Mitt and Ann's hired help - A "scandal" waiting to happen?

Hope they don't have any illegals who worked for them as house cleaners. :eusa_whistle: Thats sunk > 1 person running for public office.

how can you say that Pelosi thinks illegals are patriots

Global Domination Through Applied Inactivity: Illegal Immigrants are American Patriots? Why Nancy Pelosi is an Idiot.

Pelosi isn't running for president.

Next!

that is getting lame, really because when republicans say something there you are to spout it out and u dont accpet the "they are not running for president defese" so just stop

Let me get this straight, Barry Hussein's partnership and political association with unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers didn't raise the left's eyebrows but they are concerned with the salary Romney paid his maid? How much help did president Hussein give to his own brother who lives in a freaking hut in Kenya living off $20.00 per year? Obama is one cold fish.

IRS forms released Tuesday by Mitt Romney's presidential campaign show that despite reporting income of $21.7 million, the couple paid only $20,603 in taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four women: Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).

According to a number of Boston-based domestic staffing agencies, the salary range for a housekeeper is between $20 and $30 an hour, which adds up to an annual salary of $40,000 to $50,000 based on forty-hour weeks and two weeks of paid vacation a year.

But this number is only for one house, and the Romneys have three houses -- a 2,000 sq. ft. townhouse in Belmont, Mass., a 5,400 sq. ft. lake house on 11 acres in Wolfeboro, N.H., and a beach house in La Jolla, Calif., that is undergoing renovations to double its size.

Mitt Romney's Maids' Salary Raises Questions

Ann Romney's "Childhood Nanny" Dishes On Privileged Upbringing

The Boston Globe reported June 27, 2007, "Mitt eschewed the trappings of wealth. The family had no cook or full-time maid." An anonymous source close to the Romneys told the International Business Times Thursday, "No nannies." While the Romneys financial disclosure forms show they had four housekeepers in 2010, the women weren't paid nearly enough to be regular laundresses. Some of the wages paid were for personal-assistant-type chores, instead of washing dishes.

The Other War on Moms: No Nanny, No Maid at the Romney Home

Just so I understand this, here is a woman with an Olympic Dressage horse who has gardeners and three enormous houses. She also has had two terrible diseases and yet, she raised 5 boys and cleaned three enormous houses and she's worth hundreds of millions of dollars? So much in fact, even they don't seem to know how much they are worth.

Yet, she did it all with virtually no help????? No maids? No nanny's? No one doing laundry?

Does anyone believe this? Is this why Romney doesn't want his tax returns made public?

quick someone is questiong obamas record, bring in clinton or go to the tax returns.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which of Obama's records are you questioning? Go ahead, "ask". I'll be happy to help you out.

when did he shut down gitmo?

Let me get this straight, Barry Hussein's partnership and political association with unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers didn't raise the left's eyebrows but they are concerned with the salary Romney paid his maid? How much help did president Hussein give to his own brother who lives in a freaking hut in Kenya living off $20.00 per year? Obama is one cold fish.

dont forget the aunt who lived here illegally.

I just don't see how poor ole sick Ann does all that housekeeping all by herself. Wow, what a woman.
true. It just don't add-up :dunno:
A couple of pros can do it in 3 - 4 hours. Total cost: $90 - $120.

120 divided by 4 equals 30.

30 divided by 2 equals 15.

"Pros" working for 15 dollars an hour? Yea, professional illegal immigrants.

Do you ever think about the nonsense you write? Ever?

I still want it explained how "professionals" work for $15 dollars an hour. Even a cheap corner whore expects a crumpled "20".

LOL

A couple of pros can do it in 3 - 4 hours. Total cost: $90 - $120.

I still want it explained how "professionals" work for $15 dollars an hour. Even a cheap corner whore expects a crumpled "20".

$15 an hour is almost double minimum wage.

quick someone is questiong obamas record, bring in clinton or go to the tax returns.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which of Obama's records are you questioning? Go ahead, "ask". I'll be happy to help you out.

when did he shut down gitmo?

Fox News pushes GOP horror story of Obama setting Gitmo terrorists loose in U.S.

Look at these Fox News headlines.

gitmo-20090512-2.jpg
gitmo-20090512-3.jpg

He tried, but Republicans terrorized the country once again with their constant lying.

$15 an hour is almost double minimum wage.

How many "professionals" get minimum wage?

Ann would probably fire all White House staff and perform all cleaning and cooking chores herself. What a woman...

No one said that, you are an idiot, it isn't inconceivable that she may have used a professional cleaning company and/or then had her paid employees work part time. For you guys to get yourselves so worked up about this, show desperation.

So I went and actually looked it up at a couple of different sites. Not only is the minimum about $25 per hour, but that's only the beginning. They can also include:

Square footage
Number of occupants
Pets
Frequency of Service
Carpet Cleannig
Any other special circumstances that apply to you

Some even require a "deep cleaning" before they sign any contract and that varies with house size. A 5,000 square foot house is very uncommon because it's so big. Just doing the windows would be quite a lot of work.

And remember, Mitt has how many houses? Not even sure.

Even a bi weekly minimum cleaning of a 5,000 foot house probably costs about 10 grand. And he paid only 20 grand for all his houses? And a "minimum cleaning" is dusting and vacuuming and wiping down counters and mopping. Doing blinds are $20 for each set. It defies common sense that he paid so little.

Hate to break this to you Deanie but the "going rate" for housekeepers varies in a big way from place to place and situation to situation.

When I used to live in Aspen one of the most sought after "gigs" was being a live in caretaker for one of the rich folks that had big houses in the valley. That typically didn't pay anything at all but what it did provide was free housing. In return for that you'd have to keep the place up while they were away.

So I went and actually looked it up at a couple of different sites. Not only is the minimum about $25 per hour, but that's only the beginning. They can also include:

Square footage
Number of occupants
Pets
Frequency of Service
Carpet Cleannig

Some even require a "deep cleaning" before they sign any contract and that varies with house size. A 5,000 square foot house is very uncommon because it's so big. Just doing the windows would be quite a lot of work.

Even a bi weekly minimum cleaning of a 5,000 foot house probably costs about 10 grand. And he paid only 20 grand for all his houses? And a "minimum cleaning" is dusting and vacuuming and wiping down counters and mopping. Doing blinds are $20 for each set. It defies common sense that he paid so little.

There are many businesses that can come in and deep clean and it wouldn't be on a 1099 or a W-2. They could be using an actual company, like MerryMaids.

You're reaching and desperate and it shows.

e1eeafe486e8c9cf4caff08dd2578057.jpg

4f6d5880f382ff961cd98c65449c4065.jpg

9209f0808d41332c8ae4afcb22c3e54c.jpg
article-2079971-0F4B7CED00000578-999_634x363.jpg

image.jpg

Romney%2Bhouse%2BFB.jpg

Ann Romney didn't clean all that by herself. She had Mitt and 5 boys. We all know how boys LOVE to clean. And they are going to tear down one of their houses and double the size because she really like to clean. No really!

Who the fuck wouldn't want to stay home?:eusa_silenced:

OMG--the Romney's live in a NICE home--That's something to be real ANGRY ABOUT--:badgrin::badgrin:

APPARENTLY WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MORE ANGRY ABOUT WHAT ROMNEY DID WITH HIS MONEY--THAN WHAT OBAMA DID WITH OURS.

Obama-and-Green-Economy.jpg

Economic stimulus dollars that Obama PROMISED would create millions of jobs in this country ended up creating jobs in China/Finland and a host of foreign countries.

CHINA
A war is emerging between Congress and the White House over high-profile stimulus programs that lawmakers claim aren't serving the American people.

Senate Democrats lashed out at the Obama administration on Wednesday, saying its stimulus wind energy program creates jobs overseas instead of in the U.S., and they're calling for the administration to put a stop to it.

"Today, we are demanding the Obama administration suspend this program immediately," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

The program has already spent $2 billion, funding enough projects to power 2.4 million homes.

An investigation by ABC News and the Investigative Reporting Workshop found that 79 percent of the program's money has gone to foreign companies, money that Schumer said was "federal tax dollars, the stimulus, which was sold as jobs in America."
Obama's Stimulus Money Spent Overseas, Jobs in China - ABC News

FINLAND
With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.
Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department’s $529 million loan to the start-up electric car company called Fisker as a bright new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs. But two years after the loan was announced, the job of assembling the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car has been outsourced to Finland. Fisker Automotive, is funded by a venture capital firm whose partners include former Vice President Al Gore.

6a00d8341c60fd53ef017616339783970c-800wi

Last edited:

Gee, Lakhota...since most of the time when the House DOES vote on something and send it over to the Senate, Harry Reid let's it sit on his desk gathering dust how is it that the Republicans are to blame for nothing getting done?

Or is that one of the "inconvenient" questions you progressives don't like to address?

Square footage
Number of occupants
Pets
Frequency of Service
Carpet Cleannig

Why would he need a bi-weekly cleaning of all his houses? He can only live in one of them at a time. 7 people make about the same mess whether they live in a 1500 sq ft apartment or a 10,000 sq ft mansion, so the cost wouldn't be that much greater.

He probably doesn't have his ski lodge in Utah cleaned at all for the 9 months of the year when it's not snowing.

Square footage
Number of occupants
Pets
Frequency of Service
Carpet Cleannig

Why would he need a bi-weekly cleaning of all his houses? He can only live in one of them at a time. 7 people make about the same mess whether they live in a 1500 sq ft apartment or a 10,000 sq ft mansion, so the cost wouldn't be that much greater.

He probably doesn't have his ski lodge in Utah cleaned at all for the 9 months of the year when it's not snowing.

That's a great point. You could actually have no one in to clean at all for months. Not even so much as one broom sweep. Then have a crew come in at closing and opening which would mean peanuts for cleaning.

IRS forms released Tuesday by Mitt Romney's presidential campaign show that despite reporting income of $21.7 million, the couple paid only $20,603 in taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four women: Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).

According to a number of Boston-based domestic staffing agencies, the salary range for a housekeeper is between $20 and $30 an hour, which adds up to an annual salary of $40,000 to $50,000 based on forty-hour weeks and two weeks of paid vacation a year.

But this number is only for one house, and the Romneys have three houses -- a 2,000 sq. ft. townhouse in Belmont, Mass., a 5,400 sq. ft. lake house on 11 acres in Wolfeboro, N.H., and a beach house in La Jolla, Calif., that is undergoing renovations to double its size.

Mitt Romney's Maids' Salary Raises Questions

Ann Romney's "Childhood Nanny" Dishes On Privileged Upbringing

The Boston Globe reported June 27, 2007, "Mitt eschewed the trappings of wealth. The family had no cook or full-time maid." An anonymous source close to the Romneys told the International Business Times Thursday, "No nannies." While the Romneys financial disclosure forms show they had four housekeepers in 2010, the women weren't paid nearly enough to be regular laundresses. Some of the wages paid were for personal-assistant-type chores, instead of washing dishes.

The Other War on Moms: No Nanny, No Maid at the Romney Home

Just so I understand this, here is a woman with an Olympic Dressage horse who has gardeners and three enormous houses. She also has had two terrible diseases and yet, she raised 5 boys and cleaned three enormous houses and she's worth hundreds of millions of dollars? So much in fact, even they don't seem to know how much they are worth.

Yet, she did it all with virtually no help????? No maids? No nanny's? No one doing laundry?

Does anyone believe this? Is this why Romney doesn't want his tax returns made public?

Have you ever heard of maid service? They come in and spend an hour or two cleaning your house. I used to have it once a week, and I'm no millionaire. I know wealthy people who have it once a day, but even at that rate, it wouldn't cost $40K a year. $4k - $8K is in the ball park.

I suspect someone with five kids and the resources the Romney's have wouldn't be inclined to 'hire' a service and allow person unkown to enter and clean their homes. I wouldn't and I have much less to lose than do the Romney's. I would interview and have a background check completed on those who would work in my home by a professional before doing so. I suppose Romney and most intelligent people would.

I suspect someone with five kids and the resources the Romney's have wouldn't be inclined to 'hire' a service and allow person unkown to enter and clean their homes. I wouldn't and I have much less to lose than do the Romney's. I would interview and have a background check completed on those who would work in my home by a professional before doing so. I suppose Romney and most intelligent people would.

I know wealthy people who get maid service. One was a lawyer who won one of the biggest settlements ever awarded. he was shopping around for a Lear Jet when I knew him. So you're just plain wrong. He had maid service once a day.

The employees of companies like Molly Maid are bonded. Which means if they steal or damage anything an insurance company will pay for it. Homeowners have little to fear.

Why would anyone want a live-in maid? I simply can't fathom why you would want to bring an extra person into your household.

Forum List

Back