Mexico 'won't pay single cent for Trump's stupid wall'

Meh, just withhold all foreign aid to the shit hole. They'll pay one way or another
Damn you're stupid! Mexico gets $51 million per year....the wall will cost $200 billion! Much of our food comes from Mexico. Produce and meat. Cut off Mexico and the rest of central and south America will cut off the U.S.....in a trade war the U.S. loses.

In 2013, the United States gave Mexico $51.5 million in foreign aid. Of that amount, $24.8 million, the largest segment, was designated for democracy, human rights and governance. The next largest amount, $10.9 million, was designated for the environment, and $8.4 million was designated for economic development.
How much foreign aid does the United States give to Mexico?

The United States is the largest economy and market in the world.

There is no way we lose a Trade War with Mexico.

So are you going to have a mass visa program to save these industries and farms?

If we can't get enough Convicts, teens, welfare mothers to pick lettuce then OK, guest worker cards. Sponsored by the employer. Is that so hard? If it brown flush it down.

All tried and you Americas have rights and stuff...

Illegal Mexicans don't... That's why farmers like Mexicans... Vice did a program on it and the Convicts couldn't keep up with Mexicans... If you want teens to do it, good luck...

Guest Workers get rights too...

You have no solution without tanking the US economy... Illegal Immigration is the US secret slave market...

The US buys drugs and pumps their home land full of Guns which leaves a society which finds it very hard to function... Why don't the US just stop exporting illegal guns to Mexico and stop buying drugs coming through there country?

The US does NOT pump Mexico full of guns. THat's lefty bullshit.

One of Trump's goofy promises. Mexico has zero reason to pay for it and plenty of reason not to.

We'll take their desperate and unemployed.
I think we should do what Ethiopia did in the 90s......just mine the border.
Oh, and these illegals would self-deport if you give them a good enough reason. Like refuse to allow them to work......or ship any repeat offenders off to Cuba.

One of Trump's goofy promises. Mexico has zero reason to pay for it and plenty of reason not to.

Oh, and these illegals would self-deport if you give them a good enough reason. Like refuse to allow them to work......or ship any repeat offenders off to Cuba.
Seems to me the best way to incentivize illegals to self-deport would be to make it so that Mexico isn't such a shit hole from which people want to escape.

There has to be something that can be done to (a) militarily wipe out the cartels and (b) move some American capital and industry from overseas to Mexico.

Wishful thinking, I suspect. But I do wonder why this is never discussed.

Source: CNBC

Holly Ellyatt | Hadley Gamble
2 Hours Ago
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might want to build a wall across the country's southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, the former Mexican president told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The Presidential hopeful shocked viewers in October by insisting that, if elected, he would build a wall the Mexican border and what's more, Mexico would pay for it. But Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico between 2006 and 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for such a device.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he added. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Read more: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

It is highly doubtful that Mexico will pay anything.
And I just heard Ford is sending the focus plant down to mexico

Seems to me the best way to incentivize illegals to self-deport would be to make it so that Mexico isn't such a shit hole from which people want to escape.

There has to be something that can be done to (a) militarily wipe out the cartels and (b) move some American capital and industry from overseas to Mexico.

If we can't fix Iraq or Afghanistan how we gonna fix mexico?

I don't think the two situations are comparable at all.

If we don't want to do it, great, we can continue with this mess.

Mexico is no different from any average Middle Eastern country. They will just resent us if we stick our noses into their business.

Nope. Mine the border.....keep these people from coming here and bringing drugs and diseases, and stop them from sending money back to their relatives. That would end the mess with the cartels.

Mexico is no different from any average Middle Eastern country. They will just resent us if we stick our noses into their business.

Nope. Mine the border.....keep these people from coming here and bringing drugs and diseases, and stop them from sending money back to their relatives. That would end the mess with the cartels.
Well, no doubt it would have to be an agreement between our governments.

But I don't believe for a minute that Mexicans wouldn't be open to this. More than half my extended family originated there, and they agree with me completely.

They consider themselves America's close cousin. The countries in the Middle East sure as hell do not.

Well, no doubt it would have to be an agreement between our governments.

But I don't believe for a minute that Mexicans wouldn't be open to this. More than half my extended family originated there, and they agree with me completely.

They consider themselves America's close cousin. The countries in the Middle East sure as hell do not.
Mexico hates us. If we do anything for them, they'll just curse us even more. They resent us. Envy us. Don't want to be us. But they want to come here and take advantage of us.

Mac, that was the idea partially behind NAFTA. The whole thing was to stop Communism by opening markets and jobs up putting them in a position of capitalism. It was actually supposed to reach further South than Mexico. It hasn't worked as advertised. Maybe because the goals were to lofty, maybe because their governments are so corrupt, 6 of one, half dozen of the other. That could be a whole thread in itself.

Still, if we did this with Mexico, (which is a good idea) then we would have to convince them to build the wall on their Southern border. Why? Because the other countries further South of them would continue to see people migrating North for said jobs. Sure, Mexico may enforce their laws to protect their people, but ours would still be fighting and in a quandry. The people further South would just by pass Mexico who enforced their immigration laws, and still end up here. To suggest we would use the "carrot and stick" approach with Mexico to have them see it our way is to proclaim we don't have a large enough "carrot and stick" already.

I would ask this question, and I am going by the seat of my pants on this one, because I do not know the answer----------> how bad is the illegal immigration problem in Canada? They have infrastructure, free healthcare, and decent jobs along with being more for freebies than we are? If it is not bad, or they have a solution, why is that they do, and we do not?

If it is as bad, or near as bad as here, what does their government think about the problem, or do they even consider it a problem?

Mac, that was the idea partially behind NAFTA. The whole thing was to stop Communism by opening markets and jobs up putting them in a position of capitalism. It was actually supposed to reach further South than Mexico. It hasn't worked as advertised. Maybe because the goals were to lofty, maybe because their governments are so corrupt, 6 of one, half dozen of the other. That could be a whole thread in itself.

Still, if we did this with Mexico, (which is a good idea) then we would have to convince them to build the wall on their Southern border. Why? Because the other countries further South of them would continue to see people migrating North for said jobs. Sure, Mexico may enforce their laws to protect their people, but ours would still be fighting and in a quandry. The people further South would just by pass Mexico who enforced their immigration laws, and still end up here. To suggest we would use the "carrot and stick" approach with Mexico to have them see it our way is to proclaim we don't have a large enough "carrot and stick" already.

I would ask this question, and I am going by the seat of my pants on this one, because I do not know the answer----------> how bad is the illegal immigration problem in Canada? They have infrastructure, free healthcare, and decent jobs along with being more for freebies than we are? If it is not bad, or they have a solution, why is that they do, and we do not?

If it is as bad, or near as bad as here, what does their government think about the problem, or do they even consider it a problem?
I certainly don't think it's anywhere near the level that it is here, and I've never heard of it being one. Unfortunately, this appears to be unique to us in the Americas.

And your point about the southern border of Mexico is fascinating, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I would look at it this way: I would love to have that problem, I'd love to see Mexico shed its shit hole status, making protecting itself an issue (for a change).

If this was indeed the goal of NAFTA, you're right, it didn't work. It would have been an indirect attempt to deal with the problem, and I think this mess requires a more overt, direct approach. There has to be a way to maintain complete Mexican sovereignty at the same time we heavily invest there and improve our interests and security.

Good stuff, thank you!

I certainly don't think it's anywhere near the level that it is here, and I've never heard of it being one. Unfortunately, this appears to be unique to us in the Americas.

And your point about the southern border of Mexico is fascinating, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I would look at it this way: I would love to have that problem, I'd love to see Mexico shed its shit hole status, making protecting itself an issue (for a change).

If this was indeed the goal of NAFTA, you're right, it didn't work. It would have been an indirect attempt to deal with the problem, and I think this mess requires a more overt, direct approach. There has to be a way to maintain complete Mexican sovereignty at the same time we heavily invest there and improve our interests and security.

Good stuff, thank you!

So you know Mac..........I to am a second generation Hispanic on my fathers side. (Mexico) I remember my cousins calling from Mexico to my father when we lived in Chicago, singing the praises of JFK because he had sent Milk down there to all the school children. (look it up, it is true)

I am not, and could never be anti-Mexican American, or I would be anti-myself, lol. But I do know that to help people, we have to insure we have the assets to do it. It makes no difference what we think as a country, if we continue to have less, and less, to give as we are in trouble ourselves. For me, it is kind of like the argument we take everything we can from the rich, to secure the poor. That is a one time thing because the rich will then not have enough to finance it again! If we fail with the one time deal, then what? And since the government who consistently screws stuff up would be the middle man, I kinda think the prospects of success are rather bleak.

And so, my philosophy has been for years.............make America as rich as we can, so that it can help as many people as possible. When your pockets are full and you are confident you can refill them if need be, you are more likely to let loose of some of the greenbacks hanging out, lol.

Enjoy your day. I am in Florida for a few months (have to go back home in 6 weeks, yuck) working on............well I am sure you can guess, lol. Talk later-)

I don't think the two situations are comparable at all.

If we don't want to do it, great, we can continue with this mess.
Watch the movie Sicario and then tell me you are going to fix that mess. Good luck.

Canada doesn't have 'sanctuary cities' where hundreds of thousands of illegals are free to do whatever they want to. Canada has extremely strict border patrols.
No Latina can simply walk across the border and 'blend in' with the millions of illegals that don't exist in Canada.
The odd Church has tried to 'harbor' the odd illegal Latino family but 100% of the time the family ends up being deported. Then they have to go through years of paperwork to ever be allowed back into Canada legally. So 99.99999% of Latino illegals don't even bother trying to illegally enter Canada.
It's WAY!!! easier to enter the US.

Look... It does NOT help our soldiers anywhere when idiots make statements like these:
Senator Obama(D) .."troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "War is lost",
U.S. Rep. Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Senator Kerry(D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
The enemy LOVES to use idiots' above statements to recruit and kill more of our troops.
But the other enemy of our troops is the stupidity of Obama's total hatred of American troops by telling our troops........
Patrol only in areas that you are reasonably certain that you will not have to defend yourselves with lethal force,” the laminated card reads.
For a soldier who has traveled halfway around the world to fight, that’s like telling a cop he should only patrol in areas where he knows he won’t have to make arrests. “Does that make any f–king sense?” Pfc. Jared Pautsch.
Byron York: McChrystal's Real Offense (Rules of Engagement Killing Our Troops)
Byron York: McChrystal's Real Offense (Rules of Engagement Killing Our Troops)

Now you tell me with those kinds of incentives to the terrorists, idiots telling the terrorists our troops are the bad guys and then telling our troops not to go after
the bad guys...what the f...k do you expect can be done to "fix" any enemy's occupation???

Source: CNBC

Holly Ellyatt | Hadley Gamble
2 Hours Ago
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might want to build a wall across the country's southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, the former Mexican president told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The Presidential hopeful shocked viewers in October by insisting that, if elected, he would build a wall the Mexican border and what's more, Mexico would pay for it. But Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico between 2006 and 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for such a device.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he added. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Read more: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

It is highly doubtful that Mexico will pay anything.

upload_2016-2-10_11-43-31.jpeg

Forum List

Back