Minnesota United Methodist approve gay rights resolution

jillian said:
The guy who thinks Spongebob Squarepants is gay??? Credible???

:rotflmao:

Hey, we already know on the board how much you hate biblical Christians, and how much Dr. Dobson raises your atheist hackles, but your comment doesn't add credence, with possible out of context references of Dobson's statements or any other notable Christian's opinions/comments.

If Dobson sees some references or tendencies in the Square Bob cartoon that he feels is bordering or inferring something, he's free to comment.

Your also free to support your "rebutt".
Anyway, how can his statement that they wrangled over the issue of homosexuality be taken as a poorly made comment. Many churches wrangle over issues of doctrine; homosexuality being one of them.

I think you'll find that his statement was credible, as I also remember something in the near past about the Methodist church debating the "gay" issue.
You just get all Porcupiney, when a Christian is used as credible reference...........in other words, you believe that because a person that adheres/believes in biblical truths, they are not credible. I guess you've ruled out Jesus as being credible, but just a self-deluded Rabi, with thoughts of granduer, or a suicidal, martyr complex? Maybe He even feigned death on the cross, and really wasn't dead when they took Him down........right? Or He was dead, but his fanatical followers sneeked out of the tomb to mimick a ressurrection, right?

Christians are just superficial, "pie in the sky" folks who are weak mentally, and emotionally, and need this Jesus as their "Opiate", right?

We just can't stack up to the clear minded intellectual debaters of these times who no for a fact that life is ours, and our destiny..........period..........all evidences of lead to that conclusion..........right?
It gets to the point, where a Christian says, " The sky is blue.". and the anti-God, liberal left will say, "No is isn't.", for fear that their agreeing with this Jesus/bible follower will make them out to be hypocrites of their own philosophy of life.
It bleeds down into every aspect of life........Left=good Right=bad

I as a Christian freely see issues on both conservative and liberal that are both good and bad.

I believe that Christians have a constitutional right to say that Sponge bob may be passing on some covert or overt things to kids that isn't good. You have the right to disagree, respectfully.

At no time in Dr. Dobsons life........and all his writing has he maligned non-Christians, or be-littled them. You won't find it. He is respectful to folks of all races, and religions. That's why he his radio show is widely circulated both on religious and non-religios radio stations.

So many that follow your this vain of, be-littling, demeaning, and mocking Christians when they express their concerns, conclusions. They may be wrong, or too extreme, just as secularists can be too. That doesn't mean that they deserve to be be-littled.

In fact, what has Dr. Dobson done to you personally that causes these spurts of "hate" or mockery towards him? Hasn't he a right to be treated respectfully? Has he outright attacked Non-Christians with personal vendetta? No.

Eightball said:
Hey, we already know on the board how much you hate biblical Christians

If you really believe that, you're out there in la la land.

and how much Dr. Dobson raises your atheist hackles

Where did you ever get the idea I'm an athiest. You either haven't been reading or you're an out and out liar.

but your comment doesn't add credence, with possible out of context references of Dobson's statements or any other notable Christian's opinions/comments.

I think his statement absolutely is proof of his lack of foundation in reality and is fair game. But since you feel that way, I'll remind you when you raise anyone else's unrelated statements to comment on their purported lack of credibility.

If Dobson sees some references or tendencies in the Square Bob cartoon that he feels is bordering or inferring something, he's free to comment.

Yup...and I'm free to think he's a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

Christians are just superficial, "pie in the sky" folks who are weak mentally, and emotionally, and need this Jesus as their "Opiate", right?

Ummmmmm...nope. Not even close to anything I've said. I just don't want anyone else's ideology imposed on me and mine. You wouldn't want anyone else's ideology imposed on your government, would ya?

Nope...didn't think so.

We just can't stack up to the clear minded intellectual debaters of these times who no for a fact that life is ours, and our destiny..........period..........all evidences of lead to that conclusion..........right?

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! whine, whine...

It gets to the point, where a Christian says, " The sky is blue.". and the anti-God, liberal left will say, "No is isn't.", for fear that their agreeing with this Jesus/bible follower will make them out to be hypocrites of their own philosophy of life.

You're living in a fantasy world and you're either intentionally lying and misrepresenting or you have serious reading comprehension problems. Or is it just that you're so arrogant that you think everyone who doesn't share your fundamentalist belief system is an athiest?

It bleeds down into every aspect of life........Left=good Right=bad

The world is far more complex than that, though I do believe you see the world as that black and white.

I as a Christian freely see issues on both conservative and liberal that are both good and bad.

That's nice. Your posts give no indication of that.

I believe that Christians have a constitutional right to say that Sponge bob may be passing on some covert or overt things to kids that isn't good. You have the right to disagree, respectfully.

I also have the right to think anyone who thinks that is wacky.

At no time in Dr. Dobsons life........and all his writing has he maligned non-Christians, or be-littled them. You won't find it. He is respectful to folks of all races, and religions. That's why he his radio show is widely circulated both on religious and non-religios radio stations.

Sure it is...he's just a model of tolerance. :rollseyes:

So many that follow your this vain of, be-littling, demeaning, and mocking Christians when they express their concerns, conclusions. They may be wrong, or too extreme, just as secularists can be too. That doesn't mean that they deserve to be be-littled.

I don't belittle "christians"... I am perfectly entitled to say when someone is off the deep end. You don't like it, you're free to disagree.

In fact, what has Dr. Dobson done to you personally that causes these spurts of "hate" or mockery towards him? Hasn't he a right to be treated respectfully? Has he outright attacked Non-Christians with personal vendetta? No.

Why would I treat him respectfully? What has he done to earn MY respect?

The thing is, jillian, you use one thought you don't agree with to dismiss an entire person. That's pretty simplistic thinking; the world is more complex than that.

rtwngAvngr said:
The thing is, jillian, you use one thought you don't agree with to dismiss an entire person. That's pretty simplistic thinking; the world is more complex than that.

After reading this thread, I'd say you hit that particular nail right on the head.

rtwngAvngr said:

Couldn't have anything to do with Dobson's previous form, right?

Forum List

Back