Mitten likens himself to Kerry

I think a lot of people likened him to Kerry which is why he got his ass kicked in the general election. He was seen as "just another liberal" and was treated accordingly.

Immie

I agree, if he was part of the amnesty, he was screwed.

However IF he had had enough balls to say ...

"look here's my taxes, you can see how I made my money. We have a tax issue, I follow the law like most Americans, but it's time to change the law and eliminate all these loopholes/credits so that you don't need a degree to figure out what the government is costing you."

If he had done that, and followed it with a real tax reform plan, I would have voted for him. He could have used his low rate and the loopholes he employs to launch that platform. He could have used it to bring americans together, instead of the "47%", because ALL Americans use tax loopholes/credits and we all understand how complicated the code is.

The 47 percent stuff was unethically video'd comments at a private fundraiser. He wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. He was being honest about how he viewed the world. I don't disagree with his sentiment. And again, anyone that wants to pretend stuff like that is a deal, is someone that would have voted for Obama all along. You know you were in his column. You've been in his column. And short of a total meltdown, you're gonna remain in his column.

and that's why he lost, tard.

Yup ... he showed everyone that he's right there in the nutter bubble with the Gasbag's of the world.

I agree, if he was part of the amnesty, he was screwed.

However IF he had had enough balls to say ...

"look here's my taxes, you can see how I made my money. We have a tax issue, I follow the law like most Americans, but it's time to change the law and eliminate all these loopholes/credits so that you don't need a degree to figure out what the government is costing you."

If he had done that, and followed it with a real tax reform plan, I would have voted for him. He could have used his low rate and the loopholes he employs to launch that platform. He could have used it to bring americans together, instead of the "47%", because ALL Americans use tax loopholes/credits and we all understand how complicated the code is.

The 47 percent stuff was unethically video'd comments at a private fundraiser. He wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. He was being honest about how he viewed the world. I don't disagree with his sentiment. And again, anyone that wants to pretend stuff like that is a deal, is someone that would have voted for Obama all along. You know you were in his column. You've been in his column. And short of a total meltdown, you're gonna remain in his column.

It is? He insulted the entitled who were going to vote for their lord and master anyways? Please.

Libs love to pretend that an assault on the poor was a cornerstone of Romney's campaign; and all from one truthful comment. Romney presented a great vision for America. America rejected it.

It is? He insulted the entitled who were going to vote for their lord and master anyways? Please.

Libs love to pretend that an assault on the poor was a cornerstone of Romney's campaign; and all from one truthful comment. Romney presented a great vision for America. America rejected it.

Nutters love to pretend that all of the the so-called 47% are Dem voters.

You and Romney are both nutters.

several of them, actually, depending on the audience.

he lost mostly because he ran a shitty campaign and catered to the likes of you, gomer.
:lmao:

Romney missed a golden opportunity with his tax returns. He should have released them
and than used them to make his platform real serious, tax reform, instead of "I'm not him".

If he had been bold like that, and had a good plan for tax reform, he would have earned my vote.

He probably benefited from the IRS tax amnesty. There's no way he could have released them, he would have lost in the biggest landslide in history.

But, but, but...Romney did release his tax returns. Only, he didn't release enough returns to satisfy leftists' desires to find dirt on him. And, he wasn't required to release enough years' returns in order that leftists could try to find dirt on him. He wasn't even required to release those of which he released so, feel lucky ya' got what ya' got.

Romney did himself more damage than good by doing that, really.

I don't think so. I don't know what it is with people who are trying to make something out of nothing. I don't think one single person went in the voting booth, stopped and thought, "Romney didn't release more than three years' worth of tax returns, I'm not going to vote for him". Sorry, wasn't an issue.

He just came off - again- as a guy who sees the rest of us as the hired help.

As opposed to the punk-in-chief?

the Punk won. Thurston Howell IV didn't.

The guy was only paying about 13% on tax while most working families are paying 20% or more. and, yes, it helped contribute to the image of Romney as a guy who didn't give a flip about working families. That's what did him in.

Romney did himself more damage than good by doing that, really.

I don't think so. I don't know what it is with people who are trying to make something out of nothing. I don't think one single person went in the voting booth, stopped and thought, "Romney didn't release more than three years' worth of tax returns, I'm not going to vote for him". Sorry, wasn't an issue.

He just came off - again- as a guy who sees the rest of us as the hired help.

What's the punk winning got to do with coming off as the guy who sees the rest of us as the hired help? The punk didn't win because people DIDN'T see him as coming off as a guy who sees the rest of us as the hired help.

The guy was only paying about 13% on tax while most working families are paying 20% or more.

And?

and, yes, it helped contribute to the image of Romney as a guy who didn't give a flip about working families. That's what did him in.

Nah...what did him in was Obama's gifts, mostly. And, of course, Hurricane Sandy gave Obama the opportunity, as president, to do what Romney could not. Which, was a positive for Obama. And then lastly, of course, there's surely the shenanigans Obama and his minions engaged in, likely to a level of which we may never know.

What's the punk winning got to do with coming off as the guy who sees the rest of us as the hired help? The punk didn't win because people DIDN'T see him as coming off as a guy who sees the rest of us as the hired help.

The guy was only paying about 13% on tax while most working families are paying 20% or more.

And?

and, yes, it helped contribute to the image of Romney as a guy who didn't give a flip about working families. That's what did him in.

Nah...what did him in was Obama's gifts, mostly. And, of course, Hurricane Sandy gave Obama the opportunity, as president, to do what Romney could not. Which, was a positive for Obama. And then lastly, of course, there's surely the shenanigans Obama and his minions engaged in, likely to a level of which we may never know.

Republicans lost five of the last six popular votes. Has nothing to do with "shenningans" and more to do with the fact that they've lost touch with most Americans.

The only thing that is keeping the GOP afloat is that there are a lot of stupid people who vote against their own economic interests because of abortion, guns, gays or some other bullshit... and those people are dying off.

But tell you what, run another plutocrat who brags about how many Caddys he owns in 2016, see how far that gets you.

I think a lot of people likened him to Kerry which is why he got his ass kicked in the general election. He was seen as "just another liberal" and was treated accordingly.

Immie

While it is true that he flopped left or right depending on his audience's sock color, the Kerry comparison made him an elitist and unelectable. Heck, I started a thread about Mitten the elitist making just this point when he won the primaries.

:D

Immie

While it is true that he flopped left or right depending on his audience's sock color, the Kerry comparison made him an elitist and unelectable. Heck, I started a thread about Mitten the elitist making just this point when he won the primaries.

I think Romney's liberal past forced him to pander to the right well past the point he needed to. Bush in 2000 had the conservative flock locked up pretty much after Super Tuesday, and could start moving to the center by talking about "compassionate conservatism" and "changing the tone".

Romney couldn't move to the center until the first debate, and when he did, he caught Obama off guard for about a week.

The thing that made Romney most like Kerry, though, was that they both try to repackage or "reinvent" themselves. That might work for Madonna, but it doesn't work for a presidential candidate.

Kerry tried to repaint himself as a guy we could trust to prosecute an ongoing war. He really, really tried to downplay his anti-war activism, and his long record of not going along with interventions and prolifirgate military spending. In short, he tried to pass himself off as something he wasn't, and it caught up to him. He should have embraced who he was.

Same with Romney. Romney tried to pass himself off as a guy who was a 'job creator", when in fact, his business model was mostly going into companies and either liquidating them or trimming down the staff to increase profits for investors. I personally don't think this is a virtue, but some people do. But he was passing himself off as something he wasn't, and he got caught.

Immie

Exactly, and he was going up against a very liberal competitor, who happened to be the incumbent and was a fairly well liked (among liberals) man.

Conservatives treated him like "just another liberal" as they should have and he got his ass kicked by "just another liberal".

Republicans can't win by playing Democrat games. As long as they keep trying they are doomed to fail.

Immie

And?

Republicans lost five of the last six popular votes.

Huh?

Has nothing to do with "shenningans" and more to do with the fact that they've lost touch with most Americans.

And the left are in touch with most Americans? Yeah...right.

The only thing that is keeping the GOP afloat is that there are a lot of stupid people who vote against their own economic interests because of abortion, guns, gays or some other bullshit... and those people are dying off.

LOL@you trying to decide what others' economic interests are. And, what's keeping the left afloat is that there are a lot of stupid people who vote against their own economic interests because of offers of amnesty, college debt forgiveness, free phones, and free mammograms and wellness tests. And, that you presume that, somehow, anyone is dying off? Too funny. How is it you reach this summation?

But tell you what, run another plutocrat who brags about how many Caddys he owns in 2016, see how far that gets you.

Hey, here's an idea. Why don't you back up your claim anyone bragged about how many "Caddys" he owned?

Obama's way - demonize people making money while he banks himself. The suckers bought it. He's playing the fools like the bitches they are.

Immie

Exactly, and he was going up against a very liberal competitor, who happened to be the incumbent and was a fairly well liked (among liberals) man.

Conservatives treated him like "just another liberal" as they should have and he got his ass kicked by "just another liberal".

Republicans can't win by playing Democrat games. As long as they keep trying they are doomed to fail.

Immie

Talk about a Fairy Tale

Immie

Talk about a Fairy Tale

Ah yes... Mitt Romney, the conservative's conservative.

Immie

Forum List

Back