Middle Schoolers Assigned To Write 'Allah Is The Only God'

All this mindless and politically correct kowtowing to Muslims started when George W. Bush uttered the words that will forever be remembered as the dumbest in history:

"Islam is a religion of Peace".

Where is the outrage. Where is the protest ? If this had been a Christian assignment it would be all over the liberal media Parents Upset That Middle Schoolers Assigned To Write 'Allah Is The Only God'
I fail to see the problem?? ...... :cool:
Then you need a change of scenery..
head_up_ass.jpg

Lets all shit our pants b/c of a middle school World Cultures course. Too funny.

Perhaps the teacher is Muslim and to not teach these children about Allah being the one true God violates his or her religious liberty. We should accommodate the religious liberty of the teacher to convert these middle school infidels.

got the link to work....i dont think it is a good choice to make anyone write something like that....i would not want my child to write that any god is the only god....and i would object to so much time on one religion.....and it should be taught from a historical reference.....a better question would be....how have the worlds religions influence your view of culture and history

got the link to work....i dont think it is a good choice to make anyone write something like that....i would not want my child to write that any god is the only god....and i would object to so much time on one religion.....and it should be taught from a historical reference.....a better question would be....how have the worlds religions influence your view of culture and history
I would bet anything that if we found out the real context of why that was written, it would be the most innocent thing in the world.

allahassignment.jpg

i am sure the parent did the lie part.....but i would object to this assignment....i would object to any assignment that told my child there is only one god

But according to school officials, the class is just following Tennessee state standards adopted by Gov. Bill Haslem. Though he signed a bill against Common Core in May, the new TN Core standards are said to be very similar to the controversial curriculum.

The middle school supervisor for Maury County Public Schools Dr. Jan Hanvey stated that these topics have been covered in the area schools for 31 years and said that the three weeks of study doesn't only focus on the religion but the culture, economics, geography and government around the religion. She assures that only one day is spent talking about Islam and students will also get to Buddhism and Hinduism later on.

Hanvey also stated that the chapter on Christianity wasn't skipped intentionally, but put off for another time, when the history class will study America and the Age of Exploration.

Hanvey blames recent events for causing the public to "fear" Islam, much like the way, she said, people feared the Japanese during World War II. “It’s hard to separate religion from history,” Hanvey said. “It’s teaching about religion. We are not trying to convert.”

In a statement, Spring Hill Middle School Principal Shanda Sparrow acknowledged that perhaps the school did "not do the best job" in warning parents of sensitive subjects that their children were scheduled to learn. To promote an "open dialogue," a parent-teacher meeting is set up for later in September to address the concern.

Maury County Schools Director Chris Marczak wrote a defense on Facebook saying the assignment was to teach the religion to students, not convert them, nor "to endorse one religion over another or indoctrinate." He added:

2nd link....

Lets all shit our pants b/c of a middle school World Cultures course. Too funny.

Perhaps the teacher is Muslim and to not teach these children about Allah being the one true God violates his or her religious liberty. We should accommodate the religious liberty of the teacher to convert these middle school infidels.
Wait ti they get up to the Crusades! I have a GREAT idea for show and tell.

All this mindless and politically correct kowtowing to Muslims started when George W. Bush uttered the words that will forever be remembered as the dumbest in history:

"Islam is a religion of Peace".

Will they show the little kiddies the proper way to cut someones head off so it's pleases Allah.

Quick, look! Before facts get in the way!

Dr. Jan Hanvey, Maury County Public Schools middle school supervisor, said the curriculum and topics have been covered for at least 31 years. She is a former social studies teacher.

She said teachers do not spend three weeks specifically talking about Islam, but rather the geography, culture, economics and government surrounding the religion.

Islam is discussed for about one day of the three-week period, Hanvey said. By the end of the year, students will have studied Buddhism, Hinduism and other religions, she said.

“It’s part of history. If you don’t talk about it, then you are leaving out the ‘why,’” Hanvey said. “Children need to know the ‘why,’ and they need to be able to learn and know where to find the facts, instead of going by what they hear or what they see on the Internet.”

The chapter on Christianity was not skipped over but was put off until a later date, she said. The textbook’s chapter layout does not drive instruction. Instead, teachers use a pacing guide that may be different from chapter chronology, Hanvey said.

The state’s pacing guide says seventh grade social studies begins with the Islamic world, then moves on to studies in ancient Africa. The year ends with the “Age of Exploration,” which is continued in eighth grade.

Christianity is studied during the Age of Exploration section partly because religious persecution is one of the main reasons pilgrims left in search of a new world, Hanvey said.

Parents concerned over religious curriculum

Forum List

Back