Military photos of soldiers with dead

Twinkies.......dingdongs :rolleyes:...does it matter?

I am not and have not referred to what they are accused of, wherever did you get that idea?:eusa_eh:

i mean, there are millions of them.

you really have to keep it all in perspective.

and some of the pics were probably beautifully choreographed.

:rolleyes:

yeah, where did i get that eyedear, eyerolling teenager.

maybe because you post idiocy about muskets in 1700 et al in this thread?

nice hack job formatting that post, btw. matches your other input in this thread.

bon appetit.

:lol:your twinkie comment got what it deserved or maybe you are just posting "serious shit" as you claim to do, when you get around to it, let me know, I've never seen it.

I take it you never served in the Military. Why don't you move the post where it belongs, bones? Try the conspiracy forum.

I am not and have not referred to what they are accused of, wherever did you get that idea?:eusa_eh:

:rolleyes:

nice hack job formatting that post, btw. matches your other input in this thread.

bon appetit.

:lol:your twinkie comment got what it deserved or maybe you are just posting "serious shit" as you claim to do, when you get around to it, let me know, I've never seen it.

focus, motherfucker.

and, read the thread while being focussed.

then you will find my "serious shit", and maybe you will even understand what this thread is about.

if you can't decipher my "serious shit", then read bootneck's post.

and then ask yourself if your input in this thread is

A) defending
B) excusing
C) deflecting
D) irrelevant
E) all of the above.

bon appetit.

focus, motherfucker.

I don't insult you, so I'd appreciate same, its common courtesy.

and, read the thread while being focussed.

then you will find my "serious shit", and maybe you will even understand what this thread is about.

if you can't decipher my "serious shit", then read bootneck's post.

and then ask yourself if your input in this thread is

A) defending
B) excusing
C) deflecting
D) irrelevant
E) all of the above.

I said so before and will repeat it, I was answering the op, in that taking photos with dead bodies as gruesome as it sounds is not new, in fact as my reference to The Pacific, referred, if you read or are familiar with [the] war diaries, of say EB Sledge and others, the atrocities committed even in the so called 'good war', posing with the dead in photos is relatively tame.

I have not posted a judgment on their actions as to killing civilians etc. For the record though, anyone in the service who knowingly kills non combatants deserves everything they get in this world and beyond.

So it's both? These guys are responsible for their actions despite what you said earlier and we should treat all our vets like serial killers on parole who could kill anyone at any time?

We dont live in a black and white world, you send somebody off to kill for long periods of time you can not be surprised when they kill, and you must bear some of the responsibility as you are the one who asked them to kill and put them in the position to continuously do such.
We're not upset they killed

We're upset they murdered civilians

I guess it just wasn't as much fun when the victims weren't unarmed and helpless

Maybe, and maybe prolonged exposure to warfare can make a person crack.

Their job is to defend us.
Their stipulated purpose is to defend us but they are routinely misused by incompetent or malfeasant governments.

Whether the wars/conflicts you mention were in our defense or not is in my opinion, immaterial.
Immaterial? I frankly can't think of anything more material than the unnecessary military adventures our government habitually engages in at enormously wasteful cost in blood, suffering and treasure.

I don't know about you but the only fighting the U.S. military ever did for me took place between 1941 and 1945. And for that I am eternally grateful and proud.

I haven't sent them anywhere -- nor would I have.

I respect them for that.
They have my sympathy.

I would prefer they do so and give the impression that they are doing so, with a measure of respect for the lives of people.
I would prefer that our military not be used for any purpose other than the actual defense against armed aggression.

I hate to say this, but you have totally mis-understood what I have been trying to say.

You have misinterpreted my words. Probably my fault, but I am not going to continue this.

Suffice it to say, I do not blame our soldiers for doing as they are ordered to do. They go where the CinC tells them to go. If he screws up that is not their fault. As I said, I would prefer they do that job in a respectable and humane manner.

Immie

Tue., Mar. 22 2011

The court martial of Stryker "Kill Team" member Jeremy Morlock is set to begin at 9 a.m tomorrow at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. The footsoldier will contend that in war, the enemy is whoever you decide to shoot - the reason the 22-year-old might not see freedom until the 2030s. He has already described "fucking killing these people" in a taped interview, and is expected to finally plead guilty to murdering three Afghan civilians, claiming he was otherwise a good soldier.

Graphic photos showing U.S. troops posing with dead Afghans were published by a German news organization Monday, with one showing a soldier smiling as he held a bloodied and partially clothed corpse.

The photos published by Der Spiegel were among several seized by Army investigators looking into the deaths of three unarmed Afghans last year. Five soldiers based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, south of Seattle, have been charged with murder and conspiracy in the case.

Der Spiegel did not respond to requests for comment on Monday. It wasn't known how the organization obtained copies of the photos.

Photos show GIs posing with dead Afghans - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

we train them to kill...then get all pissy when they are proud of their work....

anyone on a military base for any period of time has seen these slogans:

mess with the best...die with the rest

we kill them all and let god sort them

marines dont judge terrorist, god does, marines just arrange the meeting...

for every damned fucking photo of the us soldier with a dead afghanistan....i want to see fucking photos of beheaded soldiers etc.

I only just now found out about this story. If it's true.....

1. It damages the levels of trust that troops risk their lives to develop.
2. It makes the jobs of troops that much more dangerous, as if it wasn't tough enough already.
3. I find the cold blooded abuse of dead bodies, whoever does it, utterly repugnant.

Graphic photos showing U.S. troops posing with dead Afghans were published by a German news organization Monday, with one showing a soldier smiling as he held a bloodied and partially clothed corpse.

The photos published by Der Spiegel were among several seized by Army investigators looking into the deaths of three unarmed Afghans last year. Five soldiers based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, south of Seattle, have been charged with murder and conspiracy in the case.

Der Spiegel did not respond to requests for comment on Monday. It wasn't known how the organization obtained copies of the photos.

Photos show GIs posing with dead Afghans - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

we train them to kill...then get all pissy when they are proud of their work....

for every damned fucking photo of the us soldier with a dead afghanistan....i want to see fucking photos of beheaded soldiers etc.

2. It makes the jobs of troops that much more dangerous, as if it wasn't tough enough already.
3. I find the cold blooded abuse of dead bodies, whoever does it, utterly repugnant.

Of course it's true, Tiger. The first of these animals has been found guilty and sentenced to 24 years. Let's hope the rest of the bastards get a life sentence.

US soldier gets 24 years in slayings of 3 Afghans - The Boston Globe

Of course it's true, Tiger. The first of these animals has been found guilty and sentenced to 24 years. Let's hope the rest of the bastards get a life sentence.

US soldier gets 24 years in slayings of 3 Afghans - The Boston Globe

Yes, I've read up on it a bit more now. Initial mistrust I think stems from the QLR photos from a few years ago, but in this case the evidence I've seen appears overwhelming.

I'm stunned that they could do this, and I hope the sentences handed out are harsh.

"
The brigade gave me open access. I could go anywhere, anytime, so long as I could find a ride, which never was a problem beyond normal combat problems. If they had something to hide, it was limited and I didn’t find it. I was not with the Soldiers accused of murder and had no knowledge of this. It is important to note that the murder allegations were not discovered by media vigilance, but by, for instance, at least one Soldier in that tiny unit who was appalled by the behavior. A brigade is a big place with thousands of Soldiers, and in Afghanistan they were spread thinly across several provinces because we decided to wage war with too few troops. Those Soldiers accused of being involved in (or who should have been knowledgeable of) the murders could fit into a minivan. You would need ten 747s for the rest of the Brigade who did their duty. I was with many other Soldiers from 5/2 SBCT. My overall impression was very positive. After scratching my memory for negative impressions from 5/2 Soldiers, I can’t think of any, actually, other than the tiny Kill Team who, to my knowledge, I never set eyes upon."

Calling BULLSHIT on Rolling Stone

"The US has never (and may it never) face an occupying force. If we ever do, I would hope that we would fight with the same heart and conviction that we face in Afghanistan and Iraq."

Really? Do you also hope we would take up the systimatic deliberate brutal murder of innocents? That is SOP for our enemy. When the jehadists kill American civilians do their comrades punish or reward and revire them?

At the very least I think that our troops deserve a through investigation and-if called for-trial before loosing any lynch mobs.

This is nothing new in the world of the military. Squeamishness is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71W_FFW_J0"]patton said it this way (Voice of George C Scott)[/ame]

"We are going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks"

Last edited:

Between you and me, I would prefer that we pass on the beheaded soldiers part of that.

And quite frankly, I would prefer to think of us as the good guys in this conflict. I'd rather our soldiers take their job with a measure of sorrow for what they have to do for us. They fight for us and to defend us, but they don't have to enjoy doing it... IMHO.

Immie

:clap2:

"The last time American military personnel fought, died and sacrificed to defend us was during WW-II. Are you aware of any exception?"

ALL who have fought did so to defend us no more or less than WWII. Your unwillingness to acknowledge that is your fault and says very nasty things about your character.

Were our troops in Korea defending us against the North Koreans and the Chinese Communists?

Were our troops in Vietnam defending us against the North Vietnamese?

Were the American troops who invaded Grenada and Panama defending us?

Were the 4,000+ Americans who died (so far) in Iraq defending us?

Are the Americans who are fighting in Afghanistan defending us?[/

Yes, absolutely. When you prove you are competent to determine stratagy and/or tactics please get back to us.

Last edited:
How many unarmed people did NATO kill in Libya? The Germans all concerned about dead bodies? The world is upside down under liberalism.

OINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Washington — The ringleader of a rogue US army unit accused of killing Afghan civilians for sport treated the locals like "savages," a court martial heard.
The so-called "kill team" led by Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs was "out of control," prosecutors added as grisly photos of soldiers posing with a corpse were shown in court.
Gibbs, who sat expressionless in a tiny courtroom where the week-long case is being heard, also allegedly brandished fingers cut off dead bodies in a failed attempt to silence members of his team.
The 26-year-old faces life in prison if convicted on charges including three counts of premeditated murder, in a scandal that has threatened Abu Ghraib-style embarrassment for the US military.
Gibbs, the fourth member of the rogue unit to face court martial, is accused of staging killings between January and May 2010 to make them look like legitimate combat casualties.

Forum List

Back