MLK, Jr. Day is an inconvenience because I still have to work but I can't get any work done

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
My office doesn't give me a day off, but I can't file anything with court, I can't take care of a traffic ticket, I can't call the courthouse to ask how to file something, and I won't get any mail.

MLK, Jr. isn't a holiday for me, just an inconvenience.

Why do we have this stupid holiday that only government workers get off?

My office doesn't give me a day off, but I can't file anything with court, I can't take care of a traffic ticket, I can't call the courthouse to ask how to file something, and I won't get any mail.

Take it up with your employer, obey the speed limit, plan your court dates accordingly, the mail will run tomorrow and you'll get your bills then. Be an adult.

Stop complaining. Not getting work any done happens to me every day.
13726635_10158759934020377_793452675988055151_n.jpg

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is the worst holiday. Even people who get it off, there is nothing special to do on this holiday, no celebrations or anything that makes it feel like a real holiday. It's just a waste.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is the worst holiday. Even people who get it off, there is nothing special to do on this holiday, no celebrations or anything that makes it feel like a real holiday. It's just a waste.

Once they got past naming streets after him it was a bust. :(

Christopher Columbus was a real hero, he boldly sailed into the unknown and discovered a New World. No one else can come close to this level of accomplishment.

Martin Luther King, Jr. gave good speeches, but he would not be nearly as famous if he had not been shot.

Christopher Columbus was a real hero, he boldly sailed into the unknown and discovered a New World. No one else can come close to this level of accomplishment.

Martin Luther King, Jr. gave good speeches, but he would not be nearly as famous if he had not been shot.

Gave a few good plagerized speeches at that.

Ah. So it isn't the inconvenience of the holiday which bothers you, it is that it is MLK's holiday.

Blackrook- always Miss Sunshine.

You can always play on USMB.

A better question...why do major corporations always try to find ways to never let their employees take a day off?

Would you be happy if we renamed it 'David Duke Day?'

It was new to the Europeans,but not the natives...

Forum List

Back