Men...

Because women don't know the formula for themselves, and they project their confused mess onto men, wanting them to be something more than what they are.

Sorry, ladies, but it's true.

So if the women were more together, then they should do a better job with their men?

I think if women understood themselves and their motivations better, they might be more savvy in their choices of men, rather than looking at them as fixer-uppers.

There are only 3 men on the planet at any given moment in history who aren't "fixer-uppers"... one is dating your best friend and two of them are gay.

-Joe

I have spent a lifetime pondering this quesiton and the difference between men and (most of) us is this...

they're SHALLOW. Completely, hopelessly shallow. Even the alleged "big thinkers". Men are shallow creatures.

I want to answer this, but I must put it off to a later time...... I have little chance of getting laid tonight if I don't get the laundry done.

-Joe

We also require the house cleaned, laundry done, our beer kept cold and the children take care of!

Oh yea, and now since women's liberation, we also require you to work and bring home a paycheck!

Let us know how that works out for you.

Well I help clean the house, I do a good part of cooking, the fridge keeps the beer cold and I do may part taking care of the kids. But my wife does work, so one part of my plan worked!:lol:

Its simple, here is what men need: Food, Sex (and yes women that includes the occassional oral), Beer, Boy's Night (occasional), Not to be interupted during any big sporting event and a roof over the head!

:eusa_think:

Last edited:
I have spent a lifetime pondering this quesiton and the difference between men and (most of) us is this...

they're SHALLOW. Completely, hopelessly shallow. Even the alleged "big thinkers". Men are shallow creatures.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

I've met men who are deeper than I would ever imagine and likewise, women who were completely vapid and shallow.

I would go so far as to agree that men seem to be more simple. Not simple-minded, just more basic. They tend to see logic, black & white or the nuts and bolts of things, if you will. We women see more than is there many times and cause ourselves more problems than if we would just accept things at face value and try to see the logic behind life, rather than the emotions through our rose-colored glasses.

That being said, I rarely understand myself, much less everyone else around me, male or female. :tongue:

Oh they have deep t houghts, and with proper motivation can communicate on a pretty spectacular level...

But they're still shallow. It takes most men about 2 minutes to move on after a divorce or death of a partner. And if they don't like the way you look, they won't like the way you think (or the fact that you think at all).

Oh they have deep t houghts, and with proper motivation can communicate on a pretty spectacular level...

But they're still shallow. It takes most men about 2 minutes to move on after a divorce or death of a partner. And if they don't like the way you look, they won't like the way you think (or the fact that you think at all).

How are women different? He's got to look like this, dress like that, have a bank account this big, be good with kids, like cats, have good table manners, etc. or he's a neanderthal. We miss out on a lot of good men when we try to put them into little boxes like that.

And I've met quite a few men who are attracted to a woman's mind long, long before they've ever set eyes on her. Can women say the same?

Seems a sweeping generalization to say that men are shallow. It's like the generalization that women are bitches. Sure, some are but not all. But we'll rant and rave if they label us all like that.

I've met about 2 or 3 women who think that way, and I despise them just as I despise men who think that way. THe difference is, most men I meet are shallow. SHallow women are here and there.

The rest make excuses for their pigs of husbands. I have yet to run across a man that will make any sort of excuse for his wife.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Well I help clean the house, I do a good part of cooking, the fridge keeps the beer cold and I do may part taking care of the kids. But my wife does work, so one part of my plan worked!:lol:

Its simple, here is what men need: Food, Sex (and yes women that includes the occassional oral), Beer, Boy's Night (occasional), Not to be interupted during any big sporting event and a roof over the head!

:eusa_think:

What's there to think about! Married women tend to toss their freakiness out door after at least the first Junior comes along! And a roof over the head. Every person wants this also!

I've met men who are deeper than I would ever imagine and likewise, women who were completely vapid and shallow.

I would go so far as to agree that men seem to be more simple. Not simple-minded, just more basic. They tend to see logic, black & white or the nuts and bolts of things, if you will. We women see more than is there many times and cause ourselves more problems than if we would just accept things at face value and try to see the logic behind life, rather than the emotions through our rose-colored glasses.

That being said, I rarely understand myself, much less everyone else around me, male or female. :tongue:

I don't think men are shallow. I think men don't concern themselves with a lot of frivolities that women ruminate about. Women want to do the socially acceptable thing and that requires a lot of brain cells. If I do this, what will Mom think, what will my best friend think etc.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtUH_bHBxs[/ame]

Last edited:
I've met about 2 or 3 women who think that way, and I despise them just as I despise men who think that way. THe difference is, most men I meet are shallow. SHallow women are here and there.

The rest make excuses for their pigs of husbands. I have yet to run across a man that will make any sort of excuse for his wife.

Then you haven't met some of the great men I've had the pleasure of meeting. There are a lot of them out there.

By the same token, I've met a lot of shallow women, so I suppose that makes us even.

Men are great!

Women are great!

I am proud to say I count an equal amount of both as my friends!

The real difference is how each of the sexes handles the emotional things in their lives.

I.E. - Getting older and showing the effects of gravity:

> Balding 35 year old man with a softly growing keg where his six-pack used to be looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, yeah. Still a magnet for the hotties!"​

> 35 year old woman with a hint of stretch marks and a tummy that makes her favorite jeans a bit hard to get on looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, shit... I have my mothers ass!"​

-Joe

So you're saying the difference is that men are delusional, and women aren't? :eusa_whistle:

No.... I'm saying that men give themselves a break about aging and women unmercifully beat themselves up about it.

-Joe

I'll agree with you about women beating themselves up, but that guy thinking he's a hottie magnet is delusional.

Seriously, I've always wondered who women think they're trying to impress with their bodies. The photographer for Vogue magazine? They're MEN, ladies. I can promise you that the average man, when alone with a naked woman, is NOT thinking, "Could use a few more situps there, and look at that cellulite." He's thinking, "Woohoo! I'm going to get laid!" Anyway, HE probably doesn't look like a swimsuit model, so why do you think he expects YOU to? More importantly, why should you waste time on him if he does expect that?

Help me out here, guys. Would you rather have a gorgeous woman who's always obsessively critical of her body and inhibited about it, not wanting the lights on during sex and avoiding certain positions because they show her in a bad light? Or an average woman who's comfortable with her body and enthusiastically throwing herself into the lovemaking without another thought for her looks?

So if the women were more together, then they should do a better job with their men?

I think if women understood themselves and their motivations better, they might be more savvy in their choices of men, rather than looking at them as fixer-uppers.

There are only 3 men on the planet at any given moment in history who aren't "fixer-uppers"... one is dating your best friend and two of them are gay.

-Joe

I never think of men as fixer-uppers. They are what they are, and I subscribe to the line from "Guys and Dolls": My daddy always said no matter who you marry, you wake up married to someone else. It's probably true and you take the dice as they fall. But no man wants to feel like a piece of dress material you're going to cut up and sew according to the way they're wearing husbands this year.

Now that's not true at all. Men are actually less likely to get over loss quickly than women, according to psychiatrists, because they don't have the emotional support networks that women do. Oh, sure, they have friends, but men typically don't discuss deep emotional issues wth their buddies like women do. Men just seem like they get over it faster because they feel like they have to be stoic and they never talk about it.

As for the looks thing, are women any different, really? Human beings are designed to be visually attracted to each other, and women are every bit as likely to reject someone they don't find physically appealing as men are.

Men are great!

Women are great!

I am proud to say I count an equal amount of both as my friends!

Men are more fun. :lol:

The best thing about being a man?

You don't have to date men.

-Joe

I personally have never understood how you men put up with women. I'd make a lousy lesbian just because I can't stand being around most women. They irk the snot out of me.

And that's not shallow?

Forum List

Back