Mexico 'won't pay single cent for Trump's stupid wall'

Meh, just withhold all foreign aid to the shit hole. They'll pay one way or another
Damn you're stupid! Mexico gets $51 million per year....the wall will cost $200 billion! Much of our food comes from Mexico. Produce and meat. Cut off Mexico and the rest of central and south America will cut off the U.S.....in a trade war the U.S. loses.

In 2013, the United States gave Mexico $51.5 million in foreign aid. Of that amount, $24.8 million, the largest segment, was designated for democracy, human rights and governance. The next largest amount, $10.9 million, was designated for the environment, and $8.4 million was designated for economic development.
How much foreign aid does the United States give to Mexico?
You are the stupid one!
Forget the peanuts the US sends to Mexico to essentially line the corrupt Mexican government officials. It's all for show.
The REAL money the Mexican officials get is from the kick-backs from the Cartels.
Someone explain to me how a simple city mayor in a dusty shithole town in Mexico who 'on the books' is getting 10K a year can live in a million dollar villa with five servants. Send his kids to the best private schools in Spain, has five cars each costing over 100K, spends four months a year 'on holiday' with his EXTENDED family???????????
There are THOUSANDS of officials that live like the millionaires they are because of the Cartels.
If that isn't corruption what is? The Cartels put the fucking mayor in office and as long as he does what they tell him he stays alive.

Do you live in Mexico?
Are you a politician in Mexico?

This is the rules, take the money or else...
Mexico mayor killed less than a day after taking office

Now where do the Cartels get the money and the guns to bribe and intimidate?
Dear God you are fucking dumb!
The drugs come from S.A. and the ME.
The guns are bought from the sale of drugs from central European arms manufacturers who produce cheap knock-offs of US made guns. Ask Glock.

As usual full of shit...

According to [U.S.] Justice Department figures, 94,000 weapons were recovered from Mexican drug cartels in the five years between 2006 and 2011, of which 64,000 -- 70 percent -- come from the United States."

Why would they need guns from Eastern Europe when guns are freely available in US...

Damn you're stupid! Mexico gets $51 million per year....the wall will cost $200 billion! Much of our food comes from Mexico. Produce and meat. Cut off Mexico and the rest of central and south America will cut off the U.S.....in a trade war the U.S. loses.

In 2013, the United States gave Mexico $51.5 million in foreign aid. Of that amount, $24.8 million, the largest segment, was designated for democracy, human rights and governance. The next largest amount, $10.9 million, was designated for the environment, and $8.4 million was designated for economic development.
How much foreign aid does the United States give to Mexico?
You are the stupid one!
Forget the peanuts the US sends to Mexico to essentially line the corrupt Mexican government officials. It's all for show.
The REAL money the Mexican officials get is from the kick-backs from the Cartels.
Someone explain to me how a simple city mayor in a dusty shithole town in Mexico who 'on the books' is getting 10K a year can live in a million dollar villa with five servants. Send his kids to the best private schools in Spain, has five cars each costing over 100K, spends four months a year 'on holiday' with his EXTENDED family???????????
There are THOUSANDS of officials that live like the millionaires they are because of the Cartels.
If that isn't corruption what is? The Cartels put the fucking mayor in office and as long as he does what they tell him he stays alive.

Do you live in Mexico?
Are you a politician in Mexico?

This is the rules, take the money or else...

Now where do the Cartels get the money and the guns to bribe and intimidate?

From drug sales? Duh....

And which countries pathetic drugs policy has caused this...

America exports guns and drug money to Mexico and puts it in the hands of criminals and then blames Mexico because their country is corrupt from intimidation and bribery.

How about stop making Mexico a hell hole... If Mexico's economy was better then less people would want o come to America... Mexico has got better and there net return... It is Central America that is now getting the major treatment...
You asshole! The fucking Mexican government has been in bed with the drug cartels for decade.
Put the blame where it belongs. In FACT it's the Cartels which buy the guns from E. Europe and smuggle them into the negro shit holes in the US.

Read my earlier posts fuctwit...

wake up people, Trump did not say he was going to send Mexico an invoice and ask them to write us a check. Are you fools really that ignorant?

We can make them pay thru tariffs, foreign aid cuts, fuel sanctions, and several other fiscal means.

It always amazes me how stupid half of this country is.

Ok, so we put tariffs on Mexican products...and they retaliate....like the Ford automobiles which are going to be built there starting next year to be imported into the USA. Guess who will end up paying those tariffs? You guessed it! US Ford customers!

Maybe Ford should be incentivized to move those jobs back to the USA. What an extreme conservative idea. Why do you think Ford moved those US jobs to Mexico? any fricken idea? Unions and taxes, that's why. Our government has been finding ways to screw American businesses for years, and you liberfools beg for more of it.

Mexican labor is ONE FIFTH the cost of US labor...with no health insurance premiums to pay for their workers because Mexico has universal health care. Good luck with that plan. BTW, Trump knows that any tarriffs put on Mexican imports are added to the price that Americans pay for the products. He just assumes that his supporters don't know that. He is right.

Yes, tariffs are added to the price of the foreign product, when they make the price too high, people will buy American products------------that's the whole idea, fool.

Ok, well I live in Southern AZ, and I bought asparagus yesterday for $1.19 per pound from Mexico. There is NO asparagus crop in the US this early in the year. In fact, most of the nation's out of season vegetables are grown and imported from Mexico. The car you drive is built at 20% of the labor cost of an American made car. They can slap a lot of tariff on that car without driving you to buy one made in the USA. I get my RX for 50% of what I would pay in America, and even that comes to almost $3,000 per year. Red, the only thing that happens when you slap tariffs on a product is that it slows trade, and raises prices. In addition to that, tariffs are not allowed under our NAFTA treaty.

Don't give up you day job to become an economist, Red. Just keep repeating Trump's mantra about how Mexico is going to pay for the wall. If he were elected, which he won't be, YOU will pay for the wall. That is how tariffs work. Don't expect that a tariff is going to incentivize American farmers to grow asparagus in February.

Don't eat it in February, problem solved, idiot.

Indian reservations are not "sovereign nations". They are part of the USA that has been deeded to the indian tribes. The are not separate countries. Are you a complete moron?

Red, I don't have time to educate you. I live next door to this reservation and Border Patrol is allowed in ONLY with their permission. Look it up for yourself. Again, the reservation is half in Mexico, and there is NO checkpoint between the Mexican half and the US half, except one that is manned by by their own people.

You said that indian reservations were sovereign nat
Indian reservations are not "sovereign nations". They are part of the USA that has been deeded to the indian tribes. The are not separate countries. Are you a complete moron?

Red, I don't have time to educate you. I live next door to this reservation and Border Patrol is allowed in ONLY with their permission. Look it up for yourself. Again, the reservation is half in Mexico, and there is NO checkpoint between the Mexican half and the US half, except one that is manned by by their own people.

you said that indian reservations were sovereign nations, That is not true. They are part of the USA. I don't know the specifics on the one that you say is in both the US and Mexico, but I can guarantee that the federal government thinks that the part in the US is US territory.

If there is no checkpoint at the border, there should be.

Indian reservations are sovereign in the same sense that states are soverieng. The feds have limited authority there, and one thing they can not do is take their land and build fences on it.

Tribal sovereignty in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, they are like any other private property. But if you think the federal govt could not invoke imminent domain on them, you are very naïve.

Red, do you research ANYTHING before posting? Do you think that the federal government can exercise eminent domain with a sovereign nation? Jeezus, guy read up on it! The have a treaty with the federal government. The days when the feds could just ignore and break treaties are over.

Indian reservations ARE PART OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. The Indians have a deed to that land from the federal government. If the govt decides to put a wall on indian reservations they can use imminent domain just like they could if they needed to build an interstate interchange on your property. They would have to give fair market value for the land.

Indian reservations are sovereign in the same sense that states are soverieng. The feds have limited authority there, and one thing they can not do is take their land and build fences on it.

Now this statement is an absolute red herring, total deflection, and down right funny!

Come on people of USMB, wake up!

You can't build a wall on the border, see your plans are totally ruined!!!!!!

Oh hell, WTF are you talking about you will build that part of the wall 2 miles inside the border and let the tribe deal with their own invasion if they so choose?!?!?!?!?!?! OMG, you wrecked my narrative, time to go down into my parents basement, eat a bag of Cheetos, and formulate a rebuttal-)

Well, I'ma, that reservation goes, in some parts of S. AZ from the longitude of Tucson, to about 50 miles South of the border, and from I-19 almost to the California border. It is the largest reservation in the USA, and no, the BP is allowed on the reservation only on permission from the tribal council. The Pima County sheriff can not even arrest anyone on that reservation, even if they committed a crime off of that reservation. They have control of that land, and they do not share that control with the feds, state, or county.

Not important! If it is their land and do not want the wall, we will build it behind them. Since by your post, we have no control over it anyway, what is the difference? We are NOT trying to stop them from going on to Indian lands, if the Indians could care less. We are trying to stop them from coming into OUR sovereign lands.

Just build the wall around it if that tribe balks. Nothing special about that, now is there?

So, since their land is in Mexico, are you planning to build the wall there, or are you planning to build the wall north of the reservation, which pretty much ends somewhere between Tucson and Phoenix? Oh, and BTW, the USA got permission (at a price) to build I-19 THROUGH the reservation. Are you going to wall that off, too?

And, while we are on the subject, if you were to wall in the Indians, you are illegally restricting the movement of people who are, in addition to O'Odham citizens, American citizens. Are you going to demand that these American citizens present passports to go from the reservation to Tucson.

This conversation is too ridiculous to even continue.

yes, your comments are totally ridiculous. better leave before you become the laughing stock of USMB

Source: CNBC

Holly Ellyatt | Hadley Gamble
2 Hours Ago
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might want to build a wall across the country's southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, the former Mexican president told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The Presidential hopeful shocked viewers in October by insisting that, if elected, he would build a wall the Mexican border and what's more, Mexico would pay for it. But Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico between 2006 and 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for such a device.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he added. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Read more: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

It is highly doubtful that Mexico will pay anything.

I'm sorry, but is that response somehow surprising to anyone other than Trump?

Down here in Southern AZ, illegals are almost all self employed. They are handymen, painters, gardeners, junk haulers, carpenters, sheet rock hangers, roofers, lawn care, etc., etc. I guess that they are supposed to e-verify themselves.

They are illegal, as you said. They should not be in this country. This isn't complicated. Every other country in the world deports anyone who enters illegally. WTF is wrong with us?

you said that indian reservations were sovereign nations, That is not true. They are part of the USA. I don't know the specifics on the one that you say is in both the US and Mexico, but I can guarantee that the federal government thinks that the part in the US is US territory.

Yes, they are like any other private property. But if you think the federal govt could not invoke imminent domain on them, you are very naïve.

Red, do you research ANYTHING before posting? Do you think that the federal government can exercise eminent domain with a sovereign nation? Jeezus, guy read up on it! The have a treaty with the federal government. The days when the feds could just ignore and break treaties are over.

Indian reservations ARE PART OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. The Indians have a deed to that land from the federal government. If the govt decides to put a wall on indian reservations they can use imminent domain just like they could if they needed to build an interstate interchange on your property. They would have to give fair market value for the land.
Vandal, I think the answer to your question is no. LOL

Vandal, I think the answer to your question is no. LOL

Are you and your libtardian buddy claiming that indian reservations are not part of the USA? Are you claiming that they are not subject to the laws of the USA?

Ok, so we put tariffs on Mexican products...and they retaliate....like the Ford automobiles which are going to be built there starting next year to be imported into the USA. Guess who will end up paying those tariffs? You guessed it! US Ford customers!

Maybe Ford should be incentivized to move those jobs back to the USA. What an extreme conservative idea. Why do you think Ford moved those US jobs to Mexico? any fricken idea? Unions and taxes, that's why. Our government has been finding ways to screw American businesses for years, and you liberfools beg for more of it.

Mexican labor is ONE FIFTH the cost of US labor...with no health insurance premiums to pay for their workers because Mexico has universal health care. Good luck with that plan. BTW, Trump knows that any tarriffs put on Mexican imports are added to the price that Americans pay for the products. He just assumes that his supporters don't know that. He is right.

Yes, tariffs are added to the price of the foreign product, when they make the price too high, people will buy American products------------that's the whole idea, fool.

Ok, well I live in Southern AZ, and I bought asparagus yesterday for $1.19 per pound from Mexico. There is NO asparagus crop in the US this early in the year. In fact, most of the nation's out of season vegetables are grown and imported from Mexico. The car you drive is built at 20% of the labor cost of an American made car. They can slap a lot of tariff on that car without driving you to buy one made in the USA. I get my RX for 50% of what I would pay in America, and even that comes to almost $3,000 per year. Red, the only thing that happens when you slap tariffs on a product is that it slows trade, and raises prices. In addition to that, tariffs are not allowed under our NAFTA treaty.

Don't give up you day job to become an economist, Red. Just keep repeating Trump's mantra about how Mexico is going to pay for the wall. If he were elected, which he won't be, YOU will pay for the wall. That is how tariffs work. Don't expect that a tariff is going to incentivize American farmers to grow asparagus in February.

I refuse to buy produce from Mexico. The FDA standards are not there.

Great, but you don't always know where it comes from, do you?

I don't always know, if we go out to dinner, who knows. I do check the labels in stores I shop and I prefer organic.

I don't always know, if we go out to dinner, who knows. I do check the labels in stores I shop and I prefer organic.

Me too. But you know what's funny. Blueberries from the USA have a higher level of pesticides than blueberries from Chile. Which would you rather eat?

Red, you refuse to research, and you refuse to be educated. Fine. Then, I simply shift in to high gear, and assure you that your opinion on the wall makes no difference, because:
1. Trump will not be elected, and
2. The wall will not be built.

Frankly, that renders the entire discussion meaningless.

Red, you refuse to research, and you refuse to be educated. Fine. Then, I simply shift in to high gear, and assure you that your opinion on the wall makes no difference, because:
1. Trump will not be elected, and
2. The wall will not be built.

Frankly, that renders the entire discussion meaningless.

In your small mind maybe. But most of the wall already exists, what's missing is enforcement.

If Trump gets the GOP nomination, he will be president.

Now that Hillary is likely to be indicted (and then pardoned by Obama) who are you dems going to run? Bernie???????????? LOL, Plugs Biden???????????? LOL. Ya got nobody, its hilarious watching you fools fawn over your old tired white people.

Me too. But you know what's funny. Blueberries from the USA have a higher level of pesticides than blueberries from Chile. Which would you rather eat?

I like organic blueberries.

There is no such thing as "imminent" domain.

I like organic blueberries.

Me too, but do you trust the label?

There is no such thing as "imminent" domain.

aw shit!, did I misspell a word. Damn

Digging a tunnel is a lot harder than walking across open land.

And considering the talking points the Left uses against enforcing immigration laws, ie Humans have a right to go where they want, or that whites stole the land from the indians, discussing Open Border is completely called for.

Not to mention that ELEVEN MILLION ILLEGALS ARE LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY.

Arguing that the border is not "open" when 11 MILLION ILLEGALS ARE LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY IS semantic nonsense.
Taking a boat to get around it is much easier than digging a tunnel.

Getting a boat is a lot harder than walking across open ground.
Smugglers have been smuggling people into America for decades and decades. They will not let a Trump built wall stop them. They will adjust and adapt the way they always have. As long as people can get jobs here they will keep coming. The problem will not stop until the people who hire them are targeted and prosecuted. Those are the laws that need enforcing, but will not be. Corrupt politicians won't let those kinds of laws be enforced. Even Trump turns a blind eye and blamed the undocumented on his job sites on the "contractors". The walls we need are already built. We just have the wrong people enclosed in them.

The Chicken and Egg deflection is done. Trump, if he wins, will address both at the SAME TIME.

Thus decreasing reward and increasing difficulty for would be Illegals.

The Pretense that we could not do both at the same time was a lie designed to fool only the Willing DUpes.
How's he going to accomplish that? He's still going to need Congress to fund it. Something they've been unwilling to do since 2006.

The President can put pressure on the Congress, especially when his position is far closer to that one the people support than Congress's.

Forum List

Back