non-public figure, too, if Fluke wasn't a public figure.

oh yes I understand there is little to no difference, as in insulting a 31 year old solid advocate who is practicing advocacy , or a politician ( who mind you as others have already noted surrendered her office, aside from too, making comments regards hillarys '****').

one was called a slut the other a dumb **** etc. family remarks ala incest, remarks about their handicapped child, daughter etc etc etc....they are all off limits,.

Do YOU understand THAT?

Rhetorical question, apparently not.

Forum List

Back