Mexico begins paying for the wall as peso's value sinks over NAFTA talks

Libs have no concept of what it can mean when someone says “ you’ll pay for that”. Someone busts your windshield with a bat? You tell them “you’ll pay for that”! The ignorant Lib thinks, “I’m not buying a new windshield”! Only to return home, and find it’s been burned to the ground... Libs are the worst possible combination of ignorant, and mentally ill.

Trump?

US Total Trade Worldwide $3.643+ Trillions ( with -$734 billions deficits).

US Trade with:
Canada $545 Billions (def. $11+billions)
Mexico $525 Billions (def.$63+ billions)

That is $1.07 Trillions of products and services sold between these 3 countries.
If you interrupted that or withdraw from NAFTA.
1. Massive layoffs.
2. What happened to those products and companies?
3. Prices will skyrocketed across the board not only here in US but also neighboring countries.

Bad boy Trump.

Exclusive: Canada increasingly convinced Trump will pull out of NAFTA

LONDON, Ontario (Reuters) - Canada is increasingly convinced that President Donald Trump will soon announce the United States intends to pull out of NAFTA, two government sources said on Wednesday, sending the Canadian and Mexican currencies lower and hurting stocks.

The comments cast further doubt on prospects for talks to modernize the trilateral North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which Trump has repeatedly threatened to abandon unless major changes are made.

Officials are due to hold a sixth and penultimate round of negotiations in Montreal from Jan. 23-28 as time runs out to bridge major differences.

It is not certain the United States would quit NAFTA even if Trump gave the required six months’ notice, since he is not obliged to act once the deadline runs out. Notice of withdrawal could also raise opposition in Congress.

One of the Canadian government sources also said later it was not certain that Trump would move against the treaty and that Ottawa was prepared for many scenarios.

But even the prospect of potential damage to the three nations’ integrated economies sparked market concerns.

Wall Street’s major stock indexes ended lower on Wednesday, partly due to those worries. [.N]

The Canadian dollar weakened to its lowest this year against the greenback on Wednesday as the NAFTA concerns tempered bets that the Bank of Canada will raise interest rates next week.

Mike Archibald, associate portfolio manager at AGF Investments in Toronto, cited “a tremendous amount of uncertainty on the horizon”.

Canadian government bond prices rose across the yield curve and railway, pipeline and other trade-sensitive stocks weighed on the country’s main index.

Mexico's currency also weakened and stocks extended losses. The S&P/BM IPC stock index .MXX fell about 1.8 percent...

Exclusive: Canada increasingly convinced Trump will pull out of NAFTA

LONDON, Ontario (Reuters) - Canada is increasingly convinced that President Donald Trump will soon announce the United States intends to pull out of NAFTA, two government sources said on Wednesday, sending the Canadian and Mexican currencies lower and hurting stocks.

The comments cast further doubt on prospects for talks to modernize the trilateral North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which Trump has repeatedly threatened to abandon unless major changes are made.

Officials are due to hold a sixth and penultimate round of negotiations in Montreal from Jan. 23-28 as time runs out to bridge major differences.

It is not certain the United States would quit NAFTA even if Trump gave the required six months’ notice, since he is not obliged to act once the deadline runs out. Notice of withdrawal could also raise opposition in Congress.

One of the Canadian government sources also said later it was not certain that Trump would move against the treaty and that Ottawa was prepared for many scenarios.

But even the prospect of potential damage to the three nations’ integrated economies sparked market concerns.

Wall Street’s major stock indexes ended lower on Wednesday, partly due to those worries. [.N]

The Canadian dollar weakened to its lowest this year against the greenback on Wednesday as the NAFTA concerns tempered bets that the Bank of Canada will raise interest rates next week.

Mike Archibald, associate portfolio manager at AGF Investments in Toronto, cited “a tremendous amount of uncertainty on the horizon”.

Canadian government bond prices rose across the yield curve and railway, pipeline and other trade-sensitive stocks weighed on the country’s main index.

Mexico's currency also weakened and stocks extended losses. The S&P/BM IPC stock index .MXX fell about 1.8 percent...

I like the complete lack of any awareness that major changes could be made.

7,000,000 Americans losing their jobs in 2009 and the Liberals now kiss Obama’s ass for saving America.
Bring jobs back and the Liberals scream eternal fiscal disaster for America.

Libs have no concept of what it can mean when someone says “ you’ll pay for that”. Someone busts your windshield with a bat? You tell them “you’ll pay for that”! The ignorant Lib thinks, “I’m not buying a new windshield”! Only to return home, and find it’s been burned to the ground... Libs are the worst possible combination of ignorant, and mentally ill.

He didn't say they will pay for that. He said they will pay for the wall.
Should they ask us to pay for any damage brought on by our drug war?

If you had not been such dicks over the last 50 years, that would be a valid point of discussion.

BUt, after your behavior over the last 50 years?

HELL FUCKING NO.

If you had not been such dicks over the last 50 years, that would be a valid point of discussion.

HELL FUCKING NO.
they could say the same thing.

HELL FUCKING NO.

If they want to have a discussion about who have been a bad neighbor and what we should do about it,

I say,

HELL FUCKING YES, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/mexic...rs-other-latam-currencies-gain-20171013-00843

SAO PAULO, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Mexico's peso, hit a fresh five-month low on Friday on concerns over Mexico's future commerce ties with top trade partner the United States, while other Latin American currencies strengthened.

The Trump administration on Friday demanded that U.S.-made content account for half the value of the cars and trucks sold under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), adding to doubts about any potential deal to renew the pact.

The peso, which has weakened as concern for the future of NAFTA has grown, dropped around 0.25 percent.

In central bank minutes published on Thursday, a majority of board members recommended maintaining a prudent monetary policy stance due to "adverse scenarios" in Mexican-U.S. ties, which could heighten risks for economic growth and the peso...

One way or another, Mexico will pay.

But they're not paying for the wall. They're paying because Trump seems to think that this whole thing will make the US more money. The EU has shown that more open trading makes EVERYONE richer, so Mexico will suffer, but so too will the US.

If you think the EU has “open trade” then you are dumber than we previously thought. Why is it that pro-EU bums warned the UK they would suffer if they left the EU? Because the EU will use it’s power to fuck over the UK as much as they can as punishment for rejecting globalism.
The EU is a common market, and you're a common idiot.

Great. Another one-track contribution.

I swear - if were to discuss the impact of wicking sweat off my balls by various manufacturers of men's underwear, you would blame it on the drug war.

You need to get out of that drug-induced coma.

HELL FUCKING NO.

If they want to have a discussion about who have been a bad neighbor and what we should do about it,

I say,

HELL FUCKING YES, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU.
who insisted on a drug war?

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/mexic...rs-other-latam-currencies-gain-20171013-00843

SAO PAULO, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Mexico's peso, hit a fresh five-month low on Friday on concerns over Mexico's future commerce ties with top trade partner the United States, while other Latin American currencies strengthened.

The Trump administration on Friday demanded that U.S.-made content account for half the value of the cars and trucks sold under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), adding to doubts about any potential deal to renew the pact.

The peso, which has weakened as concern for the future of NAFTA has grown, dropped around 0.25 percent.

In central bank minutes published on Thursday, a majority of board members recommended maintaining a prudent monetary policy stance due to "adverse scenarios" in Mexican-U.S. ties, which could heighten risks for economic growth and the peso...

One way or another, Mexico will pay.

Exactly how will that payment be used to build the 'wall'?

Great. Another one-track contribution.

I swear - if were to discuss the impact of wicking sweat off my balls by various manufacturers of men's underwear, you would blame it on the drug war.

You need to get out of that drug-induced coma.
Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Forum List

Back