"Mom, Billy (Maher) did it, too!"

Why can't we all just admit that we do exactly what the OP suggests?

Nobody's upset about Maher's remarks absent partisan reasons.

Same goes for Rushbo.

Oh, and Sawah Pawin is a ****.

:thup:

Those democrats are not going to learn. Republicans AGREE with Rush, the same way democrats agree with Maher.
Keep diggin' katz......................

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, actually, I did. But you weren't bright enough to understand it...

I didn't hear what Maher said. So I really don't have an opinion on it. And if you want to organize a boycott to take him off the air for something he said years ago, I don't have an issue with that.

Palin- Public Figure.

Fluke- Private Citizen.

That's the difference.

Except it's completely inaccurate.

If a private citizen is someone who is not in political office, then Sarah Palin qualifies as a private citizen as she hasnt been in political office for years.

If we go by the Supreme Court's definition in defamation cases, than Fluke certainly is a public figure because she has put herself out there as a public figure on this issue.

Either way, neither should be called derrogatory names regardless of whether they are public or private figures.

Exactly. AND that she has made the talkshow circuit regarding the issue...but the fact that she offered, and was fronted by the Democrats as an 'Expert'...defeats the claim.

She's a public figure by definition.

You should watch "Talking Points" tonight..

Same goes for Rushbo.

Fine, then Ms. Flucke is a slut and prostitute.

Why should Rush retract when you defend someone who is neither being forced to or willing to retract his uglier statements and you go forth and double down on it?

I dunno. Living down to your standards is kinda gross, but if some day a point could get through the brain damage...

Where'd I say Rush should retract?

It would be refreshing to hear you just admit that you feign outrage for the same reason as anyone else.

But I do applaud you for managing a post that didn't involve a modified photograph of a cat.

And sawah's still a ****.

Last edited:

Same goes for Rushbo.

Why should Rush retract when you defend someone who is neither being forced to or willing to retract his uglier statements and you go forth and double down on it?

I dunno. Living down to your standards is kinda gross, but if some day a point could get through the brain damage...

It would be refreshing to hear you just admit that you feign outrage for the same reason as anyone else.

But I do applaud you for managing a post that didn't involve a modified photograph of a cat.

yeah and guinea pigs run around all day long in solar powered red wagons don't they racist?

yeah and guinea pigs run around all day long in solar powered red wagons don't they racist?

What are you blathering about, cow?

:cow:

If a private citizen is someone who is not in political office, then Sarah Palin qualifies as a private citizen as she hasnt been in political office for years.

If we go by the Supreme Court's definition in defamation cases, than Fluke certainly is a public figure because she has put herself out there as a public figure on this issue.

Either way, neither should be called derrogatory names regardless of whether they are public or private figures.

Exactly. AND that she has made the talkshow circuit regarding the issue...but the fact that she offered, and was fronted by the Democrats as an 'Expert'...defeats the claim.

I'll be sure to look. Thanks...

After being labeled a racist for disagreement and a terrorist for wanting fiscal discipline.

Fuck democrats and the phoney issues.

Same goes for Rushbo.

Oh so there's no problem with what Rush said?

My outrage is not about the fact that Maher is a lowlife who has little ability to gin up an audience except by being spiteful. No, my outrage is about Rush's attackers refusing to condemn Maher for saying worse things with less reason.

confident-something-new-complain-encouragement-ecard-someecards.jpg

It's not a cat, but at least it conveys the sentiment your lack of credibility deserves.

After being labeled a racist for disagreement and a terrorist for wanting fiscal discipline.

that fluke broad is a phoney too.

Tell me you are not oblivious to the irony of that statement.

My outrage is not about the fact that Maher is a lowlife who has little ability to gin up an audience except by being spiteful. No, my outrage is about Rush's attackers refusing to condemn Maher for saying worse things with less reason.

It's not a cat, but at least it conveys the sentiment your lack of credibility deserves.

Why, because I can be honest and you can't, my credibility takes a hit?

I can't help that the VP Nom for the Republic party last election was a jingoistic dopey ****.

As to any other aspect of the conversation, I don't understand your objections. It's no coincidence that eeeeeeveryone on the left thinks the Rush comment was worse and eeeeeveryone on the right thinks the Maher comment was worse.

:dunno:

Yup, instead of just condemning Rush and leaving it at that, which is what decent people should do, we have a chorus of trying to find liberals who said something as bad about someone else.

You do understand there's a difference between attacking a private citizen/college student, and attacking a public figure/politician, don't you guys?

Or do you just not care, you just want to defend Rush?

This is what a 5th grader does.

Well don't forget he wasn't just attacking the woman... Rush was also using it to attack women in general who spend good money on contraceptives and think it should be afforded in their coverage(it's a medical thing after all). A very sizable chunk of the population. All sluts and prostitutes, by his logic.

Last edited:

I can't help that the VP Nom for the Republic party last election was a jingoistic dopey ****.

As to any other aspect of the conversation, I don't understand your objections. It's no coincidence that eeeeeeveryone on the left thinks the Rush comment was worse and eeeeeveryone on the right thinks the Maher comment was worse.

Oh that's rich! So rich you should hate yourself and want to take it all away and give it to those less fortunate as is the knee jerk impulse of the left.

Yeah... just keep building that credibility. With such cutting and insightful criticism of the former VP candidate, I'm sure you'll have no trouble making friends and influencing people to your philosophy.

Oh and the stench of hypocrisy is so attractive. Bottle it, you'll make a fortune.

Either they're both wrong, or both okay. If they're both wrong, I want punishment meted out on Maher. If they're both right, Rush is owed an apology by his advertisers and those attacking him over it.

So which are you going to demand? The era of the double standard is over. I only demand you guys pick one and stick to it.

I have not seen any case law public vs. private individuals that defines the question by a requirement that one holds a public office. Entertainers are oft times held to be public figures for example. Palin regularly holds herself out to the public as a commentator on public issues. She was a Governor, then a candidate for VP of the US.

Ms. Fluke did not appear to be a public figure when she spoke to a small number of those in Congress; she now may be entering the public realm by virtue of TV appearances and added comments. The Courts will decide in her lawsuit. ALSO, one cannot defame those no longer living.

I have not seen any case law public vs. private individuals that defines the question by a requirement that one holds a public office. Entertainers are oft times held to be public figures for example. Palin regularly holds herself out to the public as a commentator on public issues. She was a Governor, then a candidate for VP of the US.

Ms. Fluke did not appear to be a public figure when she spoke to a small number of those in Congress; she now may be entering the public realm by virtue of TV appearances and added comments. The Courts will decide in her lawsuit. ALSO, one cannot defame those no longer living.
Joe the Plumber and Rodney King also didn't want to become public figures. But guess what? They had no say in the matter. Nor does Sandra Flucke, who WILLINGLY put herself in the line of public criticism the instant she testified.

game, set, match. She's a public figure who can be scrutinized just like Palin, Rush and Maher.

You should watch Talking Points tongiht.

Oh that's rich! So rich you should hate yourself and want to take it all away and give it to those less fortunate as is the knee jerk impulse of the left.

Yeah... just keep building that credibility. With such cutting and insightful criticism of the former VP candidate, I'm sure you'll have no trouble making friends and influencing people to your philosophy.

Oh and the stench of hypocrisy is so attractive. Bottle it, you'll make a fortune.

Either they're both wrong, or both okay. If they're both wrong, I want punishment meted out on Maher. If they're both right, Rush is owed an apology by his advertisers and those attacking him over it.

So which are you going to demand? The era of the double standard is over. I only demand you guys pick one and stick to it.

You pick then. But since Maher has no sponsors I don't see how he can be 'punished' in the same manner as Rush, and Rush was only 'punished' by his sponsors because they're afraid of the public perception of Rush's ill-conceived comment. Got a problem with it? Take it up with the sponsors.

And there is no double standard (on my part), nor have I shown a single ounce of hypocrisy. You must be hallucinating again. I very honestly stated that I agree with Maher (And you're a fool if you think Palin's not a ****, or that the Republican party hasn't paid a dear, dear price for parading that floozy out as a propellant of their brand), and not with Rush.

I just wish others would portray the same honesty, and stop trying to act like one is acceptable and the other isn't, using some hackneyed justification when the truth is that LIKE ME, THEY AGREE WITH ONE OF THE INDIVIDUALS AND NOT THE OTHER.

GAWD you are impossible. Stick to the lolcats.

Obama is defending Fluke. Why not defend Palin? I'll give you a million reasons why not.

Palin said Obama's healthcare plan was going to deny Trig treatment on the grounds that he wouldn't be worthy of it.

Why would Obama defend that?

I'm talking about Maher calling Palin the c-word. Dumbass.

So what?

Did you ever state your own personal opinion of BOTH Limbaugh and Maher?

The hypocrisy of others has nothing to do with what Limbaugh did.

Limbaugh was either right or wrong in what he did.

You don't get out of a speeding ticket by proving that the cop didn't stop the other guy who was also speeding.

And you need to go change your fucking DIAPER... you done SHIT IN IT a DOZEN TIMES ALREADY.

Go cry to your mama... we're sick of listening to it, pathetic little whiner.
Don't get NYcuminhisrear started. He will attack your service record in a minute.

I'm a veteran and Elvis is a coward. He's still stinging from getting called out on that.

Forum List

Back