Mitten likens himself to Kerry

Exactly, and he was going up against a very liberal competitor, who happened to be the incumbent and was a fairly well liked (among liberals) man.

Conservatives treated him like "just another liberal" as they should have and he got his ass kicked by "just another liberal".

Republicans can't win by playing Democrat games. As long as they keep trying they are doomed to fail.

Immie

Talk about a Fairy Tale

Ah yes... Mitt Romney, the conservative's conservative.

Immie

I'm talking about pretending that Obama and Romney are cut from the same cloth. That's what the machine wanted you to believe even though there's no truth to it.

Talk about a Fairy Tale

Immie

I'm talking about pretending that Obama and Romney are cut from the same cloth. That's what the machine wanted you to believe even though there's no truth to it.

Both are as liberal as they can be. One big difference is that Romney isn't afraid to let everyone know that he has more wealth than God; while Obama is little more than the common man that wants to be king of the world. Neither one of them have/had any intention of doing what is right for the American people.

There are plenty of differences such as which freedom each of them want to take away from us next, but the goal is all in the same. Of course, that comes from the party elite more than the man who would be President, but whichever one it would have been was still going to be beholden to their masters.

Sorry, I am in a really pissy mood this week.

Immie

Immie

Both are as liberal as they can be. One big difference is that Romney isn't afraid to let everyone know that he has more wealth than God; while Obama is little more than the common man that wants to be king of the world. Neither one of them have/had any intention of doing what is right for the American people.

There are plenty of differences such as which freedom each of them want to take away from us next, but the goal is all in the same. Of course, that comes from the party elite more than the man who would be President, but whichever one it would have been was still going to be beholden to their masters.

Immie

Yea. I followed Romney's personal life, career and campaign and I can tell you that's not the case. He's an honorable man. Obama is the scum of the earth.

Immie

Yea. I followed Romney's personal life, career and campaign and I can tell you that's not the case. He's an honorable man. Obama is the scum of the earth.

Sorry, I just don't agree on the honorable part.

Immie

I agree, if he was part of the amnesty, he was screwed.

However IF he had had enough balls to say ...

"look here's my taxes, you can see how I made my money. We have a tax issue, I follow the law like most Americans, but it's time to change the law and eliminate all these loopholes/credits so that you don't need a degree to figure out what the government is costing you."

If he had done that, and followed it with a real tax reform plan, I would have voted for him. He could have used his low rate and the loopholes he employs to launch that platform. He could have used it to bring americans together, instead of the "47%", because ALL Americans use tax loopholes/credits and we all understand how complicated the code is.

I don't think people would have bought it. That just sounds like pissing down my back and telling me it's raining.

Immie

Immie

Why is that? You act like you know the man personally.

I think a lot of people likened him to Kerry which is why he got his ass kicked in the general election. He was seen as "just another liberal" and was treated accordingly.

Immie

While it is true that he flopped left or right depending on his audience's sock color, the Kerry comparison made him an elitist and unelectable. Heck, I started a thread about Mitten the elitist making just this point when he won the primaries.

:D

Exactly, and he was going up against a very liberal competitor, who happened to be the incumbent and was a fairly well liked (among liberals) man.

Conservatives treated him like "just another liberal" as they should have and he got his ass kicked by "just another liberal".

Republicans can't win by playing Democrat games. As long as they keep trying they are doomed to fail.

Immie

Conservatives can't get elected.....Period

"look here's my taxes, you can see how I made my money. We have a tax issue, I follow the law like most Americans, but it's time to change the law and eliminate all these loopholes/credits so that you don't need a degree to figure out what the government is costing you."

If he had done that, and followed it with a real tax reform plan, I would have voted for him. He could have used his low rate and the loopholes he employs to launch that platform. He could have used it to bring americans together, instead of the "47%", because ALL Americans use tax loopholes/credits and we all understand how complicated the code is.

I don't think people would have bought it. That just sounds like pissing down my back and telling me it's raining.

Hmmm, good point.

I guess I was trying to think of what either candidate could have done differently to earn my vote. Tax reform is an important issue that the establishment never talks about, and if he had a plan I liked, and I thought he was really going to be able to do it, I'd have voted for him *shrug*.

Hmmm, good point.

I guess I was trying to think of what either candidate could have done differently to earn my vote. Tax reform is an important issue that the establishment never talks about, and if he had a plan I liked, and I thought he was really going to be able to do it, I'd have voted for him *shrug*.
What would earn or lose the votes of political junkies like us is really irrelevant, because out of the 120 million who vote its probably less than 10% that know jack fucking shit about ANYTHING.

Immie

Immie

What has he done that is dishonorable? To even compare it to the litany of Obama's scorched earth politics is a slap in the face.

Immie

No, I don't know him personally... I am just major league cynical of every one of the assholes in Washington... Democrat, Republican and so called Independent.

For them to get to the position they are in, they have had to sell their souls so many times and owe so much to the people that got them where they are, that America and its citizens are immaterial to them.

I have not always felt that way, but over the last 6-7 years, it has just beat me down. I used to love my country and the people that ran it, now... I don't know anymore. I would not choose to live anywhere else, but I feel like America (the land of the free and the home of the brave) is dying... scratch that is dead.

Immie

Immie

What has he done that is dishonorable? To even compare it to the litany of Obama's scorched earth politics is a slap in the face.

See post #111.

And maybe a good slap in the face is what politicians need?

Immie

Immie

if you were any more stupid, you'd have bark

Immie

See post #111.

Immie

So in other words, you can't point to anything. And you talk about Romney's money? Well he's worth a quarter of a billion. But had he stayed fully committed to private equity and not done the Olympics and a governorship and two presidential campaigns, then it's likely he'd be a billionaire.

Fools like you have bought the hype that Romney cares about money so much. If that was his deal, he would have kept doing what he was doing. It is actually leaches like Obama that would be lost in the private market. So he plays a shell game, using his bully pullpits(s) while embezzling money to the people who prop him up to f us over. And honestly, that's exactly what Santorum and Newt would have done too (just while putting a conservative spin on it). But that is not Romney and you can't point to anything that says that's Romney.

See post #111.

Immie

So in other words, you can't point to anything. And you talk about Romney's money? Well he's worth a quarter of a billion. But had he stayed fully committed to private equity and not done the Olympics and a governorship and two presidential campaigns, then it's likely he'd be a billionaire.

Fools like you have bought the hype that Romney cares about money so much. If that was his deal, he would have kept doing what he was doing. It is actually leaches like Obama that would be lost in the private market. So he plays a shell game, using his bully pullpits(s) while embezzling money to the people who prop him up to f us over. And honestly, that's exactly what Santorum and Newt would have done too (just while putting a conservative spin on it). But that is not Romney and you can't point to anything that says that's Romney.

No, it is fools like you that believe that Romney is some kind of a god who is above all the temptation that wealth and power bring.

I never said he cares about money so much, you did. I said he is a corrupt politician just like they all are. I believe most of them start out with visions of making this nation a better place for all, but by the time that they get to the pinnacle of their profession (a seat in Washington) they have had to sell their souls. There is not a single one of them, including your god, who is above this.

Go on... keep worshipping the man. It will get you no where.

Immie

See post #111.

Immie

No, it is fools like you that believe that Romney is some kind of a god who is above all the temptation that wealth and power bring.

I never said he cares about money so much, you did. I said he is a corrupt politician just like they all are. I believe most of them start out with visions of making this nation a better place for all, but by the time that they get to the pinnacle of their profession (a seat in Washington) they have had to sell their souls. There is not a single one of them, including your god, who is above this.

Go on... keep worshipping the man. It will get you no where.

Immie

Your moral equivalency is utter bull shit.

Not Immie

Immie

No, I don't know him personally... I am just major league cynical of every one of the assholes in Washington... Democrat, Republican and so called Independent.

I'm major league cynical of everyone, whether they're an "asshole" in Washington or some mere local "asshole" walking down the street. I don't trust anybody as far as I can throw them. But, to call someone dishonorable simply just because seems quite the stretch. If I passed you by on the street, I probably wouldn't have any desire to know you or to trust you but, probably wouldn't call you dishonorable.

For them to get to the position they are in, they have had to sell their souls so many times and owe so much to the people that got them where they are, that America and its citizens are immaterial to them.

I frankly don't care if I'm immaterial to them. I'm not seeking someone to "care" for me. I'm seeking someone who will do his/her damn job as president and care for this nation. If I want to be material to someone and want someone to "care" about me, I'll look to those who are closest to me, not some government buffoon. It's not any government official's job to care about me, or care about you, or care about Bob down the street. It's their job to care for this country as a whole, and as a nation.

I have not always felt that way, but over the last 6-7 years, it has just beat me down. I used to love my country and the people that ran it, now... I don't know anymore. I would not choose to live anywhere else, but I feel like America (the land of the free and the home of the brave) is dying... scratch that is dead.

Well, I have pretty much the same sentiment as you do here but, it isn't because I feel I'm immaterial to those in Washington. I feel it's mostly my fellow American citizens and their sheer stupidity which has put this nation on the path it's on and has been on for some time now. As example, they run up enormous amounts of debt buying homes of which they can't afford, boats they can't afford, motorhomes of which they can't afford, recreational vehicles they can't afford and untold numbers of other things they can't afford and, then, call bankruptcy and then when the banks call in their debt and they have nothing to give and the banks get in trouble, they wonder why the banks are asking for bailouts.

For the record CG, I think it was you or TGG that used the word dishonorable in a question to me. I only followed through with it. I call them corrupt.

As for the word "care", it was used in the context of "give a shit about" not in the context of providing for or taking care of.

Immie

For the record CG, I think it was you or TGG that used the word dishonorable in a question to me. I only followed through with it. I call them corrupt.

Actually, I believe the conversation went like this:

Immanuel says: Both are as liberal as they can be. One big difference is that Romney isn't afraid to let everyone know that he has more wealth than God; while Obama is little more than the common man that wants to be king of the world. Neither one of them have/had any intention of doing what is right for the American people.

Immie

TheGreatGatsby says: Yea. I followed Romney's personal life, career and campaign and I can tell you that's not the case. He's an honorable man. Obama is the scum of the earth.

Immanuel says: Sorry, I just don't agree on the honorable part.

Immie

As for the word "care", it was used in the context of "give a shit about" not in the context of providing for or taking care of.

Immie

I know what context you used it in. And, I don't care if some politician gives a shit about me. If I want someone to give a shit about me, I'll look to those closest to me, not some government buffoon. Their job is to give a shit about the country, not give a shit about me.

Forum List

Back