Military photos of soldiers with dead

So, which is it? These soldiers are responsible for their own actions and your earlier attempts to excuse their crimes and pin the blame elsewhere is bullshit or all our veterans should be treated as criminals who could kill a random woman in the middle of the mall at any time?
We do not live in a black and white world.
So it's both? These guys are responsible for their actions despite what you said earlier and we should treat all our vets like serial killers on parole who could kill anyone at any time?

We dont live in a black and white world, you send somebody off to kill for long periods of time you can not be surprised when they kill, and you must bear some of the responsibility as you are the one who asked them to kill and put them in the position to continuously do such.

killing machines etc etc..:rolleyes:can we get a grip here?

For those that don't read, did no one here for instance watch The Pacific? Or some such film on war, taken from detailed and authentic war diary(s)?

These kids today are relatively tame. I would go even further to say that over the last 15 years or so our armed forces have been better behaved than they ever have, all the way back to the first one to grab a musket in the 1700's... period.

You put men into a seemingly endless war they will start to act like barbarians, blame goes to the people in charge that have over extended our military personnel not the guys partaking in these acts, see enough war and death and your respect for life will wane.
We agree But you cant have an organized force @ home watching what the government is doing, when they have taken an oath to defend the Constitution . they have to keep them busy over seas out of fear .

Graphic photos showing U.S. troops posing with dead Afghans were published by a German news organization Monday, with one showing a soldier smiling as he held a bloodied and partially clothed corpse.

The photos published by Der Spiegel were among several seized by Army investigators looking into the deaths of three unarmed Afghans last year. Five soldiers based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, south of Seattle, have been charged with murder and conspiracy in the case.

Der Spiegel did not respond to requests for comment on Monday. It wasn't known how the organization obtained copies of the photos.

Photos show GIs posing with dead Afghans - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

we train them to kill...then get all pissy when they are proud of their work....

anyone on a military base for any period of time has seen these slogans:

mess with the best...die with the rest

we kill them all and let god sort them

marines dont judge terrorist, god does, marines just arrange the meeting...

for every damned fucking photo of the us soldier with a dead afghanistan....i want to see fucking photos of beheaded soldiers etc.

It's moment like this when I wish I could post pictures.

I have stacks upon stacks of pic showing soldiers and marines playing with Afgan kids and the Vets and the kids are loving it.

Every special, or news story where they show Americans walking through a village there are ALWAYS people coming up to shake hands.

but the gruesome is what makes the news.

It's hard to be sympathetic to people that are trying to kill you, let alone see them as people.

A few bad apples can make the whole military look bad.

A good friend of mine is a marine and is currently in Afghanistan. I've seen pictures of him hanging out with kids, posing in goofy pictures with them (giving thumbs up for example), hanging out, and a little girl handing him a handful of flowers.

I do also wish more Americans would be able to see pictures similar to this.

For those that don't read, did no one here for instance watch The Pacific? Or some such film on war, taken from detailed and authentic war diary(s)?

These kids today are relatively tame. I would go even further to say that over the last 15 years or so our armed forces have been better behaved than they ever have, all the way back to the first one to grab a musket in the 1700's... period.

yeah, boys will be boys.

maybe some of them loaded up on twinkies before the tame killing.

You put men into a seemingly endless war they will start to act like barbarians, blame goes to the people in charge that have over extended our military personnel not the guys partaking in these acts, see enough war and death and your respect for life will wane.
We agree But you cant have an organized force @ home watching what the government is doing, when they have taken an oath to defend the Constitution . they have to keep them busy over seas out of fear .

That is crazy people talk.

yeah, boys will be boys.

Twinkies.......dingdongs :rolleyes:...does it matter?

yeah, boys will be boys.

who knows, i mean, others do bad stuff, too. and after all, it is getting better compared to the last centuries.

hey, they are only accused of having murdered 3 afghans.

i mean, there are millions of them.

you really have to keep it all in perspective.

and some of the pics were probably beautifully choreographed.

[...]

And quite frankly, I would prefer to think of us as the good guys in this conflict. I'd rather our soldiers take their job with a measure of sorrow for what they have to do for us. They fight for us and to defend us, but they don't have to enjoy doing it... IMHO.

Immie
The last time American military personnel fought, died and sacrificed to defend us was during WW-II. Are you aware of any exception?

Were our troops in Korea defending us against the North Koreans and the Chinese Communists?

Were our troops in Vietnam defending us against the North Vietnamese?

Were the American troops who invaded Grenada and Panama defending us?

Were the 4,000+ Americans who died (so far) in Iraq defending us?

Are the Americans who are fighting in Afghanistan defending us?

yeah, boys will be boys.

who knows, i mean, others do bad stuff, too. and after all, it is getting better compared to the last centuries.

hey, they are only accused of having murdered 3 afghans.

I am not and have not referred to what they are accused of, wherever did you get that idea?:eusa_eh:

i mean, there are millions of them.

you really have to keep it all in perspective.

and some of the pics were probably beautifully choreographed.

:rolleyes:

Graphic photos showing U.S. troops posing with dead Afghans were published by a German news organization Monday, with one showing a soldier smiling as he held a bloodied and partially clothed corpse.

The photos published by Der Spiegel were among several seized by Army investigators looking into the deaths of three unarmed Afghans last year. Five soldiers based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, south of Seattle, have been charged with murder and conspiracy in the case.

Der Spiegel did not respond to requests for comment on Monday. It wasn't known how the organization obtained copies of the photos.

Photos show GIs posing with dead Afghans - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

we train them to kill...then get all pissy when they are proud of their work....

anyone on a military base for any period of time has seen these slogans:

mess with the best...die with the rest

we kill them all and let god sort them

marines dont judge terrorist, god does, marines just arrange the meeting...

for every damned fucking photo of the us soldier with a dead afghanistan....i want to see fucking photos of beheaded soldiers etc.

It's moment like this when I wish I could post pictures.

I have stacks upon stacks of pic showing soldiers and marines playing with Afgan kids and the Vets and the kids are loving it.

Every special, or news story where they show Americans walking through a village there are ALWAYS people coming up to shake hands.

but the gruesome is what makes the news.

It's hard to be sympathetic to people that are trying to kill you, let alone see them as people.

A few bad apples can make the whole military look bad.

A good friend of mine is a marine and is currently in Afghanistan. I've seen pictures of him hanging out with kids, posing in goofy pictures with them (giving thumbs up for example), hanging out, and a little girl handing him a handful of flowers.

I do also wish more Americans would be able to see pictures similar to this.

Those pics aren't *news* and aren't representative of the way our liberal elite want the military portrayed.

[...]

And quite frankly, I would prefer to think of us as the good guys in this conflict. I'd rather our soldiers take their job with a measure of sorrow for what they have to do for us. They fight for us and to defend us, but they don't have to enjoy doing it... IMHO.

Immie
The last time American military personnel fought, died and sacrificed to defend us was during WW-II. Are you aware of any exception?

Were our troops in Korea defending us against the North Koreans and the Chinese Communists?

Their job is to defend us. Whether the wars/conflicts you mention were in our defense or not is in my opinion, immaterial. They do our fighting for us. They go where we send them, when we send them.

I respect them for that. I would prefer they do so and give the impression that they are doing so, with a measure of respect for the lives of people.

Does that help clear up your misunderstanding of what I said?

Immie

[...]

Immie

You make a point. Most of our wars since WWII have been wars of aggression.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are wars of aggression. We weren't attacked by Iraq or Afghanistan.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are wars of aggression. We weren't attacked by Iraq or Afghanistan.

Right, we were only attacked by people they trained. :thup:

We trained bin laden when it was convenient for us while opposing USSR. We supported Saddam when it was convenient for us to have him as an ally against Iran.

We supply most of the world's weapons.

And provide specific instances of the training bin Laden received at our hands.

Forum List

Back